Vantrue Nexus 4Pro FIRMWARE

Hopefully one of the bugs fixed is the flashing from blue to grey/white sky which also affected tarmac colours.

Downloaded and superficially, at least, the camera still works ;-)
Rear focus issues obviously still there and I can't notice any other changes with IQ or the like :(

And I wonder if the rear camera focus issues were not, actually, hardware adjustment and have been fixed in firmware!?

And I wonder if the rear camera focus issues were not, actually, hardware adjustment and have been fixed in firmware!?
Oh its hardware trust me. Looked again today at new footage on the new firmware.

Oh its hardware trust me. Looked again today at new footage on the new firmware.
Yes, that was my expectation too. Nobody's published a video so far of adjusting the focus for this particular model, right?

...Nobody's published a video so far of adjusting the focus for this particular model, right?
I suspect it's not a matter of just adjusting the focus, at least based on my experience with the S1-Pro rear camera (which appears to be the same as the N4-Pro). In my case the focus shifts as the camera warms from use, so even if possible adjusting it would not be a solution. I have examples in the S1-Pro forum showing the focus going from 'kind of bad' to 'really bad' in a matter of a few minutes of use.

I suspect it's not a matter of just adjusting the focus, at least based on my experience with the S1-Pro rear camera (which appears to be the same as the N4-Pro). In my case the focus shifts as the camera warms from use, so even if possible adjusting it would not be a solution. I have examples in the S1-Pro forum showing the focus going from 'kind of bad' to 'really bad' in a matter of a few minutes of use.
:-(

Yes, that was my expectation too. Nobody's published a video so far of adjusting the focus for this particular model, right?
Not from what I've seen , no. Just a few scraggly YouTube reviews with no mention of the rear focus issues.

No communication from Jeff in a couple of months apart from reassurance that he's ok, and that they're still working on things.

I have uSD cards, ‎MB-MJ256KA/AM, coming in sometime tomorrow. I adjusted the focus on our Ring camera ages ago and I assume these lenses are similar. If the rest of the family is quiet [enough] I'll open up my rear camera with video recording from the rear camera and show what I'm doing on the outside and see what's what.

So, focus... I'll do a picture post elsewhere in a few, but it is as predicted, i.e. mechanical and physical. Consider it non-adjustable.

20231027_144910_0003_N_C_3732115.png

Last edited:
So, focus... I'll do a picture post elsewhere in a few, but it is as predicted, i.e. mechanical and physical. Consider it non-adjustable.

View attachment 68793
Flattering photo haha. That's it, needs to be fixed from the factory. The end user getting defective units is not a good look

I got my camera less than a week ago and I don't notice any focus issues on the rear camera, so maybe it is hardware.

Vantrue N4 Pro Dash Cam Firmware Update​

• Release time: 2023-11-07 09:56:37
  • Version: N4P_VT-ECJ202

Update Log
  1. 1. Added new feature display in the APP menu.
    2. Optimized the Area motion detection function.
    3. Improved the functionality of switching Daylight Saving Time.
    4. Fixed the issue with incorrect watermark display in the 12-hour mode.

Vantrue N4 Pro Dash Cam Firmware Update​

• Release time: 2023-12-05 17:40:05
  • Version: N4P_VT-ECK142
Update Log

N4P_VT-ECK142 (New)

1. 1. Fixed some bugs on GPS, audio recording and parking mode.
    2. Correct an error on the daylight saving time entry/exit times.
    3. Added a backup mechanism for voice activation.

Last edited:
Back