VIOFO A119 V3

So the latest Firmware V1.03 has some bad stuff?
Viofo haters will say that have some bad stuff. They will conceive something.
I've tried both 1080 and 1440 and 1440 definitely has the edge.

60fps has it's advantages, typically freeze frame viewing, but for motion viewing 1440 it is.
1440p 60fps is possible in a future firmware.

enjoy,
Mtz

Viofo haters will say that have some bad stuff. They will conceive something.
1440p 60fps is possible in a future firmware. enjoy,Mtz

Mtz I'm not a Viofo hater. LOL I now own two VIOFO DashCams.
Simple just asked a question about the firmware if it was any concern.
Have a great day.

Reactions: Mtz
Some times a updated firmware can introduce other problems or make a previous fixed problem reoccur, some times really bad ones, but i cant say i can recall viofo releasing a down right garbage firmware.
Good thing is with most dashcams you can always step back to a older firmware, if you don't like something about a new one.

Mtz I'm not a Viofo hater. LOL I now own two VIOFO DashCams.
Simple just asked a question about the firmware if it was any concern.
Have a great day.
Yes, I know, but they are somewhere here in the dark. ;)

enjoy,
Mtz

I am not happy with this combo of CLP filter and full sunny day , did anyone of you used A119V3 without CLP on full sunny day , can you please share results / video/ review / your opinion TIA

I am not happy with this combo of CLP filter and full sunny day , did anyone of you used A119V3 without CLP on full sunny day , can you please share results / video/ review / your opinion TIA

There is little to no reflection on your windscreen - I'd say the CPL is doing a near perfect job.

There is little to no reflection on your windscreen - I'd say the CPL is doing a near perfect job.
Thanks Sir this video is not bad, let me show you another one in which sun is directly on camera and whole video kinda got darked or is it normal if sun is directly on camera ? , CPL is untouched in both videos

and how true is this video as i did not did all this juggling before installing , nighter it is i instruction manual :rolleyes:

Thanks Sir this video is not bad, let me show you another one in which sun is directly on camera and whole video kinda got darked or is it normal if sun is directly on camera ? , CPL is untouched in both videos

That's an exposure issue due to the brightness of all the snow in the scene. The camera is simply trying to compensate for the brightness so it is under-exposing for the scene to preserve detail in the snow in bright sun. It has nothing to do with the CPL.

That's an exposure issue due to the brightness of all the snow in the scene. The camera is simply trying to compensate for the brightness so it is under-exposing for the scene to preserve detail in the snow in bright sun. It has nothing to do with the CPL.
Humm ok make sense , I was also comparing with my other dash cam F750 Thinkware , in same kind of snow and brightness below video seems more sharp and true

Humm ok make sense , I was also comparing with my other dash cam F750 Thinkware , in same kind of snow and brightness below video seems more sharp and true

The image may look more "sharp and true", and there are a variety of possible different reasons that may be the case but none of them have anything to do with the CPL. While a dash cam CPL can in some cases make an image appear more saturated it's primary function is to eliminate reflections from your windshield and it appears to be doing a fine job of that.

The image may look more "sharp and true", and there are a variety of possible different reasons that may be the case but none of them have anything to do with the CPL. While a dash cam CPL can in some cases make an image appear more saturated it's primary function is to eliminate reflections from your windshield and it appears to be doing a fine job of that.

Thanks for the valuable feedback , really appreciated , ( what setting on camera you are using )I noticed once sun is on my back its best kind and perfect regarding sharpness / brightness / trueness . now onwards I will be CPL FREE doing some experiments once SOE is lifted in my city

More often than not (with certain exceptions) I use the default exposure settings on my dash cams. But what works for me in my circumstances may not work for you in yours. The best thing to do is experiment and see what works best for you. If you want to brighten up the scene try increasing the exposure one "click" on the menu and see what results you get. You can always change the settings back to the defaults or try further experimentation.

Actually, rather than do that, for now I would suggest tilting the lens downwards one click so that you have less sky and more of your hood in the image. That alone may resolve your issue with a darker looking image than you prefer in these snowy conditions because having more of the darker hood on your vehicle within the FOV will force the camera to compensate by automatically increasing the exposure slightly. The general rule of thumb with dash cams is 60/40, in other words 40% sky above the horizon and 60% below the horizon (or vice versa if that works best for you). Depending on your vehicle (hood length/color) or usual driving conditions (tree lined roads vs open highway) even 50/50 may be optimal. Too much sky is always problematic.

I happen to live in a snowy climate too (Vermont), although we rarely, if ever get THAT much snow I know what it is like to drive around in crazy bright sunny conditions after a big snow storm and it can be a challenge for many dash cams. Keep in mind that these extreme bright exposure conditions you are currently driving in won't always be manifesting. Still, I think your camera is doing a remarkable job with exposure in such bright white surroundings. Many other dash cams on the market struggle under similar circumstances and the snow would be all blown out with no detail at all.

Last edited:
More often than not (with certain exceptions) I use the default exposure settings on my dash cams. But what works for me in my circumstances may not work for you in yours. The best thing to do is experiment and see what works best for you. If you want to brighten up the scene try increasing the exposure one "click" on the menu and see what results you get. You can always change the settings back to the defaults or try further experimentation.

Actually, rather than do that, for now I would suggest tilting the lens downwards one click so that you have less sky and more of your hood in the image. That alone may resolve your issue with a darker looking image than you prefer in these snowy conditions because having more of the darker hood on your vehicle within the FOV will force the camera to compensate by automatically increasing the exposure slightly. The general rule of thumb with dash cams is 60/40, in other words 60% sky above the horizon and 40% below the horizon (or vice versa if that works best for you). Depending on your vehicle (hood length/color) or usual driving conditions (tree lined roads vs open highway) even 50/50 may be optimal. Too much sky is always problematic.

I happen to live in a snowy climate too (Vermont), although we rarely, if ever get THAT much snow I know what it is like to drive around in crazy bright sunny conditions after a big snow storm and it can be a challenge for many dash cams. Keep in mind that these extreme bright exposure conditions you are currently driving in won't always be manifesting. Still, I think your camera is doing a remarkable job with exposure in such bright white surroundings. Many other dash cams on the market struggle under similar circumstances and the snow would be all blown out with no detail at all.
Million thanks , these are frameable comments and feedback , I really appreciated, sure I will follow your lead and do some more experiments I just drove a bit without CPL but full cloudy, will share once dowloaded

Happy with non CPL result & 60 FPS setting , even the camera itself tackling direct sunlight pretty good and once its not direct sunlight ------------ back to true colors , I don't think so I will use CPL again.

Another non CPL video from Newfoundland, Canada
#NLbeauty

Reactions: gse
Back