VIOFO's A129 Duo

How can I differentiate the GPS and non-GPS type mounts of A129 - either visually or by weight or other means.. I ask this because I suspect the online seller sent me a non-GPS mount when I had ordered for a GPS one. I had enabled GPS in the menu, yet it read "no GPS". My mount weighs just around 11.4 gm. Can someone please throw some light & pictures of the two would be great.

Done that. They don't even understand my problem. Still trying.

How can I differentiate the GPS and non-GPS type mounts of A129 - either visually or by weight or other means.. I ask this because I suspect the online seller sent me a non-GPS mount when I had ordered for a GPS one. I had enabled GPS in the menu, yet it read "no GPS". My mount weighs just around 11.4 gm. Can someone please throw some light & pictures of the two would be great.
a GPS mount for a front camera should have a miniUSB port on it, non-GPS mount has no miniUSB ports on it.

gps-module-for-viofo-a129-car-dash-camera(1)-crop.jpg

Thanks borik Page 11 of manual says that power can be connected to either of the mounts. So I assume the mounts could look the same.

@Harsh, I think you could be right.

Anybody here having the non-GPS mount?? Please post a picture.

Thanks borik Page 11 of manual says that power can be connected to either of the mounts. So I assume the mounts could look the same.
the manual should say that you can power up the camera 2 ways: through a miniUSB port on a GPS mount or through a miniUSB port on a camera.
it makes no sense to make a miniUSB port on a piece of plastic as there is nothing inside. that mount should not have any contacts to transfer a power from a mount to a camera.

@ borik While appreciating your point of view, the manual is quite clear on this (Page11View attachment 41816)
I've not seen the non-gps mount but I would expect it to take power so that you can remove the camera from the car without having to unplug anything, much more convenient for people who always remove the camera from the car when parked. Only works properly if you don't have the rear camera of course.

@ borik While appreciating your point of view, the manual is quite clear on this (Page11View attachment 41816)
every day I learn something new. for example - viofo includes a 90-degree adapter with the camera. why? just power up the camera through a mount, the wire will go from top anyway.
and some people still read the manuals!
swoon.gif

every day I learn something new. for example - viofo includes a 90-degree adapter with the camera. why?
Is that for the rear camera, for people who want to mount it at the very top of the glass, or directly under the brake light?
Might also be useful for people who mount the front camera directly under the mirror housing.

I thought the 90deg adapter (if included by the seller) was only for the power cable, not the power+data cable that runs to the rear camera?

Is it bad if i hide the front camera cable on the left side of the car (driver side) of the car and the rear camera wire on the right (passenger side) ?

Every exemple i see people pass the front cam cable on the passenger side and the rear wire cable on the driver side but i dont understand why.

Is it bad if i hide the front camera cable on the left side of the car (driver side) of the car and the rear camera wire on the right (passenger side) ?

Every exemple i see people pass the front cam cable on the passenger side and the rear wire cable on the driver side but i dont understand why.
Put them both on the opposite side to the radio antenna cable.

Although I put the rear one straight across the roof, above the roof lining (using a stick to push it through.)

@jokiin
The power cable going from my A129 Front cam is hide on the driver side of the car. But on many example online i see them hide on the passenger side.

@Nigel
Any specific reason ?

That's how I routed my cables. But you can do it any way you like.

Back