Gentlemen, what can be the reason I start the camera, do not record it myself, I can not enter the menu or start recording - as I press REC is a diode and nothing happens - only helps reset to the settings of the paint, helps a little because then again same, card formatted but it does not give, I have a modified software: MOD-6Vh. The new Samsung 32GB microSDHC Evo Plus card, camera: Viofo A119S

I did not try any other card or software, I bought a webcam and I immediately uploaded this mod soft.

Gentlemen, what can be the reason I start the camera, do not record it myself, I can not enter the menu or start recording - as I press REC is a diode and nothing happens - only helps reset to the settings of the paint, helps a little because then again same, card formatted but it does not give, I have a modified software: MOD-6Vh. The new Samsung 32GB microSDHC Evo Plus card, camera: Viofo A119S
Power the A119S from side port not GPS module during test using smartphone adpater or power bank or vehicle, not from computer USB port, then from Menu select to Format the memory card when its done exit Menu then unplug power cable and wait 60 seconds then reconnect and see if it starts recording normally. If that fails use a different Memory card. Modified Firmware will not cause your issue.

Power the A119S from side port not GPS module during test using smartphone adpater or power bank or vehicle, not from computer USB port, then from Menu select to Format the memory card when its done exit Menu then unplug power cable and wait 60 seconds then reconnect and see if it starts recording normally. If that fails use a different Memory card. Modified Firmware will not cause your issue.

thank you, for now it's ok, I hope it will be like that :)

VIOFO A119S Firmware Requests for next official version hopefully March 2019

Bitrate changed from Normal / High ==> Normal 20Mb/s + Medium 24Mb/s + High 26Mb/s (use same levels on 1080P 60fps and 30fps)
Sharpness changed from Strong / Normal / Soft ==> Stronger 5 + Strong 4 + Normal 3 + Soft 2 + Softer 1
Add Color Saturation option ==> Neutral + More + Vivid
Add Beep Volume ==> Low + Medium + High

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but have been an avid dashcam lover for a long time. I purchased the A119S mainly for the large aftermarket support community. I originally had the Thinkware F200 but found the quality to be subpar.

I'm really excited to be trying out all these mods because the OEM firmware quality has already made me quite happy and I hear nothing but great things about these mods. Should I be testing out MOD-6Vh, MOD-6Vj, or MOD-26S first?

My Camera is marked A119SV2 on the serial so I assume it's Version 2. Is there a way to validate the lens/focus without opening up the camera?

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but have been an avid dashcam lover for a long time. I purchased the A119S mainly for the large aftermarket support community. I originally had the Thinkware F200 but found the quality to be subpar.

I'm really excited to be trying out all these mods because the OEM firmware quality has already made me quite happy and I hear nothing but great things about these mods. Should I be testing out MOD-6Vh, MOD-6Vj, or MOD-26S first?

My Camera is marked A119SV2 on the serial so I assume it's Version 2. Is there a way to validate the lens/focus without opening up the camera?
Welcome to the Forum,
compare your outer Lens ring to this photo to determine the Lens type. If narrow FOV use MOD-6Vh., always record weeks worth of stock firmware footage for your own comparisons and verify your Lens is focused correctly.
Fun times ahead check this thread often,

BCHobbyist requests your help for Special Compilation Video Project, need the following clips :
  • 1-2min Footage parked facing end of Airport runaway showing a big jet plane landing.
  • 10-30sec Footage of the worst pot-hole Rough Roads, flooded, muddy, deep snow.
  • 10-30sec Footage of driving around Traffic Circle 2x with interesting background.
  • 1-5min Footage driving mountain road with unobstructed view of cliff side.
  • 10-60sec Footage driving boxed in with big Trucks in front and both sides.
  • 10-30sec Footage driving at sunset on horizon most scenic possible.
  • 1-5min Footage of automatic Car Wash cycle.

Asking your authorization for use with your Forum name used in credits include name of City + Country + FW ver.
Must have best clear sharp image quality. No audio will be used if voices were recorded.
Send link to clips either here in thread or click my Avatar for private chat.

Appreciate the warm welcome!

Silly question, the inner lens looks to be like Lens 1, but I think the outer ring looks like Lens 2.
Assuming this is Lens 1 = Narrow FoV.

Silly question, the inner lens looks to be like Lens 1, but I think the outer ring looks like Lens 2.

View attachment 44836

It's Lens 1. Narrow FOV (I don't notice it). Less fisheye effect (this one I notice). In my case better focused then Lens 2 which I also own.

Excellent! Thanks for the quick reply!
Yeah I've seen the fisheye effect on some youtube videos - quite noticeable!

View attachment 44836
Not sure when or where you purchased your A119S but your Lens is the original uncoated F1.6 from 2016 and was known to have off-center Lens Base causing "blurry on the left" issue. To verify Lens focus park vehicle facing other cars in bright lot or 100m back from brick/textured wall/building. From recorded video on computer screenshot best single frame and post here. That Lens was discontinued long ago.
You can get a close up my original which I kept as evidence.

Wow... I wasn't even aware! I was wondering why I didn't see the green coating.
I got it from a local www.blackboxmycar.ca here in Richmond, BC last year. Should I bring it back for an exchange?

Just wondering my serial number says V2. When did the version 2 of the A119S get released? I thought the original A119S got released in Dec 2016.

Here are some screenshots. I got an error saying the photo upload was too large, so uploaded them to here. Pictures 1 & 2
If not good, I have some more footage.

Appreciate your input and help :)

Wow... I wasn't even aware! I was wondering why I didn't see the green coating.
I got it from a local www.blackboxmycar.ca here in Richmond, BC last year. Should I bring it back for an exchange?

Just wondering my serial number says V2. When did the version 2 of the A119S get released? I thought the original A119S got released in Dec 2016.

Here are some screenshots. I got an error saying the photo upload was too large, so uploaded them to here. Pictures 1 & 2
If not good, I have some more footage.

Appreciate your input and help :)
Believe me when I say I know all about their initial inventory batch of A119S cameras. , your samples are too compressed read PM. It's just possibly you have a correctly focused original Lens. They were in fact the brightest of all but extremely easy to scratch as I witness in their old office location. We'll assess the image quality and decide if you exchange it, they kind of know me there, since that's where I originally bought mine. Their new location includes a drive through full service installation bay for the Lambos & Mclaren supercar market, my car was immediately towed away.

Taking a Survey on MicroSD Cards used without issues in A119S.
64GB Samsung EVO Plus C10 U3
128GB Samsung EVO Plus C10 U3
64GB Samsung EVO C10 U1
64GB Lexar High Endurance
64GB SanDisk Ultra A1 XC I
128GB SanDisk Ultra A1

Last edited:
Back