VIOFO A129 non-IR 1080p Modified Firmware MODs Archive

When will MOD Series - Wg - released June 3, 2019? Please!!! :cry::)

When will MOD Series - Wg - released June 3, 2019? Please!!! :cry::)
There is no point releasing any modified firmware based on Viofo's v1.70 since Parking Mode is still bugged along with the Bitrate tables.
Once they release an improved Beta Firmware I'll replace my v1.70 MODs with 1.80 or v1.90 after Viofo repairs the tables.
Plan to delete all v1.70 - We / Wf / Wg MODs.

Created new A129 Duo - STABLE MOD versions 7Wh , 7Wi , 7Wj
DOWNLOAD >
https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/p/download-a129-mod-file.html
The W series MODs use the new Buffered Parking Auto Event Detection Mode v1.81 Firmware. View the ChangeLog page for full details.
Requesting confirmation these MODs work with all Parking Modes using Hardwire Kit or Power Bank.
Power Bank may work with Parking Low Bitrate Recording Mode and Buffered Auto Event Detection Mode. When Parking Mode is enabled and vehicle is parked it takes 5 mins to activate emitting a quick-double-beep notification.
Parking Low Bitrate Recording Mode should work normally with all Bitrate 22-35 Mb/s MODs.
If other Parking Modes don't work with high Bitrates use MOD-PMi or MOD-PMj.

FW1.81 current A129 Duo Sharpness MODs
Strong
= Wh version - Sharp64
Medium = Wi version - Sharp48
Low = Wj version - Sharp32

Higher Bitrate MODs improve image detail and increase MP4 video clip size.

---
A129 Duo Dash Cam Review: https://viofo-a129-duo-dash-cam-review.blogspot.com/
MOD Install Guide: https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/
Dashcam Advice: https://viofo-dash-cam-selection-advice.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Hello. Thinking to buy the viofo a129 (or a119) for really low light shooting.
But I need to remove all overlayed graphic from recording AND from back dash cam screen.
Is it possible with your custom firmware?
Thanks.

Confirmed computer USB connection to A129 for "microSD CardReader Mode" file transfer utility no longer works using official Viofo Beta v1.80 firmware or MODs.
It is very inconvenient, every time to pull out / insert a card and this during experiments !!!???

Hello. Thinking to buy the viofo a129 (or a119) for really low light shooting.
But I need to remove all overlayed graphic from recording AND from back dash cam screen.
Is it possible with your custom firmware?
Thanks.
All Viofo Dashcam bottom video text overlays can be displayed or hidden from stock or MOD firmware using Menu Settings by owner they are called :
Date Stamp = off
GPS Info Stamp = off
Camera Model Stamp = off
Car Number = blank
Custom Text Stamp = blank
The startup logo can be replaced with anything, I like Dice . . .

It is very inconvenient, every time to pull out / insert a card and this during experiments !!!???
Depends if transferring/downloading a few clips or all clips, won't make much difference for 1 clip but if microSD card reader isn't available need the Dashcam built-in CardReader mode to work, why it was removed by Viofo on v1.80 is interesting.
Connecting USB cable to camera then to computer transfers at slow USB 2.0 speed,
eject microSD card then insert card into USB 3.0 card reader for computer transfers at 2x or 4x faster speed.

Hey I gave one of the 8W firmware a try. the 28mb one and buffered parking doesn't appear to work. Unit locks up and stops recording after a couple of minutes

This morning, timelapse from front camera. I have a heating grid in the glass :cautious: But it's great in winter. Defrost the window (y):)

2019-06-22_084248.jpg

Last edited:
Requesting confirmation these MODs work with all Parking Modes using Hardwire Kit or Power Bank.

I installed the MOD7Wi. Everything works great so far.
My TQKA LiFePO4 will be arrived tomorrow. Will test & report the Buffered Parking Auto Event Detection function!

Thank you,

Depends if transferring/downloading
At the beginning of the download, need to make a VIOFO choice, as in the DVR DOD
1. Card reader
2. Work

Will be!! (y)

Today I checked firmware 1.8, got one file(broken) of 560 kb in size, this was not on any previous ones ....
Moved to MOD 1.5 and made a choice of permissions :)o_O
1. 1080P - bitrate 50
2. 1440Р - bitrate 50

Last edited:
Hey I gave one of the 8W firmware a try. the 28mb one and buffered parking doesn't appear to work. Unit locks up and stops recording after a couple of minutes
Let me know which Parking Modes work correctly at 28 Mb/s, I expected the higher bitrates to cause parking mode issues. Can always use the custom MOD-PMi or PMj for all Parking Mode support.
Remember to connect to camera side USB port.

Last edited:
The A129 microphone is surprisingly good even with it taped in odd location on circuit board.
FYI for easy DIY GPS Mount removal - park vehicle facing sun and let bake for 1 hour, then simply twist mount back and forth to remove.

This is how DVR stands (there will be no of wires, and personally I am not satisfied with DVR in front of my nose, I need it so that I don't see it)
And so it shows on AV, and as it shows through the wifi, the quality of the video is the same, and the bitrate is also 50!
But this is not the case with with two camera!
(If there is no monitor, then the smart is fine on the holder, it controls through the WIFO program)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 32
Where can we request a certain feature ?

The only thing that is annoying for me is a timer function for parking (turn off after 1h 2h 3h 6h 12h etc..) and or a power button so you can turn the parking function off manually without having to unplug and plug the power cable back in. So when you restart the car it automatically powers up.

Where can we request a certain feature ?

The only thing that is annoying for me is a timer function for parking (turn off after 1h 2h 3h 6h 12h etc..) and or a power button so you can turn the parking function off manually without having to unplug and plug the power cable back in. So when you restart the car it automatically powers up.
When I park at home and don't want the camera recording in parking mode, I just hold the power button in for a couple seconds after shutting off the car and before getting out. It shuts down the camera. It will come back on the next time I start the car.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I park at home and don't want the camera recording in parking mode, I just hold the power button in for a couple seconds after shutting off the car and before getting out. It shuts down the camera. It will come back on the next time I start the car.

Is it the far left button or the middle protect button ?

I just downloaded the original 1.5 formware from the website and installed it. To my surprise, the FW info screen shows it’s V1.8.

I just downloaded the original 1.5 formware from the website and installed it. To my surprise, the FW info screen shows it’s V1.8.
What date does it show for the firmware?

Back