Using 64GB SD card

The new Blackvue 128gb card will cost.....

value.png

;-)

The new Blackvue 128gb card will cost.....

value.png

;-)

Looks like $189 inc GST around there at this stage, sorry! Very poor Australian currency means importers pay more on all goods. Don't believe all the 'facts' on the radio about a lower Aussie dollar being good for the economy. :)

I both have the Lexar 300X and Sandisk Endurance 64GB. I've been using the Lexar for about 3 weeks now and decided that I need another card so I bought the Sandisk. I was using the viewer on my PC and I got an error that it cannot show a video on the Sandisk which I never saw with the Lexar. I downloaded h2testw v1.4 on my PC and laptop which both have internal card readers and these are the results I got:

Sandisk Endurance 64GB

Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 14.7 MByte/s
Reading speed: 19.2 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Lexar 300X 64GB

Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 18.9 MByte/s
Reading speed: 31.4 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

I'll let the Sandisk fill-up 1 more time and see if I get any errors again.

Just a quick heads up for you guys....

Kogan is selling Aussie stock Lexar high performance cards online for the next 38 hours at 64gb for $65 free shipping, and 32gb for $39 inc free shipping.

Not a bad deal.

Just a quick heads up for you guys....

Kogan is selling Aussie stock Lexar high performance cards online for the next 38 hours at 64gb for $65 free shipping, and 32gb for $39 inc free shipping.

Not a bad deal.

It's not a good deal if they don't work in the cameras, I would put my cards on the Sandisk Endurance working better and it is the same price.

What is the data feedback on these cards? Have you had problems with these ones?

We have enough results from our testing to conclude they don't work well in the cameras majority of the time.

Sorry mate, I wasn't being a dick about that. I was just wondering what kind of failures occurred on the cards.

Sorry mate, I wasn't being a dick about that. I was just wondering what kind of failures occurred on the cards.

That is fine no problem at all, we just need to try and inform customers of the risks, and we have learnt the hard way here as well by taking risks in the past.

That is fine no problem at all, we just need to try and inform customers of the risks, and we have learnt the hard way here as well by taking risks in the past.

Beside Sandisk Endurance and of course BlackVue, what else we have? Transcend had been strike out. Your advice please for workable alternative from BlackVue.

Thanks

Beside Sandisk Endurance and of course BlackVue, what else we have? Transcend had been strike out. Your advice please for workable alternative from BlackVue.

Thanks

Not too sure, unless you're prepared to take the risk in testing other brands. We would say that these two cards are the only strong reliable options available. Do you not have access to these cards in your region?

Why strike out Transcend? I had one replaced 2 months after I installed my DR650; Transcend did a 1-to-1 exchange for a new one.
The new card has been running for 6 months with zero issues.
Now thinking of trying the Transcend 128GB version.

s-l300.jpg

Why strike out Transcend? I had one replaced 2 months after I installed my DR650; Transcend did a 1-to-1 exchange for a new one.
The new card has been running for 6 months with zero issues.
Now thinking of trying the Transcend 128GB version.

s-l300.jpg

Everyone has different results, but our results were as follows;

Test Period Dec 2014-Mar-2105

Transcend cards (64gb 300x) tested x 300pcs.

Failure rate after 2 months, 41 cards.

Failure rate after 5 months, 83 cards.

Symptoms = 'Card is bricked / no formatting possible' 'Card is not re-writing or camera rejects card under heat'

So it is safe to say if you use the Transcend card there is a ~28% chance you will get some problem within 3-5 months.

So again, it is recommended to use Pittasoft brand of SD card or potentially, an SD card that is made for dash cam use ie Sandisk Endurance.

Found another SD card Specifically made for dash cams / video recording.

https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/high-endurance-microsd

SANDISK ENDURANCE
  • Ideal for dash cams and home video monitoring cameras
  • Specially developed for high endurance applications
  • Up to 10,000 hours of Full HD video recording (64GB) and up to 5,000 hours of Full HD video recording (32GB)
  • Built for and tested in harsh conditions: Temperature-proof, shock-proof, waterproof
  • Class 10 for Full HD video (1080p) recording and playback

Proven tough in extreme conditions
    Proven to operate in temperatures from-25C to +85C2. SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Cards work in all weather, from desert heat to winter cold. And it’s rigorously tested and proven to stand up to shock, water and x-rays2 to give you the durability you need.

Just bought one of these from Amazon for £22 (uk)

I have a Sandisk SDXC 64gb card in it currently but will swap to this when it arrives.

Just bought one of these from Amazon for £22 (uk)

I have a Sandisk SDXC 64gb card in it currently but will swap to this when it arrives.

Cool. Keep us posted. I should have picked up the Sandisk Endurance card instead of the my current card which is the Lexar 633x. But the Lexar has worked perfectly so far. No issues. Only bought the 32GB version however.

If this card fails, I'll pick up the 64GB Endurance SD card.

So I've bought 2 different SD cards now and still have this same issue.

Both SD cards record and I'm able to see videos through wifi...but everytime I plug it into my laptop it says that it cannot be recognized or can't be opened (this is with video in the sd card).

However, if I go into the disk itself and delete everything on it...my laptop opens it up normally, without issues.

When I use the pittasoft SD card, I never have this issue with video on the card or not and I can actually view the videos on my laptop.

Anybody else experience this or have any resolutions?

I have a Mac, if that makes a difference
On an older forum from 2014, the Blackvue shop did some trials on SD cards. Have a look at http://blackvueshop.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=721

I just got a DR650GW-2CH for christmas and I purchased a Samsung EVO+ 128GB card for it as a test to see how well it will work. I currently have the camera in normal recording mode but powered on 24-7 for the last couple days. It seems to be working fine so far! I'll report back and let you know how it goes over the next couple of weeks.

If anyone is looking for the card Best Buy in Canada currently has it for $50:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=37e6f16996d468b806851b9c2bd931a1en02

Back