VIOFO A229 DUO FIRMWARE

Question about updating the firmware: Do I format the card in the camera? If so, what if it starts recording before I eject it?
It is enough to format in guiformat2.

Attachments

• guiformat2.zip
    31.5 KB · Views: 6
The same place you downloaded the FW from has the instructions to the left of the download link.
I know, but all that says is "Format the card first and then download the bin file to the the card and power the camera with card inserted." Thanks for providing more detail.

I just found that VIOFO has released V1.1_1208 firmware for the A229 Duo. I searched and I didn't find a post about this firmware release.

File size: 57888380 bytes
md5 checksum: 4da5bf477da1adb6a7af705cfabfc16f
link: https://viofo.com/download/firmware/A229/FWA229A.bin

1672246825588.png

Last edited:
After installing the A229 Duo firmware update stated as being V1.1_1218, I found that it displays version V1.1_1208. I've notified VIOFO that the website info is incorrect.

1672246923203.png

Attachments

• firmware-V1.1_1208.jpeg
    firmware-V1.1_1208.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 3
Seriously? With exactly the same image sensor and the processor as A119 Mini where HDR has already been for quite some time?
I'll repeat the question again:
Someone promised to implement HDR on this model?
Who? Where? When?

I'll repeat the question again:
Someone promised to implement HDR on this model?
Who? Where? When?
So their product development backlog is based on making promises to the customers first? Interesting approach.
I'm just wondering if there is any hardware limitation there preventing from having such a major feature like HDR that is actually something customers might be really looking for.

I think if you have to get HDR, you will have to throw away the rear camera.
I dont think the SOC have the prosessing power to do HDR on just the front camera + rear, or for that matter both of the cameras.

The VIOFO website info for v1.1_1208 firmware has been updated.

1672360756560.png

So their product development backlog is based on making promises to the customers first? Interesting approach.
What is the backlog in product development?
The model has been developed and is in serial production. Everything that is stated in the description of the A229 Duo
on the official website of Viofo is present in this model.

Reactions: gse
I think if you have to get HDR, you will have to throw away the rear camera.
It won't help.
Viofo answered why there will be no HDR.
I quoted them, look at the topic !!

Soon there will be a new A229 PRO 4K, everything will be there !!

I said " i think " which are the same as saying i guess / do not know for sure.
But a 4K A229 will be better, even if it seem like there are still some work to do fine tuning for the new SV2 sensor.

I can not test cameras fast enough to keep up with Viofo, it would be more easy if i could just take a brand new camera make a wvideo where i say " O this is wonderful go buy it" and then be done with it.

But A139 was a fine camera for me, the A229 also seem to perform well for me and be a camera i can recommend.

Last edited:
Probably a dumb question: Are we supposed to format (erase) the card before updating firmware? I updated yesterday without formatting and everything seems fine, yet Viofo says:

"Format the card first and then download the bin file to the card and power the camera with card inserted."

Last edited:
Back