I was testing the new firmware in the weekend and i just took the camera off to check the results. Well the parking mode overwrote everything from 7:30 til 14:30 just today. I have a 64gb card.
parking mode 5fps, rainy weather all day. is it only me, or I should just turn that off...for me the videos under driving are more important.

What do you guys think of motion detection or timelapse? or does the camera can be activated only trough g-sensor (if somebody drive into / hit my car)?

(if it is the wrong thread to ask about it let me know...newbie)

have a nice day

I was testing the new firmware in the weekend and i just took the camera off to check the results. Well the parking mode overwrote everything from 7:30 til 14:30 just today. I have a 64gb card.
parking mode 5fps, rainy weather all day. is it only me, or I should just turn that off...for me the videos under driving are more important.

What do you guys think of motion detection or timelapse? or does the camera can be activated only trough g-sensor (if somebody drive into / hit my car)?

(if it is the wrong thread to ask about it let me know...newbie)

have a nice day
It rains here in Vancouver so often I no longer use Parking Mode since the rain drops trigger visual motion trigger and fill card with useless clips. There is no point of using Motion Detection or Time Lapse setting instead of Parking Mode. If you are driving a long boring road and want to be create use Time Lapse or want to set continuous Time Lapse for parking can set them manually for each trip otherwise it will record all driving the same way.

The best use of Parking Mode is short term, anything longer than 5 hours demands 128 - 256GB microSD card. As you discovered in the rain consider rotating 64GB memory cards each night before leaving the vehicle, I do this anyway every 4 days.

It rains here in Vancouver so often I no longer use Parking Mode since the rain drops trigger visual motion trigger and fill card with useless clips. There is no point of using Motion Detection or Time Lapse setting instead of Parking Mode. If you are driving a long boring road and want to be create use Time Lapse or want to set continuous Time Lapse for parking can set them manually for each trip otherwise it will record all driving the same way.

The best use of Parking Mode is short term, anything longer than 5 hours demands 128 - 256GB microSD card. As you discovered in the rain consider rotating 64GB memory cards each night before leaving the vehicle, I do this anyway every 4 days.

Thanks for the fast reply... i think i will test the dashcam without parking mode...did not plan to buy bigger card, and for my driving habits will be enough the 64gb.
Keep up the good work.

Here is my video of 7Rg with WDR on, two in bright light and two at night; when light is good you get tons of detail all across the frame; take a look at tree branches or house roofs

you can watch online or download

https://uploadfile.pl/pokaz/1633740---k05x.html

direct link

https://pluto.uploadfile.pl/pobierz/1633740---k05x.html
Thanks for the A119 footage, the purpose of WDR is to brighten scenes mostly in shadow or darken scene which is mostly too bright. It cannot enhance only top or bottom or trees, WDR adjusts the entire scene. Your clip wouldn't use WDR algorithm since light levels are perfect. The 800MB direct link isn't the RAW file, it was processed with another editor and properties changed from original but I agree the fine detail is very good and that Lens has perfect center focus.

my purpose of using WDR is to get extra details at night in case of emergency or collision; sure it isn't RAW but simple split/merge with deleting audio, all done with Copy and no transcoding; I don't see difference between original file and this; center focus is obvious but if you look at corner sharpness that is very nice; I selected a clip with direct sun to get overall idea how Viofo handles in these situations

above I presented recording during optimal weather but with worse one like today it's still good but not great, I had some hopes that plate of this idiot will be recognizable but it isn't

https://transfer.pcloud.com/download.html?code=5ZypRK7Zwf1AbGRA56LZhPuSZa58kag3aYERqhypFGmfoQS8Tn15k

Here is a YouTube video of the some of the clips collected whilst BETA testing BCHobbyist MOD's. All reference to 1880p files should be 1080p.

Noticed the Forum has been updated changing the Avatar style which just happens to match my World Map Logo perfectly. I always knew the world was round...
Big job customizing old Avatars to fit circle shape.

Yes, especially as I nearly drove over the edge the other day[emoji23][emoji23].

Actually the ‘Flat Earth Society’ recently put out a recruitment advert, saying that they have ‘global’ membership now! [emoji23]

Yes, especially as I nearly drove over the edge the other day[emoji23][emoji23].

Actually the ‘Flat Earth Society’ recently put out a recruitment advert, saying that they have ‘global’ membership now! [emoji23]
I've always know in isn't flat, we have a lot of steep hills around here and I've been to the mountains as well.

But I don't think it is a circle, much closer to a sphere, the forum should wrap our avatars around a sphere shape!

Can you make custom bitrate.Video files too large.i tried most of the software. i thing 1080p 6 or 8 mbps ts video very good. i use 6pk.Thank for mods.

I've used two years A119.20160829.V1.1 firmware. ( 720p 6 mbps ). reading plates and 16.5 hours of video recording to 64 gb memory card.Best viofo orijinal firmware, But no ts video format. i want to record long term video. v1.1 1 minute 48 mb. 6pk 1 minute 65 mb. no difference between them. but ts video format very good

ts advantage is file is playable up until the last second or so in the case of power loss, nothing else otherwise

Ha! Also heard on the news the other day that they have a flat earther themed cruise coming up... hope they don’t sail over the edge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I downloaded the updated custom firmware from this thread I believe and I know that someone asked if I could send them any video footage from my travels. I was wondering if you'd like one better? My wife got sideswiped by someone when pulling up to a stoplight. It was a hit and run where the driver just skirted off to the open lane at the side after the accident and took off, leaving my wife with a damaged front end. She tried to drive after him, but he had already taken off. The whole accident took about 1 second and by 2 seconds he was out of sight. The 1440 video footage from the A119 is so clear you can easily see the make model and License Plate of the offender. I pulled off some stills off the video and gave them to the police and they did catch the guy who low and behold said he didn't realize he was in an accident.

Don't know if you have a dropbox or somewhere to send the video too. I am thinking of putting it onto youtube so I could link to that if I can figure that part out..

Well that’s great news knowing that some scumbag didn’t get away with it! [emoji106]

I downloaded the updated custom firmware from this thread I believe and I know that someone asked if I could send them any video footage from my travels. I was wondering if you'd like one better? My wife got sideswiped by someone when pulling up to a stoplight. It was a hit and run where the driver just skirted off to the open lane at the side after the accident and took off, leaving my wife with a damaged front end. She tried to drive after him, but he had already taken off. The whole accident took about 1 second and by 2 seconds he was out of sight. The 1440 video footage from the A119 is so clear you can easily see the make model and License Plate of the offender. I pulled off some stills off the video and gave them to the police and they did catch the guy who low and behold said he didn't realize he was in an accident.

Don't know if you have a dropbox or somewhere to send the video too. I am thinking of putting it onto youtube so I could link to that if I can figure that part out..
Good to hear the A119 Dash Cam performed its function recording accident evidence using my Modified Firmware. Ontario is a great Province and I'm looking forward to seeing all interesting footage on those crazy highways especially the 401 around Toronto. Your Road Trips to Niagara Falls and the Lakes would make great videos for YouTube.

About $2800 worth of damage to the front side of the car. Believe it or not the most expensive part was the plastic wheel cover that got cracked. The police did track the guy down after we gave them a printout of the video frame that clearly showed the license plate. He said that he didn't realize he got into an accident. I can't believe it if you see how much our car shook, and the bang sound from the impact. He took off pretty quickly zig zagging and then turn right on the red light and gone!

Back