Viofo T130 3 Channel Dashcam - 2K Front + FHD Interior + FHD Rear

It is necessary to remove the backlash !!
With mine mounted on the windshield it doers not move or vibrate while driving with my stiff van suspension. To move it like this by hand takes more force than it does to move some of my other cams out of aim on their mounts. Also note that the "band" or "ring" which holds the cam is attached to the base by 4 screws inside the mount; if those were not sufficiently tight movement would be easier. Mine were tight from the factory and I put them back equally tight after disassembling the cam. It could probably be done better but this arrangement seems to be more than good enough to me.

Phil

But at first this was not, I control from scratch.
The screws will not help, I twisted all 4, I need a gasket, but then I will do that !!
Yes, while it is not reflected on the video, but in places - on the road with the lying policemen, twitches.

Yes, while it is not reflected on the video, but in places - on the road with the lying policemen, twitches
If you want no vibration when driving over sleeping policemen or when pressing buttons then you need an A139!

With the T130 style of camera there will always be some movement in the mount, the best that can be done is to avoid resonance, and that is not easy.

Don't know if they ship overseas though.

@LateralNW, I checked CarID, the first link for rear deck covers I posted and they do indeed ship to Australia. Hopefully you can find one that works well for your particular vehicle if you decide to buy one.

:p yes thats about it, respect demanding vehicles,,,, if not, well good luck.

the best that can be done is to avoid resonance, and that is not easy.
This is a test sample, our task is to identify the problems of the DVR, and VIOFO will fix it already in the serial version.
I see problems like this
1) Firmware
2) Backlash
3) Same power and rear camera connectors
4) Thick cable for rear camera
5) No AV output
Add your observations

Initially I was concerned about access to the microSD card slot located on the top of the barrel. There was no need to worry though. Being able to rotate the T130 barrel towards the driver means the microSD card slot can be accessed easily.
Although I can rotate the camera barrel to access the microSD card, I find that the interior camera does not always return to my preferred spot when I rotate the barrel back into place. Over time, the interior lens ends up aiming lower and lower...

I find that the interior camera does not always return to my preferred spot when I rotate the barrel back into place.
Since there is no instant visual control, marks can be made, it would be very convenient !!

Attachments

• Label.jpg
    Label.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 14
Yes placement of SD card slot is a bit annoying, but i can fish it out without having to turn the camera.
Putting a mark as vvs49 say above is a easy fix of a not too large problem, this was also my plan if SD slot placement start to annoy me

Since there is no instant visual control, marks can be made, it would be very convenient !!
Yes, that can be done. The interior lens aim does not have to be exact. I just need to remember to check it after rotating the camera body.

A hot day while using parking mode ant it looks like the adhesive pad that came preinstalled in to the camera mount is not strong enough to adhere in to the plastic.

Today I found my camera hanging suspended by the wires but the sticky pad still very well attached in to the glass.

I grabbed the camera and repositioned back in to the same pad and hours later it came loose again so now I have to replace it.

Maybe too much heat radiating from the camera caused this or perhaps the plastic was somewhat contained when the sticky pad was preinstalled at the assembly line.

20210921_122358.jpg

A hot day while using parking mode ant it looks like the adhesive pad that came preinstalled in to the camera mount is not strong enough to adhere in to the plastic.

Today I found my camera hanging suspended by the wires but the sticky pad still very well attached in to the glass.

I grabbed the camera and repositioned back in to the same pad and hours later it came loose again so now I have to replace it.

Maybe too much heat radiating from the camera caused this or perhaps the plastic was somewhat contained when the sticky pad was preinstalled at the assembly line.

View attachment 58396
I noticed that none of the sticky pads have the 3M Monika on them. Perhaps Viofo have move away from that brand?

Reactions: EGS
I noticed that none of the sticky pads have the 3M Monika on them. Perhaps Viofo have move away from that brand?
It would be interesting to see if any of you guys experience the same with your cameras (T130)
I don't know if there is anything better than 3M .

It would be interesting to see if any of you guys experience the same with your cameras (T130)
It will be months before I see really hot weather but I am sure if they aren't 3M equivalent pads that they will fall off the windscreen. It would be terrific if there where other brands that could do the same.

I was also very surprised by the scotch tape on the DVR VIOFO !!!
On the rear camera of A 139, the M3 scotch tape melted so much that it tore off the glass in small portions with a knife.
Therefore, I changed it to a proven, German M3

Attachments

• 3М.jpg
    3М.jpg
    488 KB · Views: 14
Mine is holding well so far. Agreed: there's nothing like the real 3M. Their tape #5952 seems to be the best.

Along this topic, I've had few tape pad problems until recently. The in-car heat testing I did with my heat gun seems to have weakened the bond on my Garmin 57 mount which is small with a somewhat heavy cam and may have affected my A139 which like the T130 has a large tape pad. The A139 is still sticking well, but it seems it isn't as solid as before, moving slightly when buttons are pressed now. The T130 was there for that heat testing too but I've noticed no changes with it. I'm left to wonder if the 77C temps I measured were hotter than the tape can withstand? My first similar heat test was shorter in time and cooler, just over 65C IIRC, and the B4K I had mounted for that wasn't affected, and the second hotter test didn't affect the Mini2 mount which replaced the B4K. Hard to know exactly what is occurring and whether the temp limits for these tape pads have been discovered.

Phil

You can buy 3M online but it's not cheap.

Running latest beta firware - Wifi connection fixed (error in last one):

Still out of sync audio with rear and interior when added with front.

RAW files linked - YT files shown.

Forgot to reverse the rear camera in individual files I uploaded! :eek::ROFLMAO:

All 3:

Front:

Interior:

Rear:

RAWS:

All 3: << Click

Front: << Click

Interior: << Click

Rear: << Click

Paul.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G T130 2