VIOFO's A129 Duo

Cam stolen from car last night, only the front and left everything else (charger, gps mount etc). Any chance the rear camera has any local memory?

Cam stolen from car last night, only the front and left everything else (charger, gps mount etc). Any chance the rear camera has any local memory?

That sucks. Nope, files are saved to the main unit, rear camera is just the lens and the sensor.

That sucks. Nope, files are saved to the main unit, rear camera is just the lens and the sensor.
Thanks for the quick reply, wishful thinking.

This is why a remote DVR is good. Viofo have the slave cameras from A129 Duo so they need to create just the main unit.

enjoy,
Mtz

This is why a remote DVR is good. Viofo have the slave cameras from A129 Duo so they need to create just the main unit.

enjoy,
Mtz
do you know if they work on a main unit that will work with more than 1 slave camera?

I don't know, but when I saw they already created a slave camera (for A129 Duo) and have the dual channel technology then I supposed they will create someday a remote DVR by creating the case and new connectors for the slave cameras. But even if they will create it I don't see it on the market in less than 3 months from now.

enjoy,
Mtz

I don't know, but when I saw they already created a slave camera (for A129 Duo) and have the dual channel technology then I supposed they will create someday a remote DVR by creating the case and new connectors for the slave cameras. But even if they will create it I don't see it on the market in less than 3 months from now.

enjoy,
Mtz
I agree that technically the step from A129 to a dual remote camera is not very big. Plus there seems to be plenty of consumer interest in such a camera, so I'm sure Viofo are working on this already.

I don't think a Viofo remote DVR will sell better compared to Viofo A129 Duo just because people still like to have a display for their camera. But if the market is not full of such cameras type then it can sell good because some people want remote DVR.

enjoy,
Mtz

Dual remote will be a good option for covering the sides. If possible, make the remote cameras even smaller.

Does Viofo or any of their reputable sellers tend to offer Black Friday or holiday specials? I’m having a hard time buying the front camera to replace a partially stolen one at full price again (literally had it installed for a month before stolen and have all parts cables mounts still so it kind of hurts!)...

Does Viofo or any of their reputable sellers tend to offer Black Friday or holiday specials? I’m having a hard time buying the front camera to replace a partially stolen one at full price again (literally had it installed for a month before stolen and have all parts cables mounts still so it kind of hurts!)...
That's a bummer man, sorry that happened to you. Maybe try emailing Viofo and see if they can work something out with you.

I always worry about my cam getting stolen. How did they thief/thieves do it? Did they smash your window? Also do you think they solely targeted your dashcam or were there other things stolen as well?

Edit: This might be a long-shot but you should look into your credit card policy (assuming that's what you bought the camera with) and see if there is any insurance or buyer protection that could possibly cover this.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll reach out to Viofo.

Yeah well sort of my fault as doors were unlocked. I live in a quiet neighborhood and car was in driveway a security camera right overhead so I didn’t usually make sure doors were locked before heading to bed. Unfortunately the camera wasn’t recording so wasn’t able to collect any evidence.

No window broken, what was interesting is that they only took 3 things- the dash cam front camera, a pair of sunglasses and a power bank. They left the rear camera, all chargers and cables, the gps mount, other sunglasses (more expensive), strollers, a coach diaper bag etc. so I take it that they were in a big rush and once they got the dash cam and the first pair of sunglasses other they got spooked (maybe they saw the camera) or they figured it was enough...

I looked into the CC protection and they do cover theft but it’s in excess of other insurance. Since it was stolen from the car id have to file a comprehensive claim first. The stuff stolen is so close to the $250 deductible that it’s not worth the potential rate increase later.

Thank you again

Hey as a result of this event, one of the features I’d request (or love to know if it’s part of existing functionality) is to encrypt or otherwise password protect the folder or files on the MicroSD card. One of the more creepy thoughts we’ve had is that the thief now has a record of our patters, such as where we drive to when we leave to work and get home etc. the piece of mind knowing it was at least password protected would go a long way!

Sorry to hear your viofo was stolen, I know how it feels, they stole my Blackvue 750 that's why I replaced it with the viofo, actually I like viofo better then the more expensive blackvue. I also worried that they had my SD card information with my driving data, well nothing one can do now. Nothing is private anymore. Anyways they probably just stole it, I doubt they want to look at the data on it. I alway lock my doors and alarm set, as times like these one must be vigilant. I too want to know if one can "lock" the SD Card data, I would love that feature...

Last edited:

Sorry to hear you got jacked. Dashoto is running a 10% off sale on the A129 w/ promo on their site, Halloween special... They're based in Seattle.

Thanks for the information and links, unfortunately they only sell the duo and not just front camera. But good to know of a local PNW company.

With the CPL filters is the front and rear the same one? Can i use the CPL filter from my A119s on the A129?

I'm going to change all my Mini 0807 over to A129. Sick of the constant software glitches.

Front and rear are using same CPL. Great idea!

enjoy,
Mtyz

A119 series CPL works. There's a bit of vignetting, see videos a page or two back.

Thanks for the info. Guess it's still worth having it then.

Also with the hardwire kit can someone link me a proper one as I'm seeing a lot of different variants and no sure which to pick.

Back