VIOFO A119 V3

I have no idea what mount the A119 v3 uses, but Viofo recently changed the mount for the A129. This was done to accommodate the 3 wire hw3 kit. Formerly, you could not use the wire port in the mount with the hw3 kit... now you can.
The old and new A129 mounts are exactly the same physical shape. The A119 series mounts are completely different.

I would think it is highly unlikely. If the V3 mounting method was going to change it would have made sense to do it at launch. Plus the cost of making new tooling and confusion adding another variable to the A119 range.

My mistook :)

If you go back to post #342, that 4 pin statement was indeed for the 129.

I must have been speed reading and being in the V3 thread ........

I just saw some negative feedback on the new generic adhesives - failure from a user in Malaysia even when they followed best practices when applying the mount. First comment I've seen. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

1568433207541.png

Last edited:
One person in thousands has a problem, I do not consider it a problem. There is always going to be at least a few problems in a thousand with any product selling in quantity. Which many are customer fault and are not truly related to product. Even big world wide brands have at least 1 - 5% failure rate and some even higher.
Sticking the mount to the windscreen is relatively simple. The only problem I have had with the Viofo adhesive pads is when I need to remove them.
Climate as has a lot to do with the problem and making sure there are no air pockets in the pad before fitting mount to screen by pressing hard to ensure maximum adhesion before attaching to screen.
If there is any air trapped between the mount / screen in hotter climates it is likely to expand and ease the mount of the device off the screen.

I've started to discover an issue i'm facing with mines.
I've a diesel car so mines is set to a delay before powering on (i give it a few seconds for the glow plugs to heat the engine before starting it)
50% of the time when the car starts the camera powers up as it should and starts recording
But sometimes when i start the car, it doesn't power up.
There doesn't appear to be any reason from what i can see what is causing this.

Can you increase the delay

Mine's on 5 secs, and I've got mine on Ign Pos 2 to further slightly delay power as I tend to wait a second or 2 from Ign Pos 1 to 2 to starter motor

It's on 5 seconds just now. When i turn on the ignition, i see the power light illuminate as it's about to start it's boot up but sometimes when i start the car the light goes over for 1 second whilst the engine turns over, then comes back on and the cam boots up and sometimes it doesn't
I'm using the HK3 adaptor wired up correctly as well.

I'll try and set the delay to 10 seconds.

@viofo can you please help explain for all? @OCD Tronic Canada reconfirmed the A119 V3 test, latest firmware.

Does @viofo have a presence on this forum??? It's been over a week since their North American distributor @OCD Tronic attempted to get them to explain why G-sensor triggered Parking mode files are overwritten in the Movie directory and they have not answered. I'm wondering if this topic is getting lost in this thread and perhaps needs it's own thread.

Need @viofo to acknowledge this design defect and then address what can be done to fix it and when they plan to do so.

As it is now Buffered parking mode triggered events are stored into the same directory the overwrite routine is ran against.

Although it appears they prioritize overwriting Normal video recordings prior to Parking video this results in:

1. Loss of Buffered Parking mode triggered events due to overwrite.
2. Shorter duration and retention of normal videos on the SD due to retaining Parking mode file space.

Is it ok to get today v3 with 29 june build date?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

I just ordered the V3 that i am gonna use on my front windshield. But my question is.
I own also A119S and A119PRO (S was used for front recording and PRO for rear)- which one do you recommend to keep for my rear recording?
I truly don't know which one should i keep and which one should i sell, lol. Thx

Do you have a tinted rear window?
Yes buddy, i have a privacy rear window. With my PRO that i used for rear i have not got any issues with it and the picture was still colorful.

НI,what is this option?

Attachments

• _20190920_082139.JPG
    _20190920_082139.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 52
I got a full screen, Russian by default, bitrate 50 for 1440P

Attachments

• 119V3.jpg
    119V3.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 49.jpg
    49.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 43
I've started to discover an issue i'm facing with mines.
I've a diesel car so mines is set to a delay before powering on (i give it a few seconds for the glow plugs to heat the engine before starting it)
50% of the time when the car starts the camera powers up as it should and starts recording
But sometimes when i start the car, it doesn't power up.
There doesn't appear to be any reason from what i can see what is causing this.

So i set the delay to 10 seconds and same issue sometimes
I turn on the ignition and the REC button lights up. If i leave the ignition on, after approx 10 seconds the camera boots up
But if i turn on the ignition, and the REC button lights up about 50% of the time when i start it, when i turn the engine over the light goes out on the REC button and the camera fails to boot.

Not sure on the cause or method to resolve it. Maybe battery voltage is too low?

Not sure on the cause or method to resolve it. Maybe battery voltage is too low?
If you have it plugged into the accessory socket, then probably the socket turns off while cranking the engine.
The best solution is to hardwire the camera into the ignition power so that it doesn't turn off while cranking.

Ignition pos 2, not 1

Back