VIOFO A119 (production) feature requests and bug reports

A119 stamps GPS even with GPS off in the settings.
On/off only changes display of speed on the LCD screen.
GPS off should remove GPS info from the videos or even better if it entirely disables the GPS.

A119 stamps GPS even with GPS off in the settings.
On/off only changes display of speed on the LCD screen.
GPS off should remove GPS info from the videos or even better if it entirely disables the GPS.

they will be able to add this is a menu selectable option, probably just something they haven't got to yet

they will be able to add this is a menu selectable option, probably just something they haven't got to yet

Regarding the A119 Which sd card is better to use the Transend 64gb 400x 60 MBS or the Transend 64GB 300x 45MBS right now I'm using the 400x 60MBS and having corrupt file problems.

Recently purchased the A119 dashcam here in the UK and it is great. However, I wanted to use the Dashcam Viewer software (www.dashcamviewer.com) to anaylyse my trips and although this works to some degree it is not updating the marker on the map in conjunction with the video as it plays. What is interesting is when the video flows into the next in the sequence the marker updates. So it is like it can read some of the information at the start but not all.

I contacted the developer and sent him a file so he could analyse it and upon his initial conclusions it appears not all the relevant information is being written to the video file as follows:

hex.jpg
Here is the timestamp for the first second of my GPS data. The six highlighted groupings represent 6 integers. These are supposed to represent the date (3 ints) and time (3 ints). If you convert the hexadecimal into integer you get:

Hour: 16
Min: 54
Sec: 03
Year: 16
Month: 08
Day: 2149884200

Notice the Day is totally incorrect. Unless the developer is mistaken it seems that Viofo skipped the writing of the Day into the datestamp stream. Thus Dashcam Viewer cannot process the date/time which is why it’s not working.

Is it possible that Viofo can check this and fix in the next firmware update?

400x is the better card
@jokiin. do u think I will have a problem with the following card?
SAMSUNG 32GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDHC upto 48MB/S

I saw in another post that u mentioned that u never had a problem with Samsung cards.
thanks in advance.
By the way kudos to u for helping and providing advice to so many members even though u r not the viofo manufacturer.
cheers mate

Samsung cards are normally ok, main issue with Samsung is there are so many fakes so you need to be careful where you buy from

The main reason Transcend is the preferred brand is that's what the engineers use for development and testing

will this card be ok Jokiin?
thanks

Transcend premium 400x 32GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter up to 60MB/s

sorry to annoy you.
I thought that all cards were created equal.
does not look like it as it seems

thanks a lot mate.
ur absolutely amazing man.
when my financial conditions improve I am getting a street guardian.
I worry bout my kid driving on the hwy and I am saving to spend the money for her vehicle.
I can survive with the least expensive stuff.
my kid comes first.
cheers

i thought it was already added in the current beta (which i haven't had time to install and test yet). am i mixing it up with something else?
Yes I checked and the videos don't have gps stamped when it's off in the settings.
For example:

It could still be in the file when viewed in a dascam viewer.

Yes I checked and the videos don't have gps stamped when it's off in the settings.
For example:

It could still be in the file when viewed in a dascam viewer.

It is.

Ive been experiencing a pulsing noise in audio, which only appears when the gps unit is connected. This is testing via hardwired or via my battery power pack. Unfortunately I cant seem to turn off the gps unit, as its still operational even when turned off in the menu.. As I found out when I pulled the files into dashcam viewer - the gps co-ords were plotted even though i had gps off :(

I'm running the latest beta..

It is.

Ive been experiencing a pulsing noise in audio, which only appears when the gps unit is connected. This is testing via hardwired or via my battery power pack. Unfortunately I cant seem to turn off the gps unit, as its still operational even when turned off in the menu.. As I found out when I pulled the files into dashcam viewer - the gps co-ords were plotted even though i had gps off :(

I'm running the latest beta..
I had what u are experiencing and my radio also had pulsating noise. Ask Pier28 If they can sell u one of their power cords. That solved the problem. Their power cord has 2 oval filters attached to the cord and the moment I used it its clear now Well this happened with a power cord that came with the A119 and not the power harness. They can give u suggestions about power harness.

Back