VIOFO A119 (production) feature requests and bug reports

Less distortion is similar as 1.1 digital ZOOM.
Which means? How come I don't understand that answer? (Hey @viofo , can you guys do something about the barrel (fish eye) distortion?)

There's only so much adjustment that can be done in firmware before having a negative impact on image quality, a narrower lens would be needed to get what you want

Reactions: Mtz
There's only so much adjustment that can be done in firmware before having a negative impact on image quality, a narrower lens would be needed to get what you want
understood with your explanation thanks

Is this a limitation of Novatek? I noticed Ambarella based cams usually don't have this problem.

Dome has a dewarping feature in some of their dash cameras that seems to work pretty well. Are you familiar with this at all. I assume it's done in the firmware. Maybe only possible with Ambarella chipset?

The format prompt hasn't come up since I loaded the A119 805 firmware.
I haven't checked if the date time etc... are reset or not thought.
Will do sometime.

Small review for 1 week with the beta firmware, everything seems to work

Is this a limitation of Novatek? I noticed Ambarella based cams usually don't have this problem.

Ambarella has a dewarp function, there are limits to how much you can adjust before it has a negative impact, images that have not been dewarped are sharper on Ambarella also

@viofo is it possible to increase mic sensitivity (recorded audio volume?)

Is there any plans to add settings for bitrate/quality? With 20Mbit/s picture looks overcompressed. Sometimes hard to read even road signs, car plates I can see just when both cars are standing still and the distance is no more than 3 feet.2016_0825_123943_189.MP4_snapshot_01.46_[2016.08.26_15.31.00].jpg 2016_0826_004140_200.MP4_snapshot_00.04_[2016.08.26_15.30.29].jpg 2016_0826_010622_210.MP4_snapshot_00.03_[2016.08.26_15.29.25].jpg 2016_0826_105118_215.MP4_snapshot_00.01_[2016.08.26_15.28.34].jpg

Here is an idea to allow to save video of interest. At the moment a user has to press the button to save a copy of the video... but if the camera is behing the read view mirror it is rather difficult and distracting/dangerous to do while driving.

Given the camera has a g force sensor would it be possible to implement a firmware feature that would save the video if, say, the driver "knock" 3 times on the camera within 2 seconds? It could emit a beep to acknowledge that the video was indeed marked as interesting.

What do you think?

I also have another idea as I didn't know the LDWS and other systems can't be used in 1440p mode.

Perhaps add a warning on the screen that the feature isn't available when you select it in 1440p mode, because at the moment it doesn't let you know that it doesn't work...

Here is an idea to allow to save video of interest. At the moment a user has to press the button to save a copy of the video... but if the camera is behing the read view mirror it is rather difficult and distracting/dangerous to do while driving.

Given the camera has a g force sensor would it be possible to implement a firmware feature that would save the video if, say, the driver "knock" 3 times on the camera within 2 seconds? It could emit a beep to acknowledge that the video was indeed marked as interesting.

What do you think?

The A119 has a G-Sensor.
You need only to tap the A119 and it will record an Event.

RodeoGeorge

Back