VIOFO A129 non-IR 1080p Modified Firmware MODs Archive

Or someone in Australia comments about running camera in hot weather. It is now full blown summer in Australia with upper 20s and low 30 C. (80s Degrees Farenheit).
would love that cool weather, we've been having high 30's to mid to high 40's on and off for the past few weeks, getting sick of it

would love that cool weather, we've been having high 30's to mid to high 40's on and off for the past few weeks, getting sick of it

Any chance I can convince you to download 6UJ mod and run it for a few days on your A129 Duo? See if it remains stable with 30-40c temps?

Posting on the Viofo Forum! Treasonous.I smell a spy. Maybe he's in cahoots with the Russians?

Actually he DID help Viofo with a few things on these cams. I'd say that quite nice coming from a business competitor (y)

Phil

I have found a problem with these modded firmware’s, both 4UJ yesterday morning and 7UJ this morning the camera didn’t turn on by itself! after around 5 to 10 minutes of driving I noticed the lights weren’t on the camera and it wasn’t turned on, has anyone else had this or know the reason for it?

There were people reporting that adding boot delay solved the problem. Worth a try.

The latest official FW1.50 added a boot delay option of 0 seconds, which can cause problems with the camera starting properly.

I can't remember if 0 seconds is the default setting on FW1.50, but it is the default on the recent MOD FW which are based on FW1.50.

The latest official FW1.50 added a boot delay option of 0 seconds, which can cause problems with the camera starting properly.

I can't remember if 0 seconds is the default setting on FW1.50, but it is the default on the recent MOD FW which are based on FW1.50.
That is correct, default is 0 seconds on stock 1.5 FW.

I have found a problem with these modded firmware’s, both 4UJ yesterday morning and 7UJ this morning the camera didn’t turn on by itself! after around 5 to 10 minutes of driving I noticed the lights weren’t on the camera and it wasn’t turned on, has anyone else had this or know the reason for it?

I am running stock 1.50 firmware, have 0 sec boot delay, and never had an issue. Must be a bug in the modded firmware.

I can leave questions unanswered if you prefer :p

Honest question......When I looked on Amazon to order a camera, I noticed there are tons of similar looking Cameras to the Viofo A1299. Bit different on button setup but pretty much identical appearance. Is the Street Guardian just a variance of the Viofo like the others?

Other than Viofo having a 140 viewing angle vs 127 all the specs look the same? Does the 127 degree not create a fish bowl affect? Is that why you opted for that vs 140?

Back