Viofo A229 Duo received

You could give the zoomed in bits a gamma boost by 1.4, brighten them up and make them stand out a bit.
Generally it is better not to process things, but a smallish gamma boost of the plate area is likely to make more detail visible to most people, rather than to lose any detail.

High microphone gain on my camera.
This is not the best example i should have kept the wipers off, but you can occasional hear in the start the gain ramp up and the rain get louder.
As i drive off, please note, the ignition for my car and the keys in it, are not right beside the dashcam.

I will add a driving example soon, here you can hear line a deep oscillating rumble sound, which i think are from the road surface.

It could of course also be that for a while i have used the speakers in my old monitor, i have now changed screen and for the first time in,,,, 2 decades i think, i have a set of PC speakers.
For many years i used a headset, either wearing it or it just lying on the table when sound wasent really of that much interest.

I just noticed the A119 mini sound exactly the same, so maybe it is just me not yet adjusted to new circumstances. :oops:

The sounds seems fine in my opinion.
If something seems off for you, maybe you can compare it to a different dashcam.

I dont have other cameras in the car at the moment, i think i was a bit too fast to clean my windscreen in anticipation of new cameras, actually for a few months i have been driving around with a front / rear system that only record in black and white, as even here i was premature and i want to use that system for something completely unrelated.

Of course as we are just talking sound here i could quickly throw in 1 - 2 cameras to record some sound with those.
But ! i think i might be making problems for myself and the issue are based on my new audio setup on the computer.
Also personally it do not matter much as i most often mute the sound due to music copyright issues, or my own foul mouth as i am fast to verbally and out loud say my oppinion bad drivers,,,,,, including myself.

Also if there is a problem, it is adjustable in firmware i think, so if there are a lot of complaints viofo will probably act accordingly

I've been finding mine a bit quiet, but yours sounds pretty much as I would want it to sound. Need to test it in a few different situations though, such as driving and loud music!

with loud music it is as if the gain go a bit up and down, depending on the "intensity" of the music, i had cameras that handle loud music better.
Driving and no music going, there is a deep alternating rumbling sound, it is sort of like the sound of a jet fighter very far way, it is the alteration that bother me if it was just constant it would be no problem.

I will also try and dig around of my harddrives tomorrow to see if i can find old footage from other cameras to listen to with my new PC speakers, which are small logitec speakers but still much bigger than the speakers in my old 27" screen

High microphone gain on my camera.
This is not the best example i should have kept the wipers off, but you can occasional hear in the start the gain ramp up and the rain get louder.
As i drive off, please note, the ignition for my car and the keys in it, are not right beside the dashcam.

I will add a driving example soon, here you can hear line a deep oscillating rumble sound, which i think are from the road surface.

I know exactly what your problem is - you have to many keys jk.

In post production you could apply attenuation if you need to present the video.
I think it sounds fine.
I know it's not about keys but you reminded me of mine.. I reduced my keys because I got sick of the rattle sound!

Sounds OK to me as well.

Paul.

with loud music it is as if the gain go a bit up and down, depending on the "intensity" of the music
The only times my A139 gets quieter is with heavy bass. Otherwise it doesnt really care about the volume.
Should be the same for the A229 I guess.

More American steel, this time a nice not terrible old Dodge van, i am sure our friend @SawMaster will appreciate even if i dont think it is a Dodge he drive.

Dodge van.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yes, nice van! :love: You don't see nice old vans here since they're all turned into work trucks (including mine) and they're usually then driven to death or beaten to death because they have low resale value compared to any other type of vehicle. Nobody cares about them :cry: but I do :giggle:

Phil

I am now testing parking guard too, that is it is on and i use low bitrage for 1 hour on the timer.
Will try something else after my car have been to the shop and its biannual inspection on Tuesday.

With the newer FW the dropped frames are less obvious for me.

Paul.

Normal. I don't use parking mode. This all straight forward day to day commute.
In the new firmware in normal mode, when recording with the maximum bitrate, double frames come across, though not in every video file. Sometimes there are 3 fragments in 1 minute of recording, sometimes there is none.

I'll upload a couple to look at shortly.

I am now testing parking guard too, that is it is on and i use low bitrage for 1 hour on the timer.
My copy was recorded in a parking lot with a low bitrate several times for 5 hours and no problems were noticed.

Back