Took some more footage today as weather was better and brighter.
For some unknown reason the dash cam I was using decided to revert to 1920x1080 with out any interaction from me(at least unaware). The 1080p footage was a disappointment after seeing the clarity of 1440p using 6Ph. The customise text is unfortunately declaring 1440p which it is not.

Disappointed or what. I had some very interesting scenes but spoilt by the lower bitrate of 1080p. They were blocky and quite blurred in places. Number plates nearly unreadable. The A119 V2 is definitely best at 1440p.

Last edited:
Took some more footage today as weather was better and brighter.
For some unknown reason the dash cam I was using decided to revert to 1920x1080 with out any interaction from me(at least unaware). The 1080p footage was a disappointment after seeing the clarity of 1440p using 6Ph. The customise text is unfortunately declaring 1440p which it is not.

Disappointed or what. I had some very interesting scenes but spoilt by the lower bitrate of 1080p. They were blocky and quite blurred in places. Number plates nearly unreadable. The A119 V2 is definitely best at 1440p.
There has been reports of A119 changing from 1440 to 1080 after an update or other Menu change. When LDWS or FCWS is enabled they require 1080 so will change the resolution, Parking Mode may also force 1080. Always confirm resolution on LCD where the red record indicator blinking circle appears. Its too bad the A119 cannot crop to 1080 without interpolating the 1440 down to 1080 which degrades the quality. If consumers wanted both resolutions they will be disappointed just as you discovered.

I am aware of the resolution problem. What puzzles me is that I do not recall touching the settings since before the sample of 6Ph.

Traffic jam and various sites of Canterbury to poor IQ for public viewing. It will be few week before I get the chance again in Canterbury.

I am aware of the resolution problem. What puzzles me is that I do not recall touching the settings since before the sample of 6Ph.

Traffic jam and various sites of Canterbury to poor IQ for public viewing. It will be few week before I get the chance again in Canterbury.
I know the disappointment of driving to a distant interesting location only to discover Lens was angled down too low/high wrong firmware version or WDR on, EV +1, forgot CPL... its maddening!
Resolution change can also occur directly after firmware update if something goes wrong use Default Settings option. Its also possible you discovered a firmware BUG. Notice if it repeats and the steps taken for BUG report.

Created new A119 - Beta version 6Pi > See post #1 of thread for details and ChangeLog.
Welcome to Spooky Halloween MODs !!

Request feedback on Sharpness and Brightness under all lighting conditions.
More work is needed to tweak these settings and levels, all feedback is welcome.

FWBA119_MOD-6Pi_v4.00+26Mbps+Sharp130C+Sharp180B+Edge168+Brite134+Sat130B+DCTeam.bin
Download > https://drive.google.com/open?id=16dhXGnRUxwQ79AnSZ6mKlHixkzvZHAM5
---
DCTeam - CEO/CEH/CDO/DRD/DSP/IQE/PDU/SFC/LLS
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BCHobbyist

Last edited:
Roger to that. 6Pi here we come.

Weather here today is terrible, heavy rain, wipers on maximum. Too much rain on windscreen and the rain drops too visible in the footage for analysing. Probably the most needed time for a dash cam. Would be better mounted the other side of the glass on a day like this. From what I could define the white's seem to have more contrast and it's bright and as clear as a rain splashed windscreen will let you see.

No trouble today with dash cam switching it's self to 1080p. The angle of my screen makes it very difficult to see the display to check, need to almost be sitting on the floor of the car to see it and not a chance if the sun shines.

Do not recommend the suction mount. It sticks to the screen fine but trying to remove the cam from the mount is hard work. You definitely do not need the foam on the cam it fits tightly perhaps too tightly.

Here are 3 samples from MOD 6Pi they include a very rainy day in .MP4, morning and a bit of standing still footage both .TS files. Looking good the standing still footage shows a good amount of detail in the subject. They are all to be found in this link;

MOD 6Pi samples

Here are 3 samples from MOD 6Pi they include a very rainy day in .MP4, morning and a bit of standing still footage both .TS files. Looking good the standing still footage shows a good amount of detail in the subject. They are all to be found in this link;

MOD 6Pi samples
Great TS format 6Pi footage, all clips look very good, don't see any reason to make further adjustments. Driving those streets is like being in a Maze! too many blind corners! no traffic lights! no sidewalks! you almost hit two birds! the humanity! thanks for sharing. Will review few more Beta test clips then release 6Pi to Stable 5/6/7Th.

They look good to me also.

Yeah you become like a trained rat with the maze like roads. You take your life in your hands if you go out walking at night. In 40 odd years there as been only 1 or 2 bird casualties surprising how smart and fast they become, pigeons and doves are the worst they wait till the last moment. As for blind corners, you need a bit of adrenaline to keep the heart ticking. With no traffic lights you can go faster.

Sorted 2nd A119 out just waiting for the delivery of another GPS as I prefer to remove the cam rather keep unplugging. Also easier to hide the cable when coming straight down and not in the side.

Weather here today is terrible, heavy rain, wipers on maximum. Too much rain on windscreen and the rain drops too visible in the footage for analysing. Probably the most needed time for a dash cam. Would be better mounted the other side of the glass on a day like this. From what I could define the white's seem to have more contrast and it's bright and as clear as a rain splashed windscreen will let you see.

No trouble today with dash cam switching it's self to 1080p. The angle of my screen makes it very difficult to see the display to check, need to almost be sitting on the floor of the car to see it and not a chance if the sun shines.

Do not recommend the suction mount. It sticks to the screen fine but trying to remove the cam from the mount is hard work. You definitely do not need the foam on the cam it fits tightly perhaps too tightly.
Agreed detaching A119 from suction mount is difficult with EVA Foam Pad applied, usually I end removing the entire mount from glass on any DVR using suction cup. About to review another cam soon.
From your recent 6Pi footage should Brightness drop more?? can drop 5 points until back to default level.

I would drop it back a couple points. I think the default level is a little dark with a CPL. It might help to stop the total wipe out of all colour (a bit) when emerging from a dark area.
My personally preference is a brightness level similar to MOD 7/5Re or 7/5Rf.

Need to change the font on my avatar. It's bit difficult to read perhaps too much info

Which Cam?

Last edited:
I think when you can see the wiper blade at the bottom of screen is about right. The horizon wants to be about 40 to 50% up the screen from the bottom.

Very Late in collecting and posting footage from this cam as my rear cam.

Firmware: FWBA119_MOD-7Rf_v4.00+27Mbps+Sharp170+Edge148+DCTeam

1080p 60fps
60Hz
WDR=Off
CPL=Off
EV= +2/3
Tint=35%

Clip #1 Day Sunny

Clip #2 Number Plate Readability Test

Created new A119 - Beta version 6Pj > See post #1 of thread for details and ChangeLog.
Welcome to Wacky Weekend MODs !!
Request feedback on Sharpness, Brightness and reduced Saturation under all lighting conditions.
Very close to Stable version, all feedback is welcome.

FWBA119_MOD-6Pj_v4.00+26Mbps+Sharp130C+Edge168+Brite132+Sat110B+DCTeam.bin
Download > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zee-DlFeUcDVp3qDMSNIca3QGEfuAlrA
---
DCTeam - CEO/CEH/CDO/DRD/DSP/IQE/PDU/SFC/LLS
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BCHobbyist

Last edited:
Back