Vantrue Nexus 4Pro Firmware Update (Release time: 2024-09-26 09:58:44)

@Jeff_Vantrue

I updated to FW N4P_VT-ECH121 today.
I unchecked the mirror for Cabin or Rear or both but both of the cameras still show on the screen.
I didn't think the mirror mode was supposed to stop the cameras showing on the screen, does it? It's just supposed to reverse the picture like you are looking at it in a mirror (left side to right side), correct?

It's just supposed to reverse the picture like you are looking at it in a mirror (left side to right side), correct?
Correct!

I didn't think the mirror mode was supposed to stop the cameras showing on the screen, does it? It's just supposed to reverse the picture like you are looking at it in a mirror (left side to right side), correct?
I just checked it and you're correct!
Thanks!

New firmware added and it still flicks white balance levels.

Use the app to update the FW.
it will check and update all 3 cameras to the latest ones.
I updated FW for my camera yesterday.
N4_Pro.PNG

Use the app to update the FW.
it will check and update all 3 cameras to the latest ones.
I updated FW for my camera yesterday.
In my case, the rear camera, when updated through the application, was not updated on either the N4 Pro or the N5.
And I'm not the only one. I know more users whose rear camera has not been updated.
What is the reason is not clear.

My rear camera did not change with the update either.

My rear camera did not change with the update either.
In your screenshot after the update, the firmware version of the rear camera = VT-ECG201.
BEFORE the update, the firmware version of the rear camera was VT-ECD201.

In your screenshot after the update, the firmware version of the rear camera = VT-ECG201.
BEFORE the update, the firmware version of the rear camera was VT-ECD201.

Ahh.. I added from the single link above, so must have already done it in the earlier overall update (y)

In my case, the rear camera, when updated through the application, was not updated on either the N4 Pro or the N5.
And I'm not the only one. I know more users whose rear camera has not been updated.
What is the reason is not clear.
Same here my rear one is still on ECF-141 but the front and cabin are matching the screenshot above. Don't get why the newer update hasn't been offered....

Same here my rear one is still on ECF-141 but the front and cabin are matching the screenshot above. Don't get why the newer update hasn't been offered....
BTW, I use Vantrue app version 1.0.18 on my iPhone.

BTW, I use Vantrue app version 1.0.18 on my iPhone.
won't affect it, the only other thing i can think of is that it's a staggered roll-out of firmware, like they usually do with mobile phones etc. e.g. 10% one week, scaling up to 40% the second week, then third week fourth week, roll-out 100% complete.

That's to avoid any showstopping issues, where they can pull back the firmware if they are getting lots of user reports with bugs, or they have just pulled the firmware completely themselves because they have discovered issues that would mean it's not ready for prime-time.

Vantrue N4 Pro Dash Cam Firmware Update​

• Release time: 2023-10-26 09:28:59
  • Version: N4P_VT-ECJ161
Update Log
1. Updated German translation.
2. Added "Audio Noise Reduction Switch" feature.
3. Added "12-hour/24-hour Timezone Switch" feature.
4. Fixed some bugs.

Downloaded and superficially, at least, the camera still works ;-)

Back