Viofo A119s changes

I think its will be a good idea to have some switch on the camera from day to night setting... or software update with automatic switch the camera from day to night ... or day-night sensor...

I think its will be a good idea to have some switch on the camera from day to night setting... or software update with automatic switch the camera from day to night ... or day-night sensor...
it's automatic in software - they call it Auto Exposure, and i don't think you can turn it off. but drive from a bright sunny day into a parking garage or under a bridge or something much darker, and you'll see the picture go almost black for a moment and then steadily brighten itself till it becomes normal again - works almost the same as your eyes adjusting to when you walk from a bright room to a dark one.

Does anyone know how these do with tinted windows? My rear window is tinted (darkest legal here in Australia). Wondering if I bother getting a 2nd one for the back, or just stick to the front only.

Thanks.

Does anyone know how these do with tinted windows? My rear window is tinted (darkest legal here in Australia). Wondering if I bother getting a 2nd one for the back, or just stick to the front only.

Thanks.
Dunno about the S but the regular a119 works fine through the factory privacy glass on the back door of my 2006 Toyota rav4, even at night. I think that's about 35% tint. Dunno what the legal limit is where you are. In Texas, you can legally paint your back window completely opaque if you wanted to, but that's not legal in some other states. Texas' logic is that if you can drive a cargo van which doesn't have a back window then it should be legal for any other vehicle too.

Just got mine from FoxOffer (must say they provide great service!)
I see the firmware is 1.01, its even out? Taught we have only 1.00

Got mine today, 1.01 as well. Didn't get to test mine out yet though.

Any news about an A119S firmware update to correct a few deficiencies. Haven't seen @viofo on this site for the longest time.

Any news about an A119S firmware update to correct a few deficiencies. Haven't seen @viofo on this site for the longest time.
well chinese new year celebrations have already started, and apparently almost the entire country shuts down for almost a week for CNY. so we probably won't be hearing anything from viofo for a bit...

well chinese new year celebrations have already started, and apparently almost the entire country shuts down for almost a week for CNY. so we probably won't be hearing anything from viofo for a bit...

it's a one week holiday that disrupts the entire country for a month, half a billion people transiting from one side of the country to the other and back again is a logistical nightmare, a lot of staff were off a week or so before it started, don't expect everyone to be back to work once the holidays are over either, you should see updates start happening again later next month

Noticed an "issue" with the A119s in the last few days. I've been watching video, and have noticed a few things actually.

1. Green lights appear as light blue. This is off putting.
2. There are some LED signs (i think they're LED-based) here in Australia that show messages - i.e freeway congestion levels. They look fine to the human eye. In video playback, they look like they're scrolling code from The Matrix movie! Any way to fix this?

(FYI, running the unit stock, haven't changed the settings in the menus, running v1.01 of the firmware).

LED lights don't run at 50hz like the power does so will get flicker, it also affects how the colours are represented as well as a lot of the white LED light will be visible to the camera sensor that you can't see yourself

LED lights don't run at 50hz like the power does so will get flicker, it also affects how the colours are represented as well as a lot of the white LED light will be visible to the camera sensor that you can't see yourself
Makes sense as to why I'm seeing LEDs flicker/appear in areas where they clearly weren't "ON" to my naked eyeball. Thanks for the info, Jok! :)

they look like they're scrolling code from The Matrix movie!
This is normal with any camera.
In my country some poor reporter, journalists and guests commented in a TV studio a news about some important public person which mounted special and illegal car taillights on his personal car because they appeared on TV to flicker as „scrolling code from The Matrix movie”. They said that public person can do illegal things and normal people can not mount such „special” car taillights. o_O:D

enjoy,
Mtz

Texas' logic is that if you can drive a cargo van which doesn't have a back window then it should be legal for any other vehicle too.

Same logic here, and i can totally understand that, but it still amaze me as logic dont seem to drive all things here.

BUT ! during a driving test for car, if you just use mirrors when changing lane or doing a parallel parking you will be failed, or at least thats how it was when i took license way back then
Rear window and even rear side or door windows you can black out as much as you like.

This is normal with any camera.
In my country some poor reporter, journalists and guests commented in a TV studio a news about some important public person which mounted special and illegal car taillights on his personal car because they appeared on TV to flicker as „scrolling code from The Matrix movie”. They said that public person can do illegal things and normal people can not mount such „special” car taillights. o_O:D

enjoy,
Mtz

It must not be illegal lights. Even legal lights based on LEDs blink. It's because tail LEDs are powered by PWM source. Blinking we see on videos is a result of aliasing effect: frequency of LED power source interferes with sampling rate of DVR resulting with lower (visible) frequency of blinking

The software for S (1.2) version brought image quality down - there is too much sharpness, the sky is blown up by the brightness. It is total failure compared to the previous version.
Will they fix this?

The software for S (1.2) version brought image quality down - there is too much sharpness, the sky is blown up by the brightness. It is total failure compared to the previous version.
Will they fix this?
I disagree with your unfounded statement. If it was as bad as you claim, this forum would voice their opinions on mass. Personally the latest update has really improved "my A119s" and I am very satisfied with the cam. I always say that this inexpensive cam is still the best value for the money.

Will they fix this?
Perhaps you have the lens angled up too high? Can you post a screen shot or raw video?

Back