Vantrue Nexus 4Pro FIRMWARE

Anyone seen this when trying to update? I was in a loop - ticking the message got the app re-downloading the update each time and then throwing up the message again. It was doing this all on 4G so was connected to the Internet and not to the dashcam. Problem resolved itself when I connected to Wifi on home network. I can only think that the message meant something else and has been miss-translated?? Or the app just got confused - though I did try force closing it.

Screenshot_20240220-120129.jpg

Anyone seen this when trying to update? I was in a loop - ticking the message got the app re-downloading the update each time and then throwing up the message again. It was doing this all on 4G so was connected to the Internet and not to the dashcam. Problem resolved itself when I connected to Wifi on home network. I can only think that the message meant something else and has been miss-translated?? Or the app just got confused - though I did try force closing it.

View attachment 70899
No sorry, updated this afternoon OTA via WiFi and all went smoothly .

I got the update for my N5 looking at the APP in front of my computer, then DL it, and pushed that to the camera the day after when i went on a drive.
What you have tried @wibbly i have also experienced in the car, but i think it would work if you turned off the camera wifi while you DL the new update.

I got the update for my N5 looking at the APP in front of my computer, then DL it, and pushed that to the camera the day after when i went on a drive.
What you have tried @wibbly i have also experienced in the car, but i think it would work if you turned off the camera wifi while you DL the new update.
Got nothing to do with it mate. The updates are listed on the website they always are with Vantrue

yeah i know.
Updates are not a regular thing, but with a good brand probably more frequent in the early days with a new system.
But wibbly seemed to have a update alright just not able to get it onto the camera / DL it in the first place, and i had that happen too in the car, but looking away from the camera ( i assume via mobile data as i dont like to run WIFI in my apartment )
I assume it would work in the car if you turn off the camera wifi, so it is not there to trip up things.

IMO wifi is strange in phones, why do i have to get the " there is no internet access on this wifi " when i connect to a dashcam, i bloody know, i assume just a precaution Google and Apple have to make sure they can milk their slaves data, so the phone wifi will always put internet access over anything else.

yeah i know.
Updates are not a regular thing, but with a good brand probably more frequent in the early days with a new system.
But wibbly seemed to have a update alright just not able to get it onto the camera / DL it in the first place, and i had that happen too in the car, but looking away from the camera ( i assume via mobile data as i dont like to run WIFI in my apartment )
I assume it would work in the car if you turn off the camera wifi, so it is not there to trip up things.

IMO wifi is strange in phones, why do i have to get the " there is no internet access on this wifi " when i connect to a dashcam, i bloody know, i assume just a precaution Google and Apple have to make sure they can milk their slaves data, so the phone wifi will always put internet access over anything else.
I think the app just doesn't deal well with what happens when you disconnect from, say, your home Wifi and connect to the internet via the mobile network. Seems it wants a Wifi based internet connection for some reason.

yeah i know.

It worked fine for me using LTE. That's just how networking works, same with when you connect to photo printing kiosks. It's not such a big thing in the grand scheme of things

I wouldn't, generally i do my very best to never use wifi or even BT too.
Actually only with dashcams, and my eyes getting tired have a started to use wifi a few seconds every month, at home quite happy with network cable for my internet.
The phone is all mobile data and still i only use 3 GB/mo tops.

I think we just haven't had an update in a while. It's still on sale and getting submitted for reviews ...

I think we just haven't had an update in a while. It's still on sale and getting submitted for reviews ...
This.

I think there should be a new firmware update incoming because support for the LT01 LTE module has been added for the S1 Pro, and it's showing as supported for the Nexus 4 Pro. Just a matter of time.

Back