Using 64GB SD card

Worst thing about the 128GB evo+ is the max 20MBPS write speed is mediocre are best. Wish it was 45-50MBPS write speed. The Blackvue 2ch with its current firmware will almost max out the write speed while the card is too slow for the custom firmware

Worst thing about the 128GB evo+ is the max 20MBPS write speed is mediocre are best. Wish it was 45-50MBPS write speed. The Blackvue 2ch with its current firmware will almost max out the write speed while the card is too slow for the custom firmware

The speed is 6mbps front and 3mbps rear. So 9mbps.

Both files for 1 min clips equals about 65MB (47MB front and 15MB rear approx) on V2.0 & V2.001 firmware

On V1.009 the front is increased to 8.5mbps on highest.

A 1 min clip for both on that equates to about 85mb (70MB front and 15MB rear approx)

You're confusing megabits with megabytes.

The video quality is in megabits per second

The card recording is in megabytes per second.

8 bits to a byte. Therefore 8.5mbps equals about 1.06MB/s. Or about 1/20th of the cards capability.

Oops my bad. I read it wrong. That's what I get for reading the forums before the morning coffee has kicked in.

The speed is 6mbps front and 3mbps rear. So 9mbps.

Both files for 1 min clips equals about 65MB (47MB front and 15MB rear approx) on V2.0 & V2.001 firmware

On V1.009 the front is increased to 8.5mbps on highest.

A 1 min clip for both on that equates to about 85mb (70MB front and 15MB rear approx)

You're confusing megabits with megabytes.

The video quality is in megabits per second

The card recording is in megabytes per second.

8 bits to a byte. Therefore 8.5mbps equals about 1.06MB/s. Or about 1/20th of the cards capability.

I'm currently using V2.001 but will probably roll back to V1.009 for the increased bitrate until I can get a copy of the custom firmware.

I'm currently using V2.001 but will probably roll back to V1.009 for the increased bitrate until I can get a copy of the custom firmware.
I.. was under the impression that development on "custom" firmware has stopped and very unlikely to be restarted to include "cloud" features.. I hope I am wrong as it would be nice to have firmware that works.

Does anyone here run the custom firmware? Interested to see how it performs. Is it worth upgrading? The 12-15mbps bitrate interests me but not if overall video quality suffers.

I.. was under the impression that development on "custom" firmware has stopped and very unlikely to be restarted to include "cloud" features.. I hope I am wrong as it would be nice to have firmware that works.

I believe you're correct but I'm in Canada and mobile data is a complete ripoff. The camera cloud functions are somewhat useless to me as my vehicle has a security system that texts me when an alarm goes off (built in cell network connection), so as long as the G-Sensor is still turned onto the cam I'll get a recording.

I got a new/replacement DR650GW-2ch due to a faulty lens (see https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/blurred-video.10257/#post-199395) and wondered if there is a way to tell (eg: from original/factory firmware version, or serial number) if it is a new one, which will accept 128GB Micro-SD cards? I don't want to spend the $$$ on a card only to find out it doesn't work.

Hi basshead, the DR650-2CH model should work OK with the Pittasoft 128gb card. If you purchase this device through us and it does not work, we can look into a credit for the item. If you PM or email us [sales@blackvue.com.au] your serial number we can inform you as well if you have the latest hardware.

3rd party 128gb cards will not be compatible and are used at your own risk.

The 64Gb card I have will not overwrite, once it's full "please check the SD card" press the button and off we go again.
Put the original 16Gb card in and it overwrites no problem.
Both cards were purchased with the BlackVue.
Any suggestions?

The 64Gb card I have will not overwrite, once it's full "please check the SD card" press the button and off we go again.
Put the original 16Gb card in and it overwrites no problem.
Both cards were purchased with the BlackVue.
Any suggestions?

Hello Acco, can you please give us the brand name and model of the 64GB card you are using?

Yes, they are both marked BlackVue, (MLC) Class 10.
In fact the 64Gb was replaced under warranty in November.

Hi Acco,

We may need to look into this further and even take a look at the cameras for you.

Can you please email us with your full name, contact details, place of purchase etc.. to sales@blackvue.com.au

Thank you

Hi Acco,

We may need to look into this further and even take a look at the cameras for you.

Can you please email us with your full name, contact details, place of purchase etc.. to sales@blackvue.com.au

Thank you
Yes, no problems, we have two identical camera set-ups, one in mine, one in my wifes, they both do the same - don't overwrite.
Will send you the details you asked for.
Thanks.

I just got a DR650GW-2CH for christmas and I purchased a Samsung EVO+ 128GB card for it as a test to see how well it will work. I currently have the camera in normal recording mode but powered on 24-7 for the last couple days. It seems to be working fine so far! I'll report back and let you know how it goes over the next couple of weeks.

If anyone is looking for the card Best Buy in Canada currently has it for $50:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=37e6f16996d468b806851b9c2bd931a1en02

I'm using that setup too! got the card on Black Friday. One time I had an issue where although the files were on the card, the WiFi app didn't show the most recent videos (past 2-3 hours) although the files/timestamps were all there when I plugged it into the computer. It's working well for me though, have used it for about 3-4 weeks now. I format every 2 weeks approximately

It is correct. Mine local dealer say the same. I am going to purchase a SD card from Blackvue and purchase another Transcend 128GB and check it out. Let you guys know next week Friday.

How has the 128GB Transcend card been going?

How has the 128GB Transcend card been going?

So far so good. I am doing a routine frequent formatting the SD Card (twice a week). Please wait for another week. Hope it last

So far so good. I am doing a routine frequent formatting the SD Card (twice a week). Please wait for another week. Hope it last

Why so much formatting? Is it because you're getting "check the SD card" messages, or is it just out of habit/recommendation?

Just out of habit. Recommendation is frequently probably one a week.

Why so much formatting? Is it because you're getting "check the SD card" messages, or is it just out of habit/recommendation?
I "think" it is the only way to remove the event files. I also notice that "just" deleting files via the viewer does not delete all the files. Format removes them all.

Back