VIOFO's A129 Duo

@jokiin
The power cable going from my A129 Front cam is hide on the driver side of the car. But on many example online i see them hide on the passenger side.
doesn't matter either way, if there's something that it might interfere with then you would run it on the opposite side, we generally suggest passenger side only because if a cable drops there's less chance that it's going to be in the way of the driver

Thanks for all the response! Lucky me, i almost exclusively listen to song on my phone with bluetooth, so radio interference is not really a problem for me.

How can you tell if your GPS Mount has a GPS Chip in it? I purchased a A129 Kit for $169 USD through Amazon and was received but now that I am looking at the video clips and noticed there are no GPS COORDINATES indicated on any of the Video clips... I set the Menu to GPS ON and the unit was updated to the newest FW update and I re-set it and made sure like 3 times the menu said ON for GPS but the clips do not indicate any GPS Coordinates... Am I doing something wrong I did they send me the wrong MOUNT? is there anything else I should be looking for? Am I missing something? I see a GREEN 0 MPH when I am parked? IS that the GPS Working Partially? Thanks

Am I missing something? I see a GREEN 0 MPH when I am parked? IS that the GPS Working Partially? Thanks
you have to set in the Menu settings what data you want from GPS to be included in your video - all info, speed, or coordinates only. if you had non-GPS mount you would see "no GPS" instead of "GREEN 0 MPH".

you have to set in the Menu settings what data you want from GPS to be included in your video - all info, speed, or coordinates only. if you had non-GPS mount you would see "no GPS" instead of "GREEN 0 MPH".

ok thanks. I'll have to check it tomorrow morning I left it in my car. Thanks. I figured I missed something.

I've not seen the non-gps mount but I would expect it to take power so that you can remove the camera from the car without having to unplug anything, much more convenient for people who always remove the camera from the car when parked. Only works properly if you don't have the rear camera of course.
Yes, it is designed for user who only get the main camera, so can power from mount, easy to remove the camera.
In future, we will print no GPS on the mount for non GPS mount.

If the camera doesn't support GPS, there will be no satellite icon showed on the screen after GPS enabled in the menu.

If the camera doesn't support GPS, there will be no satellite icon showed on the screen after GPS enabled in the menu.
if the camera doesn't support GPS there should be no entry in a Menu to enable it.

if the camera doesn't support GPS there should be no entry in a Menu to enable it.
The camera unit always supports GPS. You may have GPS and non-GPS mounts in different vehicles if you move your camera around.

So to clarify the comment by @viofo, if the MOUNT does not support GPS, there will be no satellite icon showed on the screen after GPS enabled in the menu

The camera unit always supports GPS. You may have GPS and non-GPS mounts in different vehicles if you move your camera around.

So to clarify the comment by @viofo, if the MOUNT does not support GPS, there will be no satellite icon showed on the screen after GPS enabled in the menu
I see your confusion. the camera mount either has a GPS built in to it or doesn't have it. it's not a support.
support means the ability to do something on a hardware level, if you implement (allow to use) it in a firmware (software level) you can use it.
it's like HDR function, it's supported by a Novatek chipset in a camera (supported by a hardware) but not implemented in a current firmware (software) so you can't use it.
smile3.gif

I see your confusion. the camera mount either has a GPS built in to it or doesn't have it. it's not a support.
support means the ability to do something on a hardware level, if you implement (allow to use) it in a firmware (software level) you can use it.
it's like HDR function, it's supported by a Novatek chipset in a camera (supported by a hardware) but not implemented in a current firmware (software) so you can't use it.
smile3.gif
Thanks for your clarification, I understand "support" better.

I just ordered my A129+bluetooth button directly from VIOFO's website. I don't want to risk another camera of uncertain origin and questionable quality from Amazon.
I want to buy a Cellink Neo - is the 3-wire hardwire kit still necessary with that battery pack for parking mode?

Back