Vantrue Nexus 4Pro FIRMWARE

I noticed the app was not (yet) offering to update the firmware automatically either.

I noticed the app was not (yet) offering to update the firmware automatically either.
You using android or iOS? I've been using android and this update (and the last one last month) were offered to me via wifi. Had to tap the icon "Firmware OTA update for dash cam" for it to appear but was fine after that.

Update Log

N4P_VT-ECK142 (New)

1. 1. Fixed some bugs on GPS, audio recording and parking mode.
    2. Correct an error on the daylight saving time entry/exit times.
    3. Added a backup mechanism for voice activation.

You using android or iOS? I've been using android and this update (and the last one last month) were offered to me via wifi. Had to tap the icon "Firmware OTA update for dash cam" for it to appear but was fine after that.
On Android. Cleared the app's cache and all good now.

Vantrue N4 Pro Dash Cam Firmware Update​

• Release time: 2024-01-15 11:58:44
  • Version: N4P_VT-EDA101
Update Log

N4P_VT-EDA101 (New)2024-01-15
1. Fixed some bugs.
2. The system default time has been updated to January 1, 2024.

Last edited:
Not seeing the OTA yet. I presume it will happen once enough 'early testers' have chosen to download it and do the update manually and they've not bricked their dashcams :)

Not seeing the OTA yet. I presume it will happen once enough 'early testers' have chosen to download it and do the update manually and they've not bricked their dashcams :)
Haven't bricked mine haha didn't see OTA so did microSD update lol

Uploaded mine OTA a few days ago, went in with no problem but I have noticed that I have 6 new events ( usually none) on my well trodden route. I may have missed something on the settings upon restart.

Uploaded mine OTA a few days ago, went in with no problem but I have noticed that I have 6 new events ( usually none) on my well trodden route. I may have missed something on the settings upon restart.
Settings always get reset after an update :(

Vantrue applications have been updated.

Android
Version: V 1.0.43
Updated on January 17, 2024

IOS
Version: V1.0.29
Updated on January 19, 2024

I have issues updating with my android phone, even after clearing cache and data. I had to use my iPhone to update.

I have issues updating with my android phone, even after clearing cache and data. I had to use my iPhone to update.
Worked for me after clearing cache and force closing - forgotten I needed to do that with the Android app :-(

Last edited:
If I launch the app, will it prompt me for firmware update if I connect to the camera via its wifi?

Back