VIOFO A119 V3

I tried it. Flickering is not gone when using 60Hz and 60fps. While using 30fps everything is fine. What I really dont understand: why does the flickering and the black stripe only occur at night? During daylight the picture is superb!

My speculation is that it may have something to do with the AGC and the rolling shutter, but unless Viofo fixes the problem and tells us what was wrong we may never know. The AGC (automatic gain control) wouldn't be active in bright light.

I suspect it has more to do with the light bulbs he is filming near. They are either flashing at 50 Hz or something higher. There is an option to select the line frequency in most cameras. Is that set for 50 Hz?.
If he films under a constant light source like the moon, is the flicker still there?
It is very likely a beat frequency between the frame rate and the flickering of the light source.

I can confirm that I'm seeing the same issue at 60fps and in low light conditions.

There is an option to select the line frequency in most cameras. Is that set for 50 Hz?.

Did you bother to watch @vvs49's video? He demonstrates both the 50Hz camera setting and the 60Hz setting and he explains that 50Hz is the cycle frequency in Ukraine.

I doubt that video of the moon would cause a flicker as moonlight is merely reflected sunlight. So far, as far as I know, everyone who has reported this problem has experienced it in low illumination situations under artificial lighting of one kind or another.

In my country, 50 hertz is used.

I've just reviewed my footage from Friday morning, in the dark. No such flashing issues here.

Related settings:

Resolution - 2560x1440P 60fps
Bitrate - High
Loop - 3 minutes
Video - MP4
EV +0.0
HDR - Off
Parking Mode - Off
G Sensor Off
LED On
Frequency 50Hz (UK standard)

CPL fitted

Last edited:
Here is my new firmware, I can't check it at night, I'll try it tomorrow, but from the 5th floor - great !!
Comparison of the firmware of VIOFO and MY
Version A119 V3 V2.0 July 14, 2020
1440P_30FPS_50Mbps
EV=-1/3 HDR ON

Going on vacation with my Jack Daniel's (y) :D

Ukraine electric supply is 240V @ 50Hz
US is 240v/60Hz

(it's just they have a "neutral wire in the middle of the transformer") split 120v/120v

I tried the 50Hz setting it did not change anything

This is a bit of night driving using the FW from Valeri. (Note my windscreen does not help quality)....

Paul, why 1080P?
And is there an original?

Paul, why 1080P?
And is there an original?

No idea why its showing on YT at 1080p - the file says 2560x1440.

I will upload it again and also the RAW file.

RAW File Valeri:

HERE

Uploaded again here:

Should be 1440p when YT finishes conversion but it won't change beyond 1080 for some reason...

Paul.

Last edited:
FWA vvs49

Version A119 V3 V2.0 14 июля 2020 г.
1440P_30FPS_50Mbps
EV = -1 / 3 HDR ON
CPL-ON

2.MP4_snapshot_00.00_[2020.08.28_22.42.59].png Безымянный.jpg

Hi folks, I will be having this little gem fitted in the coming weeks in my car. I have the HK3 kit, and what is the proper way to hardwire to the dashcam? Into the GPS module or directly to the camera? I'm just asking because somewhere I read it doesn't matter (use either GPS or cam) and elsewhere they say I shouldn't connect it to GPS when hardwiring. So what is the consensus here? Thanks.

Mine has always been into the module.

Welcome to the forum.

And by the way, I can too confirm I have been experiencing occasional flickering issues on 2K/60fps with the latest 2.0 firmware during some nighttime testing, when I was playing with the dashcam before installation. Hope this will get fixed in the next firmware.

The earliest A119's had a connection issue in the mount, but that was years ago and anything on the market today will be the revised mount which is reliable whether plugged into mount or the cam.

Phil

Hi everyone. Just got the A119 V3 yesterday. Have a panorama powerucc II/S running in the front. Would appreciate if someone could help me out. I have the V3 hard wired for rear recording. I want it to record automatically when I start driving and then switch to parking mode automatically when I park. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to do this. If I have parking mode enabled, it will do the parking portion fine, but then it won't record continuously when I am actually driving and just seems to record in skipped 45 second increments. Do I need to manually switch modes every time I drive and park??? Thank you.

Plus, if you plug it into the mount you can remove the camera easier (which you'll probably be doing, at first, lol).

Back