VIOFO A129 non-IR 1080p Modified Firmware MODs Archive

Need confirmation Low Bitrate Recording functions correctly with Higher Bitrate MODs above 27 Mb/s . . .
when powered by Hardwire Kit or continuous ON socket adapter.

Updating all A129 W-series MODs today with new stable (non-Beta) official v1.81 Firmware with new Wifi VPN and fixed "microSD CardReader Mode" file transfer utility.
I marked the new updated "W series" MODs with (green dragon version functionality improvement notification emoji icon).
Remember to connect power cable to camera side miniUSB port for Parking Mode support, use GPS mount power connection if not using Parking Mode.

Really? why? :oops:

The cable has a free wire and in order not to pull a cable for the AV , you can neatly insert it as in the photo.
So the cable will be universal for Viofo DVR.

There is another way to connect an AV without any additional cable, but it is more complicated.
Different GPS modules.

Attachments

• Cable.jpg
    Cable.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 55
  • GPS.jpg
    GPS.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
The cable has a free wire and in order not to pull a cable for the AV , you can neatly insert it as in the photo.
So the cable will be universal for Viofo DVR.

There is another way to connect an AV without any additional cable, but it is more complicated.
Different GPS modules.
great AV custom cable MOD idea for vehicles with LCD console media panels. Its always interesting to see pinout variations between models, they never stay the same.
Viofo could rewire the GPS module connectors for +5v / GPS / ACC / GND
+5v = Battery +
GPS = signal
ACC = ignition voltage signals for advanced parking mode support from 3-wire Hardwire Kit.
GND = Ground -

too bad the GPS module doesn't have 6 or 8 contact points for enhanced feature expansion.

About my 1440P - we do not have interpolation, but there is scaling in the firmware code
Code:
СFA interpolation is not supported in D2D mode
CFA Interpolation=NULL
Therefore, all viewing angles on all resolutions are equal.
You cannot interpolate from larger to smaller, only to scale.
Simplified, this process can be described as follows.
If the image had a black pixel, and next to it was a white pixel, if you doubled the scale, you would get two black pixels and two white pixels.
With interpolation, we get the original black and white pixels, plus one dark gray pixel and one light gray pixel between them, as shown in the figure.
Therefore, I calmly did 1440P, so it is easier for compare.
119 with CPL filter
129 without
Fragment of the original
YouTube distorts the picture.

Attachments

• 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Reactions: gse
And the mod firmware will fit the A129 Duo IR?
People ask !! o_O

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Taking a survey for IR Camera Bitrate + Sharpness Modified Firmware interest, LIKE this message to cast your vote.
If owners want the same 29 - A129 MODs for IR model retaining the new IR Camera Menu options Mono / Auto / Color Mode this can be created today.

My A129 Duo IR Front cam looses the colour saturation, brightness/contrast and sharpness comparing with A119S.

Last edited:
Here a sample video day view with firmware v1.0
1080p 60fps, WDR On, CPL On, High Bitrate

I loaded v1.81-6Wi 2 days ago and now this is the second time I get in my car and notice it has the format card prompt, something along the lines of "All data will be erased" with options to ok or cancel.

I reformatted card and set factory defaults after installing the firmware. Is this a bug?

I loaded v1.81-6Wi 2 days ago and now this is the second time I get in my car and notice it has the format card prompt, something along the lines of "All data will be erased" with options to ok or cancel.
I reformatted card and set factory defaults after installing the firmware. Is this a bug?
Thanks for the report. That memory card warning is caused by a few situations none are MOD related.
What size and brand card is used makes a difference especially if its new and empty, not all cards are supported. The other more common cause is the undocumented protected folder limitation. That memory card probably included the protected RO folder containing "read-only" MP4 clips created by G-sensor impact/vibration events. There are now two G-sensor Menu settings > Parking G-sensor + Driving G-sensor. When one or the other or both have their sensitivity too high creating too many events or even a single recording the Dashcam tests for remaining card space.
The warning you noticed can occur in Parking Mode or while driving when algorithm calculates if there is 30% space remaining for protected G-sensor clips. If the RO folder contains 100's of clips the warning will appear when 30% of card is empty even 70 GB on 256GB card, or appears when three RO files are saved but only 1.2 GB card space free.
To prevent this silly "All data will be erased" prompt always copy RO footage to PC then delete the RO folder. Now you know the reason Viofo's new firmware has moved all Parking + G-sensor clips into main folder to prevent RO being created with 30% free space limit, (which I call a BUG, but its actually by design).

Last edited:
That looks great. Is that only for the A129 DUO IR not for the regular A129?
Creating new MODs for both A129 IR + non-IR cameras later today using the newest official Viofo 1.02 + 1.90 firmware versions.

Download A129 Duo non-IR Modified Firmware: https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/p/download-a129-mod-file.html
Download A129 Duo IR Modified Firmware: https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/p/download-a129-ir-mod-file.html
Forum A129 Duo non-IR Modified Firmware: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofo-a129-non-ir-1080p-modified-firmware-mods-archive.35826/
Forum A129 Duo IR Modified Firmware: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofo-a129-duo-ir-1080p-modified-firmware-mods-archive.39847/

@BCHobbyist do your modded firmwares offer higher bitrates in auto event detection (buffered) parking mode?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

@BCHobbyist do your modded firmwares offer higher bitrates in auto event detection (buffered) parking mode?
It doesn't work above 27 Mb/s but, currently don't have enough Testing below 27 Mb/s from owners with hardwire kits. Let me know if it works normally with your setup, otherwise use the dedicated Parking versions.

That looks great. Is that only for the A129 DUO IR not for the regular A129?

I posted firmware comparison between official v1.01 and mod-6Eh videos over here.

Back