VIOFO A119 V3

On any firmware, but rarely, there is no system.
post photo with camera opened showing the position of copper shield, yellow layer, ribbon cables and supercapacitors.

post photo with camera opened showing the position of copper shield, yellow layer, ribbon cables and supercapacitors.
I don't understand, this?

Attachments

• M.jpg
    M.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 1 (4).JPG
    1 (4).JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 68
I don't understand, this?
looks the same as my V3
wanted to confirm corner GPS ribbon cable was not crimped on screw and main lens sensor was still taped with RTC battery not touching the copper shield.
suggest you carefully remove the tape from sensor cable ends then reattach both ends fully into locking connector so it ends up looking like this
(why they still run the speaker wire over the processor area is unknown)
Viofo A119 V3 Dash Cam : https://viofo-a119-v3-dash-camera-review.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
suggest you carefully remove the tape from sensor cable ends then reattach both ends fully into locking connector so it ends up looking like this
OK
Tomorrow I'll check.
Thank.

Savvy dashcam buyers know to wait a few months before purchasing new models, allowing time for kinks, bugs, flaws to be identified and fixed.
Many aren't aware Viofo is about to release another new dashcam model with >stable< 4-clip GPS mount, not the unstable single clip 2016 design. The new A129 Pro has 4K resolution allowing the owner to select 4K or 2K or 1080p and supports optional Rear camera with improved WiFi control. Hopefully the extended Alpha testing phase currently underway solves the brightness issue most 4K sensors have in lower light conditions. I know exactly which offset code to MOD first. The A119/P/S V2 model days are numbered, all Hail the A129 (y)

Any idea when the A129 Pro will be out? I did see the bulk order listing on Viofo's website: https://viofo.manufacturer.globalso...5/pdtl/Dash-camera/1166620505/4k-dash-cam.htm

Is there a summary of the advanced parking mode issue?

Sent an email to VIOFO Australia for when A119 V3 will be available in Australia and RRP

Reply - 2 weeks and AU$179
Sounds about right...mine are due next Thusrday..all going well with customs....

Already a system.
good to see V3 isn't dead.
did reconnecting the sensor ribbon cable revive V3 ? or was copper shield shorting out on RTC battery ? or was thin yellow GPS cable the cause ?

V3 startup looks slow in vehicle when powered using custom AV out cable.
repeat vehicle startup using standard miniUSB cable to socket adapter.
on workbench power drain doesn't look normal.

did reconnecting the sensor ribbon cable revive V3 ? or was copper shield shorting out on RTC battery ? or was thin yellow GPS cable the cause ?

V3 startup looks slow in vehicle when powered using custom AV out cable.
on workbench power drain doesn't look normal.
I haven't checked yet

This I slowed down the movie for clarity.
Five seconds and V3 in work.

Exactly

Last edited:
I looked installation, everything is OK there.
I am inclined to believe that the firmware is to blame, why there is never any problem connecting to the USB?

If you enable the 265 codec, 4K resolution appears in the menu
3840x2160_24fps

The truth works terribly, the movie is jerking and the numbers are crawling on each other.

The 4K option is a known problem. Why Viofo do not say it is 4K.

I looked installation, everything is OK there.
I am inclined to believe that the firmware is to blame, why there is never any problem connecting to the USB?
If you enable the 265 codec, 4K resolution appears in the menu
3840x2160_24fps
The truth works terribly, the movie is jerking and the numbers are crawling on each other.
Does the V3 GPS mount cause random startup issues when power cable is connected to mount ?
What happens when running A119 V3 with GPS Menu setting disabled ? works normally ?

What happens when running A119 V3 with GPS Menu setting disabled ? works normally ?
So I showed in the film, at home without GPS
The result is the same and does not depend on the method of connection !!

why there is never any problem connecting to the USB?

P. S.
BCHobbyist!!
Badly understood, do you mean GPS in the menu or hardware?

Last edited:
So I showed in the film, at home without GPS
The result is the same and does not depend on the method of connection !!
why there is never any problem connecting to the USB?
P. S. BCHobbyist!!
Badly understood, do you mean GPS in the menu or hardware?
since the V3 has new GPS chip more testing is needed.
you confirmed power connection to GPS mount and side connector make no difference, but what happens when turn OFF GPS in Menu Settings firmware ?

Back