VIOFO Launch Event

I doubt that was @Karagandinez 's true intention.
Back in 2024 I thought DCT had an English only rule since I never saw any other language.
That’s the rule at RDFORUM.ORG
I got the two forums confused.
That’s why I asked DashCamMan if DCT had an English only policy.

I don’t think its about exclusion, it’s about “maintaining continuity” on the forum.
I think not, it was very obvious what he was wishing to do. If it didn't suit what he wanted, he felt he needed to speak up - in this case, unnecessarily. The lack of response from others that kept on replying and ignoring his comment, only confirmed this.

Ok about asking DashcamMan, but irrelevant as we are talking about this forum not that forum.

If we are talking about continuity, I think we should also bring up whether generating AI reviews of dashcams is allowed too. Or is that taking away from the intentions of the forum itself in providing a service to readers.
 
If we are talking about continuity, I think we should also bring up whether generating AI reviews of dashcams is allowed too.
I don't use AI, I actually despise it 🤖
That's one of the reasons I'm anti VIOFO Cloud 🤣
 
I don't use AI, I actually despise it 🤖
That's one of the reasons I'm anti VIOFO Cloud 🤣
Same here, there has been instances on these forums though where users have generated their 'reviews' entirely or nearly entirely using AI services such as chatGPT or Gemini. Shows a real lack of effort on their part.
 
seems off topic?
Bringing back to -

VIOFO Launch Event​


I notice that they Viofo have started to release some teasers.
Watching there home page nothing has changed yet.

They mentioned a new HWK for the new dashcams

VIOFO HK6-F USB-C Hardwire Kit for T330 and T340 Parking Mode​

Seems they will always broadcast via Bluetooth information.

The teaser images aren't what I was hoping for. A Thinkware like design perhaps.

1789471296924.webp
 
Yo habal un poquito Espaniol, but so very happy for translation in Firefox browser.

I acknowledge English as the official internet language, and also that just CUZ you can write / speak it do not mean you are American.

I do often welcome new people here in their own tongue, but that is also about as far as my language skill go with most of the languages i at least know just a little off.

If people can not be bothered with other languages i also understand that, in that case i will recommend just ignore.

If people spoke math to me, i would be utterly clueless.
 
I have no issue with the language used in a post; however, not using English could reduce responses. Some users won't bother to translate and will skip those posts entirely. Since the site is intended to help everyone, the encouragement should be to post in the site's native language. If every user here posted in their native language, DCT would become unreadable to many people. Most users wouldn't bother translating multiple languages every time they came here to read. For this reason, sites often mandate posts to be in a certain language.

When I am on a non-English site, out of courtesy, I translate my posts into that language and announce that this is not my native language. Never had an issue getting help that way.
 
I have no issue with the language used in a post; however, not using English could reduce responses. Some users won't bother to translate and will skip those posts entirely. Since the site is intended to help everyone, the encouragement should be to post in the site's native language. If every user here posted in their native language, DCT would become unreadable to many people. Most users wouldn't bother translating multiple languages every time they came here to read. For this reason, sites often mandate posts to be in a certain language.
That's exactly what I said.
 
IMX662 image sensor
Isn't that the same sensor they put in the "upgraded new" IR Interior Fisheye camera for the A229 Pro & A229 Plus?
 
They have removed SSD external storage support.....

pufff... it puts me in a difficult decision, sacrifice 1 channel and continue with my SSD or add an Extra channel and lose my SSD.

and 512gb microsd is the not inconsiderable extra figure of €230.

Those from Viofo have made it difficult for me.
 
Last edited:
One thing i wonder. ?
These now viofo systems will they announce if there have been a event while parked.

The DDpai i am testing do that, though the last word in the sentence is murdered. But quite nice to get told something happened even if in my case the event is just me slamming door when i parked.
 
Wow CPL's for rear camera too

Hope we get to test it out, 4 channel is awesome.

Anti-tamper looks neat for business vehicles to stop accidental/intentional pulling of cables.

Iniside fisheye seems to give quite a lot of side view, good for door dings.
 
Anti-tamper looks neat for business vehicles to stop accidental/intentional pulling of cables.
I had a dealership rip out cables from my old A229 Duo. They also stole the SD card...
Something like the anti-tamper cover would have been nice in this situation.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top