VIOFO A129 Duo beeping and not going on Parking Mode

I think both of you are assuming. Right now the A129 Duo only operates as an access point. Meaning your phone connects directly to the device without any other connectivity in place. The A129 doesn't connect to any external net.

Viofo has yet to clarify if remote viewing through a wireless connection is even supported. So I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.
If you bind the IP address and port in the route, even it can work as an IP cam.

This feature is asked by some users many times, so we implement this finally, but no want to advertise it, so it is a hidden feature as some user may don't understand what it means.

If you bind the IP address and port in the route, even it can work as an IP cam.

This feature is asked by some users many times, so we implement this finally, but no want to advertise it, so it is a hidden feature as some user may don't understand what it means.

So the Viofo A129 Duo is capable of connecting to a 3g or 4G mobile car connection and being viewed remotely? Or is this feature only setup to pull off videos from the camera?

It's capable of connecting to your car's Wifi but that's it. Exactly as i was "assuming". ;)

@viofo, do you plan to implement this also into A129Pro's firmware any time soon? And what about your mobile app, does it brake connection (impossibility to define IP or usage some kind of auto-search) or will be still possible to use it? Or maybe one band for APs and the second one as the AP? :devilish:

Last edited:
It's capable of connecting to your car's Wifi but that's it. Exactly as i was "assuming". ;)

@viofo, do you plan to implement this also into A129Pro's firmware any time soon? And what about your mobile app, does it brake connection (impossibility to define IP or usage some kind of auto-search) or will be still possible to use it? Or maybe one band for APs and the second one as the AP? :devilish:

Well the question remains, what's Viofo's purpose for allowing the camera to connect to the vehicle wifi? Will it allow for you to remotely view the camera's live feed via their android app? As I know Viofo doesn't offer cloud storage, so that aspect of things isn't applicable.

As @viofo stated above it's requested feature by some users (including me). Probably many of them just want to have access to their cameras via home network (more exotic reason could be enabling remote access - via RaspberryPi or something) to be able to download/backup footage and view/record a live-view while car is parked home/work. And, as again @viofo stated above, if you open ports in you router and you have public IP (or domain) you can view the camera remotely while it's home/work (or via the exotic reason...).

As you tried to explain to me how it works now, a "phone" and dashcam will basically just switch the position, nothing more, nothing less. (the only question is whether the connection via app will still work or not)

Well the question remains, what's Viofo's purpose for allowing the camera to connect to the vehicle wifi? Will it allow for you to remotely view the camera's live feed via their android app? As I know Viofo doesn't offer cloud storage, so that aspect of things isn't applicable.
Hopefully the clue might be in Viofo's use of the phrase 'IP Cam', but that would only be useful if the camera allowed access over something like RTSP.

Hopefully the clue might be in Viofo's use of the phrase 'IP Cam', but that would only be useful if the camera allowed access over something like RTSP.
This doesn't work anymore?

What doesn't work?
If it is just the rtsp, use http streaming instead.

So what firmware supports live streaming of the feed? And also connecting the camera to a network instead of the camera being the access point?

Are these settings in a hidden menu or do you simply turn on the wifi and select the network you wish the camera to connect to?

What firmware version supports this feature? Or do all firmwares (V1.5 and higher) allow for IP cam functionality?

I'm sorry but are you some kind of troll? You were the one who reacted by this:
What is station mode?
on the post where Viofo mentioned the version, with the feature.

EDIT: Oh you mean the RTSP stream. As you can see in my post above, it's pretty old.

What doesn't work?
If it is just the rtsp, use http streaming instead.
Nigel, please, check the previous posts. :)

I'm sorry but are you some kind of troll? You were the one who reacted by this:

on the post where Viofo mentioned the version, with the feature.

EDIT: Oh you mean the RTSP stream. As you can see in my post above, it's pretty old.

Ya I wasn't trolling. The post was from 2018 about RTSP. Reading the thread more carefully, you aren't really getting much benefit if the camera is an access point. Instead of using the Viofo APP to connect to the camera and view / download via your phone, you're simply connecting a laptop / pc to the camera instead. Giving you the ability to download files direct to a computer.

Turning The camera into a Station Point that can connect to other networks would be beneficial. Allowing you to remotely view the camera's feed so long as it has a stable and fast enough internet connection supporting the stream.

Last edited:
It never was an "official" nor "push button" feature. Apparently you've checked the post from 2018 so you should already know the OP never mentioned anything about enabling something. The RTSP stream is just there, probably the very same stream is used for live-view in the Viofo's mobile app.

EDIT: I think if you still want to know more you should start another thread because we are basically spamming here with completely different topic.

Last edited:
The RTSP stream is just there, probably the very same stream is used for live-view in the Viofo's mobile app.
I think that uses the HTTP streaming, which also works with most video players:

The advantage of station mode is that the camera connects to your wifi router, and then other devices, phone / computer / etc., also connected to the wifi router can talk over wifi to the camera while also talking via wifi to other things such as the internet, since everything goes via the wifi router. The disadvantage is that not all cars have a wifi-router.

I think that uses the HTTP streaming, which also works with most video players:

The advantage of station mode is that the camera connects to your wifi router, and then other devices, phone / computer / etc., also connected to the wifi router can talk over wifi to the camera while also talking via wifi to other things such as the internet, since everything goes via the wifi router. The disadvantage is that not all cars have a wifi-router.

Correct. Connecting a laptop to the Intranet Wifi is just a supplement to pulling it off one's phone via the android app using the camera's wifi. If the camera could function as station mode and connect to 3/4g internet, the benefit would be remote live viewing. Of course, that'd be dependent on having a constant internet connection in one's vehicle.

Last edited:
Of course, that'd be dependent on having a constant internet connection in one's vehicle.
And also it requires a static IP address. I'm not sure you can have a static IP address when connecting to a 4G router in your car.

Yeah, static public IP (good luck with 3G/LTE...) + set portforward or DDNS - options which are sometimes not available even in regular routers. :ROFLMAO: That must be pretty advanced car - I'm glad when there is an option to customize at least SSID (not to mention password).

Last edited:
And also it requires a static IP address. I'm not sure you can have a static IP address when connecting to a 4G router in your car.

You brought up a couple interesting points:

1. You would have to check the camera's IP after it connects to the 3/4g prior to exiting the vehicle.

2. If the connection is constant, the IP will not change while the camera is connected. Of course, once the internet is turned off, the newly acquired ip will most certainly change. Meaning the camera will have a different ip every time it connects to the internet.

3. The work around would be allowing the camera to be assigned a DNS in an updated firmware.

Last edited:
Back