Using 64GB SD card

I just bought a Transcend 128gb card (from HK so it'll take a few weeks before it arrives; incidentally purchased from the same seller I bought the 64GB card from - which is now about half the price when I originally bought it - and about 1/3 the price of the 128GB!). If it doesn't work in the Blackvue, I'll try it in the GoPro or use it in the Lukas (Lukas takes up to 256gb cards!). I wanted to try a card with the same 45MB/s transfer speed as the existing 64GB Transcend card after reading the Blackvue UK review http://blackvueshop.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=220 indicating faster cards had a tendency to have problems.

I just bought a Transcend 128gb card (from HK so it'll take a few weeks before it arrives; incidentally purchased from the same seller I bought the 64GB card from - which is now about half the price when I originally bought it - and about 1/3 the price of the 128GB!). If it doesn't work in the Blackvue, I'll try it in the GoPro or use it in the Lukas (Lukas takes up to 256gb cards!). I wanted to try a card with the same 45MB/s transfer speed as the existing 64GB Transcend card after reading the Blackvue UK review http://blackvueshop.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=220 indicating faster cards had a tendency to have problems.
Just curious do you have a link on where you get it from? Thanks

Just curious do you have a link on where you get it from? Thanks

Not sure if it's against forum policy to post links to eBay items - but I'm sure they'll edit/delete my post if so...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271963529513
I also bought another 64GB micro SD card from the same seller, but expected delivery time is 3rd March for the 128GB but 9th Feb for the 64 GB?! No idea why one would take so much longer unless they have no stock on hand.

I received the 128GB Transcend SD card (as per previous reply) before the weekend and put it in this morning, and so far it's working without any problems. I'll report back when the card fills up to see if it has problems over-writing old files...

I received the 128GB Transcend SD card (as per previous reply) before the weekend and put it in this morning, and so far it's working without any problems. I'll report back when the card fills up to see if it has problems over-writing old files...

Given our experiences with Transcend cards. I would be surprised if you don't have any problems, best of luck and hope it works for you though.

A lot of customers believe the BlackVue cards are just another sandisk card re-branded. But in fact, they are more specifically designed for the BlackVue dash cam use; hence why we have few problems with them. But had massive issues with 3rd party cards.

Here are some of the failed Transcend cards we have here when we did the testing:
WSAmQ4Q.jpg

Given our experiences with Transcend cards. I would be surprised if you don't have any problems.

I purchased the 128GB based on flawless performance from the 64GB for many months including through 45+ degree days.

Here are some of the failed Transcend cards we have here when we did the testing:

Just out of curiosity, were the ones you purchased all from the same supplier and possibly the same batch? If so, this could suggest a faulty batch rather than a poor product.

Hi, just spotted this -
Delkin 64GB 375X UHS-I (Speed Class 1) Class 10 Micro ...
blackvueshop.co.uk/.../delkin-64gb-375x-uhs-i-speed-class-1-class-10-m...
This Delkin 64GB Micro SD is recommended by GoPro for Hero 3 Action Cameras and the Micro SDXC card is suitable for use in compatible Blackvue ...

Hi, just spotted this -
Delkin 64GB 375X UHS-I (Speed Class 1) Class 10 Micro ...
blackvueshop.co.uk/.../delkin-64gb-375x-uhs-i-speed-class-1-class-10-m...
This Delkin 64GB Micro SD is recommended by GoPro for Hero 3 Action Cameras and the Micro SDXC card is suitable for use in compatible Blackvue ...
I forgot to mention that this was from the previous Blackvue Sole UK Distributor, LMK Distribution, and not the current UK Distributor, NWX Group.

Just a brief update on the 128GB MSD card I purchased (as mentioned at the top of this page of this thread) is still working flawlessly.

Just a brief update on the 128GB MSD card I purchased (as mentioned at the top of this page of this thread) is still working flawlessly.

Do you encounter restarting issue after new firmware version (Ver. 1.011)?

Thanks

To be honest I can't remember what firmware version my Blackvue is running. I haven't updated it.

Now more than 12 months on and the same 128GB Transcend card is still working without any problems (including another few 45-degree (113F) days in the past few weeks too).

Now 2 years on and it's survived two summers flawlessly with some days this summer over 45 degrees again.

Given our experiences with Transcend cards. I would be surprised if you don't have any problems, best of luck and hope it works for you though.

A lot of customers believe the BlackVue cards are just another sandisk card re-branded. But in fact, they are more specifically designed for the BlackVue dash cam use; hence why we have few problems with them. But had massive issues with 3rd party cards.

WSAmQ4Q.jpg

Not surprised they're failing. Those aren't the High Endurance Cards. The High Endurance Cards are silver. I'd guess the premium cards probably aren't MLC Nand and are designed for use in regular cameras only, not devices that constantly write.

This is the High Endurance Card and the only one recommended for Dashcam usage.

clearance-transcend-32gb-high-endurance-microsd-card-1.jpg

Does anyone have an update on Sandisk High Endurance Cards?

Back