VIOFO A119 V3

Yes, I looked through the contents of the entire card. Unfortunately those files have been deleted or overwritten. For example, I am sending the images where the file does not exist when I press the lock button.
1fa748c486388d37e14f4323038d5aeb.jpg
acfd34dbdc4be3a68f3256c84fdcdad9.jpg
2f8c17a2462f91435cf5d88ed4a80c4a.jpg
df51dfd3fde48247c307502c27d9c294.jpg
Something that seems very strange is Viofo has not replied to this thread; yet it's clear that Viofo spends time here on this forum.

Have you inquired with Viofo directly (submitted a ticket to them); if so, what have they said to you?

Something that seems very strange is Viofo has not replied to this thread; yet it's clear that Viofo spends time here on this forum.

Have you inquired with Viofo directly (submitted a ticket to them); if so, what have they said to you?
No, I haven't contacted viofo yet. I thought I'd find a quick fix on the forum. By the way, I think this is a known issue and no solution has been found by viofo yet. It seems to be caused by the parking mode setting.

No, I haven't contacted viofo yet. I thought I'd find a quick fix on the forum. By the way, I think this is a known issue and no solution has been found by viofo yet. It seems to be caused by the parking mode setting.

You are correct that files which are designated to be saved should not be written over with other files.

I think you ought to at least submit a support ticket to Viofo. They may indeed have no solution for you and request that you wait for a future firmware upgrade.

It's clear that Viofo has chosen for the time being to stay clear of this thread. Luckily there are guys like @CaptureYourAction and @Kremmen who are available and always try to provide solutions to Viofo problems.

If you submit a support ticket to Viofo, you could then share with everyone else who's interested in this issue what Viofo is offering as a solution. - I'm guessing it will probably take 48-72 hours to get a reply back from Viofo. - Good luck!

I am using the customized firmware setup mentioned here. Unfortunately, the files that I locked by pressing the lock button are deleted.

He is using customised software.

I don't think it's strange that Viofo hasn't got involved as it's not their firmware he is using.
Putting in a ticket I'd expect the first thing they'll ask him to do is put the latest version of firmware from Viofo in it and format the card then redo the tests.

Viofo will need a base configuration they know works. If it works then I'd ask the 3rd party programmer to have a look.

I have a A119V3 in service so I'll check it and come back. It is using Viofo released firmware.

I commented on that Reddit post when that user first posted it. As I said in that post, it's been my understanding that the RO folder will loop, but not in sync with the regular files. As the RO folder fills with locked files, it will start to erase older locked files to make room for the new ones. Not sure exactly what the percentage of the card is dedicated to locked files, but my guess is around 30%. If I have some time in the next few days, I'll run some tests.

As LateralNW said, customized firmware could be the cause. The Reddit poster does not say whether they are using stock firmware or not.

You've mentioned that you are using the V.2.6T firmware.
He is using customised software.

I don't think it's strange that Viofo hasn't got involved as it's not their firmware he is using.
Putting in a ticket I'd expect the first thing they'll ask him to do is put the latest version of firmware from Viofo in it and format the card then redo the tests.

Viofo will need a base configuration they know works. If it works then I'd ask the 3rd party programmer to have a look.

I have a A119V3 in service so I'll check it and come back. It is using Viofo released firmware.

Was thinking the same thing.

Thank you for the recommendations. I'll try the same conditions with stock fw and write again in a few days.

My view is that if something happens that I want to save I wouldn't give the card time to overwrite if possible.

A 128Gb card should give about 10 to 11 hours recording. If you're not in a position to offload then have some standby cards.

I'm not sure if a 256Gb card works in a V3 to give 20 hours ?

My view is that if something happens that I want to save I wouldn't give the card time to overwrite if possible.

A 128Gb card should give about 10 to 11 hours recording. If you're not in a position to offload then have some standby cards.

I'm not sure if a 256Gb card works in a V3 to give 20 hours ?
I am using 128gb card. What's really weird about me is overwriting/deleting the locked file while the normal files haven't been overwritten yet. In other words, if there was a file protected against deletion with the g-sensor at the time of the accident, I think it could have been deleted before normal files.

My tip, is to turn off all this sensor stuff and just record each file consecutively. All in the same place and date/time marked by the filename.

In my 3 years of V3 ownership I've never had any missed footage, and, if I do need to find something it's quite easy as it's in chronological order.

My tip, is to turn off all this sensor stuff and just record each file consecutively. All in the same place and date/time marked by the filename.
I also have all sensors disabled.
But perhaps the person himself blocked these files by pressing the button with a triangle. So he needed them in the future, and they left.

I use the forced lock button on the T130, as there are many video files plus from the parking lot. And if you do not block the video taken early in the morning, then late in the evening, and even more so the next day, it may no longer be found on the memory card.

Last edited:
Hi again,

I also tried with the official firmware (v2.5), unfortunately the camera overwrites the "read only" files. Maybe it's due to the automatic parking mode, maybe it's seen as a normal situation for them, but I think it's a must to have a look at the read-only definition of Viofo. I don't think it's normal to overwrite files with RO when there are so many non-RO files on the card.

I don't think it's normal to overwrite files with RO when there are so many non-RO files on the card.
It is normal to rewrite the RO videos when the space allocated to emergency videos is full.
RO files are emergency videos and I don't think somebody is in emergency situations for days or weeks. When you have an emergency the camera will save the video of that emergency and when you are in a safe place you will save that video. If passed 1-2-3 days or 1-2-3 weeks after the emergency and video was not back up is only users fault.
Some people are pressing the emergency button just to save some interesting situations even they are not involved directly.
In my opinion the RO folder should accept only up to 4-5 videos.

It is normal to rewrite the RO videos when the space allocated to emergency videos is full.
RO files are emergency videos and I don't think somebody is in emergency situations for days or weeks. When you have an emergency the camera will save the video of that emergency and when you are in a safe place you will save that video. If passed 1-2-3 days or 1-2-3 weeks after the emergency and video was not back up is only users fault.
Some people are pressing the emergency button just to save some interesting situations even they are not involved directly.
In my opinion the RO folder should accept only up to 4-5 videos.
But when there is no such situation, it is overwritten, 2 of the 3 emergency files were deleted after 2 days. The non-emergency videos from 2 days ago are still there. How can it be normal for emergency files to be deleted when normal files are not?

In addition, if a feature is offered, this feature must be useful, right? How can it be beneficial for the user to delete emergency files when even the files that were recorded at the same time and that I did not press the Emergency button were not deleted?

Except for the file I needed during my 2-day out-of-town trip, I have almost all the videos of my trip. Do you think there is something strange about this?

And as I said, this is the case when the number of files that will be in the RO folder is only 3, so even though I only pressed the emergency button at 3 different times, but 2 videos were deleted, not because there were 3 files, but because 2 days passed, I guess.
3bf8d93e9df4b2ef643dc463f9035191.jpg

1e6cdec111c392d3a71d5fa7a04fec49.jpg

By the way, I sent a ticket to viofo. Let's see if the long time saved thing they say has certain conditions, I hope they explain.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back