A129 DUO IR vs. A119S side by side. The A119S mod Fw is impressive. It has better image than A129.

A119S FW MOD-6Vk
A129 Duo IR FW 1.8 (wrong firmware installed)

Last edited:
New guy here, after reading a bit, does the A119S 1080p dashcam have buffered parking or not. I read some where there is a update you can Dow load etc. Please get my head back on straight. I like this camera but I need buffered parking

New guy here, after reading a bit, does the A119S 1080p dashcam have buffered parking or not. I read some where there is a update you can Dow load etc. Please get my head back on straight. I like this camera but I need buffered parking
The A119S does not have buffered parking mode.

Never got a chance to post a video with the FWA119S_MOD-4Vk_v4.03+24Mbs+Enhanced+Dice.bin firmware. I basically left all the settings as default. Should I change the sharpness?

1 minute clip - last half has an Audi S5 (?) racing a Benz ML550 causing the Benz to drive on to on-coming traffic.

Good thing the roads weren't too busy and school is out. Sad that people drive recklessly beside an elementary school and residential roads.

Never got a chance to post a video with the FWA119S_MOD-4Vk_v4.03+24Mbs+Enhanced+Dice.bin firmware. I basically left all the settings as default. Should I change the sharpness?
1 minute clip - last half has an Audi S5 (?) racing a Benz ML550 causing the Benz to drive on to on-coming traffic.
Good thing the roads weren't too busy and school is out. Sad that people drive recklessly beside an elementary school and residential roads.
That stretch of road is known to attract questionable driving behaviour, its my 49 Ave to Kingsway shortcut. The 24 Mb/s bitrate footage looks very good at medium Sharpness, suggest trying High then compare, its so easy when user has image quality control in the Menu.

Well so far heat with the modded firmware hasn't killed the cam. If it shuts off due to heat it stays off until I turn it back on right? Or does it turn back on and start recording when it cools down? Also what software are ya'll using to convert the videos, or are you just uploading the raw files to youtube and letting them figure it out?

Attachments

• 20190804_120610.jpg
    20190804_120610.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20190804_120530.jpg
    20190804_120530.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 26
Well so far heat with the modded firmware hasn't killed the cam. If it shuts off due to heat it stays off until I turn it back on right? Or does it turn back on and start recording when it cools down? Also what software are ya'll using to convert the videos, or are you just uploading the raw files to youtube and letting them figure it out?
Thermal heat shutdown event will not later power on once temperature cools. The hottest external dashcam point should be the memory card slot as it records to microSD card. Youtube accepts all video formats and sizes then encodes them using their own format. Use any video editing software to cut, paste, trim, add titles and effects, music and more. Uploading the RAW video clips is easiest but consider muting the audio especially if video recorded copyright music from radio. The new YouTube Creators Beta version includes music and basic video editing tools with text overlays coming soon.

I rarely upload raw files since I cut everything but the "good" parts. I've used their beta stuff, especially for the copyright problem you mentioned. Now I just listen to NPR which is probably copyrighted too lol

Long time without posting here. Just a few words for the record.

I'm using A119S for about 2 years and 2 months without any problem. Some memory card issue at the begining because i was using an no name memory card. Switch to an 128 Sandisk A1 Ultra and works flawlessly since than.

2 years and about 180 000 km/112 000 miles.
1 year and almost a half with BCHobbyist modified firmware with no problems. Again, awesome job, man!!!
About 1 year with a cheap power bank from Ravpower but with pass through charging. Some people said that it will burn. Well, it's still working perfectly.
Maybe i am just lucky! :D

Now, i want a duo fit for my personal car because i just find it with some scratches from another car.
Can some more experienced members advise me?
A129 duo, 2 x A119 v3, A129 pro?

I must say i've checked A129 pro and i'm kind of dissapointed. The hardware can be seriously tweaked with future software or is somehow limited? Accept pm's to :p
Thank you!

I must say i've checked A129 pro and i'm kind of dissapointed.
What feature are you disappointed with? You can have 60Mb/s on the front camera and you get a better quality compression than the A119S has, about 4x the detail of the A119S as long as there is enough light.

I like the A129 Pro better, but if you do a lot of driving in low light then the A119 V3 can be better if you don't mind having 2 seperate cameras.
Both choices are significantly better than the A119S due to the higher resolution. The A119S has the cleanest image in the dark but there is more detail in the A119 V3 and both more detail and more noise in the A129 Pro.

I'm also interested to know if the A129 Pro firmware is been experimented with for modification like it was done for the A119S by DC Team, or if it is locked and nothing can be done at the moment?

Are there any New Updates planned? I'm missing my Demo Videos with different sharpness

Always creating MODs for a small team of testers in Vancouver covering all Viofo Dashcam models. Color Saturation is one area being adjusted. The 2019 MODs are stable and almost as good as 2020 Alpha versions. What surprises me is how Viofo has completely abandoned the A119 , A119 Pro , A119S models and still struggling to solve the A129 Duo 1080p Parking Mode and double-beep video corruption issue.

Don't buy the A129 Pro 2160p resolution Dashcam if recording mostly at night since the sensor cannot collect enough light causing grainy footage. Another option is to drive with A129 Pro and A119S or A119V3 side-by-side as my vehicle does, one for front + back and the other for superior night vision. Recently noticed extreme heat occasionally from A129 Pro USB side power connector even though its powered from GPS mount, attempting to isolate the cause. My A129 Pro MODs are being tested locally, still waiting for Viofo to release something newer than A129 Pro v1.1 with the double beep file corruption bug which I believe to be caused by incorrect array value.

Thanks for your Update.
So I still stay with my A119S and Firmware 403-6Vk

What surprises me is how Viofo has completely abandoned the A119 , A119 Pro , A119S models and still struggling to solve the A129 Duo 1080p Parking Mode and double-beep video corruption issue.

You and me both!! I've had the double beep on both of my A119S' as well (it's not card related) since the last few versions (I think it started on v2.6). I thought Viofo would keep up support but at this point I highly doubt it since it's been more than a year from the last firmware update.

I've always appreciated your modifications and support to us here.

Hello, new to the forum: What are the benefits to the modified 6Vk firmware vs Viofo's latest V4.0 firmware?

Hello, new to the forum: What are the benefits to the modified 6Vk firmware vs Viofo's latest V4.0 firmware?
Did you click on the link in the first post? Each one gives you a changelog.

Back