What do you like most about the dash cameras?

I'll let jokin's, & niko's posts speak for me, as they hit it spot on & I can't add anything more.

btw...as he steps on soapbox....I no more love my DCs, then any other material object....I save that term for some of the people & all of the animals in my life.....stepping off soapbox.

@ DashCams Direct.... well I am glad its that way round and not ( handle a woman like you would handle a dashcam ) IE send them back for a refund when they are not working properly, just think of the postage costs let alone wrapping them up........... snip..........

How do u accomplish that???.....when I returned my 2 ex-wives, not only did I not get a refund, I had to pay one hell of a service charge!

@Ipol ........snip.......I never do laundry. ......snip......

remind me to sit downwind from u* if we ever have a brewski together.:eek:

*this will benefit both of us, as I'm reducing my water bill by only showering once a week, whether I need it or not.

thanks boys and girls for the chat and chuckles gotta close for the evening my lovely lady suffered an AVC and her heart stopped twice while on a dialyse machine back in november so for the rest of the evening I intend to give her all my loving attention......@ extraoneya seeing as you are near to the ocean.......Get down to the beach.....just dont scare the fish.....Ipol :) good night all.

Dashcam saved my insurance premium, insurance was going 50/50 since there were no independent witnesses...then I presented the video.

As I drive a signwritten vehicle for my job, all the nobjockeys I upset on the roads think they can get me into trouble by ringing my boss & complaining about my appalling driving.
Boss takes their name & number & tells them he'll review the dashcam footage - the morons get a quick change of heart.
Without the camera showing all the idiots cutting me up etc, I might have lost my job by now.

And what I like LEAST about dashcams is that manufacturers still expect us to fix that dirty great big lump of plastic to our windscreens, obscuring our view and inviting thieves/chancers to have a go.
The only stealth options seem to be the likes of Mobius - which are action cams that happen to have dashcam features.
Come on manufacturers, remote lenses with the ability to hide the main DVR in a glove box or under the dash. The Mobius gives us a 20cm lens extension but surely we can go longer?

Thats true. Same as the infrared LED's. Totally useless.
Its maybe useful for a dashcam that records the street and the inside of the car. And the infrared LED is on the inside so you can see what happens at night. That would be good for Taxi's

Oh yeah - "this dashcam's got night vision":rolleyes:

Back