It's not about assembling the module, but the constructive size of the holder and fixing it on the board, the internal thread pitch of 12 + 05 mm and the mounting centers on the board 19 mm. It should be identical!
the sizes will be the same to suit the sensor, thread pitch on these lenses is standard also, that's normal, it is about the assembly though, I had to have the lens base made to suit our lens, there wasn't an off the shelf option, I had to pay to have one tooled to suit the application by our lens supplier

I had to have the lens base made to suit our lens
Good!
I feel we have a misunderstanding because of the translator.
The main thing at the moment there is no problem with focus!
If there is a problem, the community is trying to find a solution and help the manufacturer solve the problems and improve their product!

Good!
I feel we have a misunderstanding because of the translator.
The main thing at the moment there is no problem with focus!
If there is a problem, the community is trying to find a solution and help the manufacturer solve the problems and improve their product!
I think they did update the lens holder, they had some problem from the early production that used the plastic lens base, I don't know how long they used those for

I think they did update the lens holder, they had some problem from the early production that used the plastic lens base, I don't know how long they used those for
Yes, they were updated from the end of 2017, it pleases that the support was heard by the user.

I have to try worm refocusing by myself for both a119S

DOES someone know WHAT IS THE BEST DISTANCE to focus on (5m, 10m; 20m? for example)?

@VIOFO-Support does not assume the fact of their bad lenses/plastic holders, and that they have resent to me the same BAD one. Nice to try but no result.

Even more funny is that they "offer" me FULL 15% discount (on their internet site, on the public prices, so to add taxes, customs on top of that) for n°2 119V3 (or 129 pro duo)
it's crazy, as here on amazon.fr, the prices are lower (they know it of course), and there is no risk for taxes/customs as delivered from EU stocks.
But next time it will not be Viofo for me!

As all three lenses I have are bad plastic ones, i'll loose nothing in trying at least with refocusing of at least one for worm state.

And probably stay conservative, 30fps, assuming no high temperatures all over the year.

Now I'm testing, moving 0.5mm left wise and it seems that it will be slightly better in worm state (the cold becomes soft/bad), but also the edge becomes bad.
So not easy to have the good focus for both, center and edge in worm state.
in cold it is possible to have center and edge in good focus.
in work I have to choose, center OR edge!
hmm really the mess. if I'm lucky I'll find some kind of focus compromise.

and no shame for @viofo, they think that they are just right...if I have only one of three bad lenses, OK can happen, but 3 of 3, is really bad for them, and they don't assume.
this is the reason why they have bad reviews, at least at amazon.fr (plus today they have got the new one from me); but I didn't look on that when buying, thinking that people are exaggerating.good lesson.
cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: gse
Hi and thanks for modded firmware.
I've flashed 4.0 original version, reset to default, then latest 4.03 MOD-2Vk for A119s, reset to default.
I've tried Bitrate Normal and High setting - there were no difference, like 22.4 and 22.5 Mbps according to Media Info tool. Is it intended behavior and bitrtate setting does nothing?

Last edited:
I've had A119S.403-4Vk+24.6Mbs for a little over a year, with no hiccups until a few days ago. I parked the car, and everything was normal until then. When I started it up about an hour later (no parking mode; camera is unpowered when the car is not running), several settings had changed:
Loop recording: 1min -> 3min
GPS: on -> off
Camera info stamp: disabled -> enabled
Car number: cleared
Time zone: cleared

Has anyone else had this happen?

EDIT:
Only now realized that it has also gone from 60fps to 30fps.

Last edited:
ha! I have this same problem.
Sometimes in my camera (A119 v3) has changes bitrate ( high to medium), beep sound etc
I changed GPS module, software ( modified and original), power method - power plug in GPS module or camera unit .
No changes - still problem with resetting parameters.
I took the camera in home and plugged in power bank. Recording for three days, non stop. Everything OK, no resetting, no changes.
Power supply ?

I've had the camera for 3.5 years, of which I've had this firmware for 1 year. The issue has only occurred once for me, and it was at startup rather than while already recording. The power supply has been the same Nextbase hardwire kit all this time, too.

However, the camera+powersource has been in three different cars (Jaguar, Lexus, Audi) over this time. I've only had the current one (Audi) for about 4 months, and it's the first among them that has a traditional ignition key. At first I'd just turn the key all the way to start the car, but I noticed the camera would sometimes fail to start. I figured it had to do with the capacitator not having the time to build up sufficient charge to survive the voltage drop of cranking the engine, so I've since waited maybe 3-5 seconds between ignition and actually starting the engine. It has started up just fine since I started doing that. Maybe I should play around with the boot delay option, and increase the delay...?

Edit:
The issue occurred on a normal, "manually delayed" startup procedure, and the camera did indeed boot up and start recording as usual, just with a few settings changed.

Looking at screenshots right before & after, I think the sharpness setting may have been changed as well. It's now "normal", not sure what I'd set it to before.

Last edited:
Long time without posting here. Just a few words for the record.

I'm using A119S for about 2 years and 2 months without any problem. Some memory card issue at the begining because i was using an no name memory card. Switch to an 128 Sandisk A1 Ultra and works flawlessly since than.

2 years and about 180 000 km/112 000 miles.
1 year and almost a half with BCHobbyist modified firmware with no problems. Again, awesome job, man!!!
About 1 year with a cheap power bank from Ravpower but with pass through charging. Some people said that it will burn. Well, it's still working perfectly.
Maybe i am just lucky! :D

Now, i want a duo fit for my personal car because i just find it with some scratches from another car.
Can some more experienced members advise me?
A129 duo, 2 x A119 v3, A129 pro?

I must say i've checked A129 pro and i'm kind of dissapointed. The hardware can be seriously tweaked with future software or is somehow limited? Accept pm's to :p
Thank you!
Howdy :cool:

If you haven't already, get the A129 1080p resolution model, the 4K Pro is too grainy in low light at night. I keep my A129 Duo as one of my Daily Driver cams, never fails.

Hello, new to the forum: What are the benefits to the modified 6Vk firmware vs Viofo's latest V4.0 firmware?
official VIOFO firmware is only 16Mbps Bitrate --- MODs are 22 - 26Mbps Bitrate for maximum image detail quality not to mention the Sharpness enhancement.

Last edited:
I have to try worm refocusing by myself for both a119S

DOES someone know WHAT IS THE BEST DISTANCE to focus on (5m, 10m; 20m? for example)?

@VIOFO-Support does not assume the fact of their bad lenses/plastic holders, and that they have resent to me the same BAD one. Nice to try but no result.

Even more funny is that they "offer" me FULL 15% discount (on their internet site, on the public prices, so to add taxes, customs on top of that) for n°2 119V3 (or 129 pro duo)
it's crazy, as here on amazon.fr, the prices are lower (they know it of course), and there is no risk for taxes/customs as delivered from EU stocks.
But next time it will not be Viofo for me!

As all three lenses I have are bad plastic ones, i'll loose nothing in trying at least with refocusing of at least one for worm state.

And probably stay conservative, 30fps, assuming no high temperatures all over the year.

Now I'm testing, moving 0.5mm left wise and it seems that it will be slightly better in worm state (the cold becomes soft/bad), but also the edge becomes bad.
So not easy to have the good focus for both, center and edge in worm state.
in cold it is possible to have center and edge in good focus.
in work I have to choose, center OR edge!
hmm really the mess. if I'm lucky I'll find some kind of focus compromise.

and no shame for @viofo, they think that they are just right...if I have only one of three bad lenses, OK can happen, but 3 of 3, is really bad for them, and they don't assume.
this is the reason why they have bad reviews, at least at amazon.fr (plus today they have got the new one from me); but I didn't look on that when buying, thinking that people are exaggerating.good lesson.
cheers
actually all my re-focused Lens especially the perfect one in my A129 1080p cam have both center and edge in perfect focus. Its not easy to get the balance of focus and metal base centered and screws tightened so it stays in focus. I always focus out the window (no glass) on distant buildings with firmware sharpness at medium- NOT using official over sharpened firmware. I haven't had to make any further adjustments since June 2018 and it remains my Daily Driver.

Hi and thanks for modded firmware.
I've flashed 4.0 original version, reset to default, then latest 4.03 MOD-2Vk for A119s, reset to default.
I've tried Bitrate Normal and High setting - there were no difference, like 22.4 and 22.5 Mbps according to Media Info tool. Is it intended behavior and bitrtate setting does nothing?
The MODs lock the Bitrate to number in file name MOD-2Vk is 22Mbps regardless of Menu settings. It was the easiest way to change the firmware tables. Just pick the Bitrate you want and flash the binary file.

I've had A119S.403-4Vk+24.6Mbs for a little over a year, with no hiccups until a few days ago. I parked the car, and everything was normal until then. When I started it up about an hour later (no parking mode; camera is unpowered when the car is not running), several settings had changed:
Loop recording: 1min -> 3min
GPS: on -> off
Camera info stamp: disabled -> enabled
Car number: cleared
Time zone: cleared

Has anyone else had this happen?

EDIT:
Only now realized that it has also gone from 60fps to 30fps.
If the Time and setting are lost everyday the RTC time clock battery is no longer charging and must be replaced. Test battery by powering indoors from 5 volt phone charger for 4 hours then set time to current and disconnect for 1 min. Reconnect and check time...

Howdy :cool:

If you haven't already, get the A129 1080p resolution model, the 4K Pro is too grainy in low light at night. I keep my A129 Duo as one of my Daily Driver cams, never fails.

I have the T130 2 channel version for about 1 or 2 months. The 119S still working and it's on the back of my car.
That T130 form factor was love at the first sight for me.

I have the T130 2 channel version for about 1 or 2 months. The 119S still working and it's on the back of my car.
That T130 form factor was love at the first sight for me.
lucky you, I still have the old A139 2K with slim coaxial cables...

lucky you, I still have the old A139 2K with slim coaxial cables...
Good to see you here again (y) IMHO you're not missing much, the A139 seems to be better than the T130 to me in many ways.

Phil

Good to see you here again (y) IMHO you're not missing much, the A139 seems to be better than the T130 to me in many ways.

Phil
which 3-camera model is heavier?
which one has larger windshield mount surface contact?

Good questions. I don't know the weights. As for pad mounting area I think they're similar, but the weight of the T130 is off to one side in relation to the mount pad where it's more centered with the A139. I think that offset leverage is part of the mounting problems some T130 users have had and it's part of my dislikes about the design. That same design flaw has also been seen causing problems in the cam mounting ring on the cam itself. Viofo was going to do something for better pads last I heard- I've been a bit AWOL here lately myself.

Phil

which 3-camera model is heavier?
T130 has 2 cameras in one body, because of this it is heavier than A139 and weighs 143 g. with a windshield mount, with a 64GB Viofo card and a CPL filter. This is the weight without the third chamber.

Last edited:
Back