Viofo A119s changes

I disagree with your unfounded statement. If it was as bad as you claim, this forum would voice their opinions on mass. Personally the latest update has really improved "my A119s" and I am very satisfied with the cam. I always say that this inexpensive cam is still the best value for the money.
I disagree to your disagree.
New firmware brought sharper image, better colors but sharpness is overkill - it is clearly seen that image is artificially sharpened - on the edges of objects there is "mini" halo effect. Those who edit pictures in applications like Photoshop know what I mean.
The sky is overbrightnened, it looks like you would set aperture open too much, but only a little.
I returned camera to the seller as I didn't accept such quality which couldn't even be compared to the Shadow GT-680W. Everything was destroyed by super artificial sharpness.
I wait for better revision of the camera, which should be sooner than later - new GPS handling included.

New firmware brought sharper image, better colors but sharpness is overkill - it is clearly seen that image is artificially sharpened - on the edges of objects there is "mini" halo effect. Those who edit pictures in applications like Photoshop know what I mean.
The sky is overbrightnened, it looks like you would set aperture open too much, but only a little.
I returned camera to the seller as I didn't accept such quality which couldn't even be compared to the Shadow GT-680W. Everything was destroyed by super artificial sharpness.
I wait for better revision of the camera, which should be sooner than later - new GPS handling included.
I respect your opinion. Did you try another A119S to see if maybe you had a defective cam

I do have to agree about the sharpness... being that I am a pro sports photographer, I am familiar with sharpness. It does seem WAY too sharp, but no setting in the camera can fix it so I was just living with it...

I do have to agree about the sharpness... being that I am a pro sports photographer, I am familiar with sharpness. It does seem WAY too sharp, but no setting in the camera can fix it so I was just living with it...
I am also a pro photographer. I agree with WAY too over sharpened. Very "crunchy" as we say in my neck of the woods. Perhaps a menu setting of incremental sharpening. Also. EV adjustments of 1/3 or .5 would be better than 1 stop at a time. Over saturated colors are overkill also, IMO
CRS

New comparison with last firmwares. Original files in description.

New comparison with last firmwares. Original files in description.

Being a Pro Photographer what expose do you like on the A119S?
Any other adjustments you like would be greatly appreciated.

IQ will be optimized in new firmware, especially for over sharping.

Back