View front and rear footage together

Bullock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Just fitted a 522GW with a rear window camera. All working ok I think, I can find the video files from both cameras. Problem is, I rather assumed I could download and view the footage as it appears when being recorded. ie the rear footage in a small window on top of the front footage. I see clips like this all the time online but don't know how it works.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Most times when you see a picture in picture like that i think it is something people have done with a video editor.
Regarding playback some dashcam players do support dual channel systems and so 2 live videos going at once, but i have no experience with nextbase products or their player so unsure what to do there.

Dashcam Viewer has that capability and looks to support Nextbase products. You can D/L a (limited) free version to see if it works for you.

Dashcam Viewer has that capability and looks to support Nextbase products. You can D/L a (limited) free version to see if it works for you.

And if your cam model is not supported, just contact @traveler here on DCT via PM- that's his product and he will try to get your cam and it's features working with his most excellent viewer :) And he's pretty darn good with doing that (y)

Phil

I forgot to mention that if it does work for you it's well worth the modest life-time registration fee. (y)

Hi there,

Your front and rear Cam footage will be recorded as separate files, and so will be displayed separately on playback via MyNextbase Player. Unfortunately our software does not have this capability built in.
I'd recommend using a different software to overlap the footage if you'd like both in the same image :)

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Back