VIOFO A139 Pro - Testing / Review Info

In my tests, the crop of using Utrawide, only cuts off traffic lights a tiny bit sooner as u pass under them.
Already 95% through the intersection when it cuts off.
Plenty of footage to show that the signal status as i pass under.
Even when turning, I am well into the intersection and can see the opposing lane signal enough to see its status, most of the time, depends on the intersection size and design, some are mounted higher up, or on different type of mount/or hanging.
Some signals here have lens that can only be seen well looking straight on it, and many have round shades over the lens (like in that pic) and u can not see them at an angle.

Most original post was in response to a remark from another member that "there is no relevant information in the sky" when I pointed out that overhead traffic signals happen to be one of a number of things that one might want to capture in the "sky" portion of the frame, along with other things like bridge overpasses. Whatever shape the lights may be or whatever design they may have you need to record them in the footage one way or another.

There is no relevant information for me in the sky.

Whatever method you use for capturing that is your own business but you appear to be saying that showing the traffic signal as you pass under is indeed relevant for you.

What's your point exactly?

Last edited:
Hi guys.. can i ask why, when i try to set
  • 4K 1600P 30fps (Front) + 1080P 30fps (Interior) + 1080P 30fps (Rear) i recive error -13 from app ? thanks a lot.

Hi guys.. can i ask why, when i try to set
  • 4K 1600P 30fps (Front) + 1080P 30fps (Interior) + 1080P 30fps (Rear) i recive error -13 from app ? thanks a lot.
If you have more than one camera that you connect to the app, you need to restart the app after disconnecting the first camera before connecting the second.

yes...was a 3ch a139 pro (kit)
I just tested setting the resolution as you described and it worked from both an Android and iOS device. The first suggestion would be to make sure app and firmware are up to date.

I tested with the following versions:
  • VIOFO App
    • iOS v3.9
    • Android v3.2.13
  • A139 Pro Firmware
    • v1.1_0629
The "error -13" usually only happens when the HTTP server on the dash camera that receives the HTTP configuration requests from the VIOFO app either doesn't recognize the request or the request failed while it was processed. If you're not using the latest VIOFO app or have the latest firmware installed in the A139 Pro, I would start there by updating the app and/or firmware to latest version.

Tomorrow I will try to reconfigure , probably because I had tried the dashcam first 1ch then 2ch and finally 3ch, and maybe (I read somewhere) that the problem is simply the VIOFO app to reinstall on my android. Thanks for the info.

Was the camera in parking mode? There was a firmware update that made it where the resolution setting couldn't be changed during parking mode.

Back