VIOFO's A129 Duo

yes I'm sure, the Neo is three wire input and output, needs the three wire hardwire kit to take advantage of that
Ok i understand that, but theoratically, if i don't want to bother with the hardwire kit, and want to use the system only from the cig lighter?

the question related to using the Cellink Neo, not the same situation
And what about his situation:
Using the Neo from the cig lighter, and the A129 powered from the Neo? Would it switch to parking mode based on the GPS/delay?

the Neo is just replacing the vehicle battery, if you use it 2 wire then it will only offer whatever functionality is available in 2 wire mode

the Neo is just replacing the vehicle battery, if you use it 2 wire then it will only offer whatever functionality is available in 2 wire mode
But as i've found somewhere else for A129:
Switch from driving to parked mode - Switches to parked mode when accelerometer doesn't detect movement for X minutes.
?

jokiin wrote that 3 wires kit is needed for about automatic switching for parking mode. Your bolded text is for the situation when using default power adapter or a hardwire kit with 2 wires.

enjoy,
Mtz

jokiin wrote that 3 wires kit is needed for about automatic switching for parking mode. Your bolded text is for the situation when using default power adapter or a hardwire kit with 2 wires.

enjoy,
Mtz

Everything started from this: I want to buy a Cellink Neo - is the 3-wire hardwire kit still necessary with that battery pack for parking mode?
And because i am planning to do the same, i am interested in it. I think it can also change to parking mode with the 2-wire connection. Or am i wrong?

the three wire parking mode is a better option, if you were investing in a Cellink Neo that supports 3 wire output it would be crazy not to use that function
That is the correct answer, thanks! :)
(so i shall be able to use the parking mode until the 3-wire HW kit will be available)

Been looking at the A129 Duo lately. Looks like everyone's selling them for USD $170. Any hints on when there will be a sale or good time to buy?

Been looking at the A129 Duo lately. Looks like everyone's selling them for USD $170. Any hints on when there will be a sale or good time to buy?

Occasionally eBay runs a coupon code for xx% off sitewide. People used what I believe was a 20% off code that was out shortly after the A129 release and picked up the A129 for $135.

Thanks. Any recommendations on how to get alerts for these short lived discounts? I just started using Slickdeals but I'm not too familiar with these bargain hunting sites.

They were on Amazon Lightning deal for 143 not too long ago. Maybe it'll come back there soon.

@Harsh Did you try the A129 as a side-facing camera?

From what I saw during the limited trial run, definitely an upgrade if compared to the B1W. Only drawback I see is a much bigger camera looking out the rear.
I have fixed rear windows behind the rear doors. I might put the main camera unit on one side instead of looking out the rear.

Back