Viofo T130 3 Channel Dashcam - 2K Front + FHD Interior + FHD Rear

i took a close look on the rather old FW i am on a few days ago, in 2 channel mode i saw no double or missing frames on the interior and front camera.
But that might be due to me bring in 2 channel, the new rear camera should be in Denmark now, so hope to be up to 3 channels again before the weekend.

In the Viofo App while the Internal dash cam is off and no recordings are being made to the memory card the App still displays the interior camera.
Everything is correct for me with this, I even tried incl. in the application the salon camera, through the switch camera and could not.
Through the menu All cameras, it includes saloons, but there is no recording on the card!
Everything is perfectly done here !!

interior camera still looks very purple at times.
That is because the interior camera is IR sensitive.

If you have the windows open so there is no IR filtering from the glass then you will get purple colour. Only way to avoid it is to add an IR filter, but then it can't see the light from the LEDs.

A active filter is the best solution i feel.
optimized the interior lens cover, so it can get more IR lights in.
Having more light to allow interior camera to use faster exposure might be a good thing.
Even if i very much like night photography, then really in taking pictures or video you can hardly have too much light.

BTW tomorrow i will take the T130 off parking guard, to see if it will then still have startup problems using the HW kit for power, using the regular power source there was no startup problems.

BTW tomorrow i will take the T130 off parking guard, to see if it will then still have startup problems using the HW kit for power, using the regular power source there was no startup problems.
Have you noticed it won't go out of parking mode even after the car is moving? I have.

I cant say i have seen that, i will be examining the memory card extra careful later today, the audio "warning" when changing modes have seemed to be normal, but that dont mean i might have missed something, after all hearing these notifications do get to be a habit fast.

Have you noticed it won't go out of parking mode even after the car is moving? I have.
Haven't had that issue yet. Works reliably for me, but I'm running the hardwire kit off an Thinkware iVolt battery.

I cant say i have seen that, i will be examining the memory card extra careful later today, the audio "warning" when changing modes have seemed to be normal, but that dont mean i might have missed something, after all hearing these notifications do get to be a habit fast.
Check the Parking folder. All the files will have P/F/I/R suffix. You might find you have some of your videos in there.

Sometimes mine does not boot when the car starts, I would say at least 50% of the time. Happens after parking mode has timed out, or low voltage cut-off activated, or if I have manually turned off the T130 before stopping the engine. I can't see any pattern to it.

It does always switch from parking recording to normal recording.

I'm using the hardwire kit and boot delay is set to 5 seconds.

I will have a close look at the memory card this weekend.

Sometimes mine does not boot when the car starts, I would say at least 50% of the time. Happens after parking mode has timed out, or low voltage cut-off activated, or if I have manually turned off the T130 before stopping the engine. I can't see any pattern to it.

It does always switch from parking recording to normal recording.

I'm using the hardwire kit and boot delay is set to 5 seconds.

I will have a close look at the memory card this weekend.

I don't own the T130 but two thoughts:

1. Try hardwiring to another fuse. Almost sounds like this fuse is connected to another circuit via Canbus. When I first hardwired my A129 Duo, I had it hooked to ACC through 12V socket. I'd turn off camera, lock car, and find camera turning itself on. Apparently, the manual didn't state anything as being tied to the 12V socket, but through CanBus, the alarm used the same fuse. So every time I locked or unlocked my car, it turned the camera on.

I mention this because it sounds like the fuse may be the issue here, with another system interfering.

2. Second thought, if you have multiple cameras hardwired, set the boot delay to 10s or a bit longer. So that each camera boots on its own without multiple ones hitting car's circuits at once.

The salon camera gets very hot, where the lens is.
Is that so for everyone?

salon :unsure: do you mean interior / cabin camera ?
I have not felt mine but i will try that on my next drive ( tomorrow as i go cat / apartment sitting for my little sister while she go to a concert )

The salon camera gets very hot, where the lens is.
Is that so for everyone?
Yes it does get hot.

Some T130 's have developed cracks near the heat spreader.
Have a look at this post. Ignore the text in the window and just click on the link. It will show a picture of the crack.

Last edited:
Of course I'm familiar, that's not my problem.
Very hot exactly in the area where he indicated on the screen!
Is it night? Or do you have the IR on permanent? Perhaps it's the Infrareds heating the lens.

I don't own the T130 but two thoughts:

1. Try hardwiring to another fuse. Almost sounds like this fuse is connected to another circuit via Canbus. When I first hardwired my A129 Duo, I had it hooked to ACC through 12V socket. I'd turn off camera, lock car, and find camera turning itself on. Apparently, the manual didn't state anything as being tied to the 12V socket, but through CanBus, the alarm used the same fuse. So every time I locked or unlocked my car, it turned the camera on.

I mention this because it sounds like the fuse may be the issue here, with another system interfering.

2. Second thought, if you have multiple cameras hardwired, set the boot delay to 10s or a bit longer. So that each camera boots on its own without multiple ones hitting car's circuits at once.
Thanks for the suggestions. However I only have the T130 hardwired, and it's using the same fuses that the SG9663DR was using without any problems for over a year. Kamkar is having the same problem, so it sounds like a camera issue rather than an installation issue.

Thanks for the suggestions. However I only have the T130 hardwired, and it's using the same fuses that the SG9663DR was using without any problems for over a year. Kamkar is having the same problem, so it sounds like a camera issue rather than an installation issue.

I guess the T130 has some definite bugs to hammer out. I find it concerning (thread above) that the casing is cracking at 15C due to overheating issues.

It seems these 3 channel cams generate a lot of heat. Until hardware catches up that runs cooler, almost wondering if Viofo (or other brands) would benefit from having the main unit tucked under the glove box, and cables running from there powering each cam. Instead of integrating the main unit into the cams itself.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G T130 2
D T130 58
rcg530 T130 135
mentadent T130 3
J T130 12
Back