VIOFO A229 DUO FIRMWARE

Just received my a229 duo and it has VIOFO_A229_V1.0_0916 firmware, when the latest on Viofo's site is 0801. Is ny fw newer or do Viofo reverse the numbering?

just had a chat with Viofo support. They informed me about a new FW version which will be release in a few days:

"Hi, our tech team will release a new version in a few days, you can upgrade the 1026 version then.
As we do not suggest to upgrade the firmware very often, you can just upgrade once then."

Reactions: gse
The Viofo app for Android and IOS has been updated.

Can A229 firmware be updated via VIOFO's app on my phone? I tried a couple days ago, but couldn't get it to work.

VIOFO's official website doesn't list A229, but it's strange older A129 models have this feature but the new A229 doesn't.
A129 Duo,A129 Duo IR,and A129 Pro Duo could also upgrade the firmware using the VIOFO app.

Well, their "new firmware in a few days" has not arrived yet?

Amazing how Viofo keeps their firmware in sync with what you can download and what is being shipped...
Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 09.57.43.pngIMG_2870.jpg

Yes I did and according to my browsers it is still 1008?

So I am not sure where the 1009, which was already in a unit off the shelf, or the 1026 is actually located?
On this forum, I have not seen promises from Viofo of a new firmware.
Perhaps the new firmware is being tested and is not ready for release.
So we are waiting. ;)

Well, post 30 has a screenshot of 1009 which I believe I have also seen elsewhere?

Then post 24 mentions a quote from Viofo regarding 1026 in a few days?

Perhaps it's all a wind up?

Don't really care as it all seems to be working fine even with a 256gb Samsung Pro Endurance! So Far!

The Viofo app for Android and IOS has been updated.
Version 3.2.8
Version 3.2

Last edited:
Ausgezeichnet. (y)

Hi all, just an update from Viofo about the details update Version: V1.1_1010:
1. Add "off" option for G-sensor
2. When you turn on wifi, the default wifi is 5G, and add a notification.
3. Add LED option, you can choose All On/All Off/Power LED Only.
4. Add 2592x1944P 24fps and 2592x1944P 24fps+2592x1944P 24fps.

Question about updating the firmware: Do I format the card in the camera? If so, what if it starts recording before I eject it?

Back