When i will able to buy viofo a119 ?

Here's a recent A 119 video from Viofo:

Last edited:
not about the power its about the signal from the GPS
The USB cable in this case is really JUST for power. The actual gps data goes direct from the gps antenna in the mount to the camera via the little pin connectors on the camera side of the mount. The USB cable has nothing to do with the gps at all.

I haven't seen the edges of the gps mount to see if it has a mini USB socket. @CaptureYourAction - can you check and maybe post a picture of different angles of the gps mount? Would be great if it had the power plug on the base so you could quickly remove or install the camera without having to fiddle with a cable connection.

Postman just delivered my A119 here in the UK. Very impressed with speed of delivery!! Will post a review later...

The USB cable in this case is really JUST for power. The actual gps data goes direct from the gps antenna in the mount to the camera via the little pin connectors on the camera side of the mount. The USB cable has nothing to do with the gps at all.

I haven't seen the edges of the gps mount to see if it has a mini USB socket. @CaptureYourAction - can you check and maybe post a picture of different angles of the gps mount? Would be great if it had the power plug on the base so you could quickly remove or install the camera without having to fiddle with a cable connection.
Thank you for ur information. I have a friend who owns a Garmin 35. The GPS is built in and He tried to use a regular power cable and the GPS did not work until he used the power cable that was supplied. He called tech support at Garmin and they said he had to use the power cord that came with the unit as it is compatible for GPS.

Here's a recent A 119 video from Viofo:

Did u find that the video was a bit hazy (blurry)? Maybe It's my eyes but it seems not to be so sharp. Did you remove the protective plastic covering the lens? It has a good color but not as sharp that I had expected. I was comparing it side by side to the video of the Street Guardian SG9665GC V2

Yes, there is a mini USB socket on the GPS mount. You'll be able to leave it plugged in if you want to remove the camera. The plug is on the top of the mount (so it would come out the top when mounted). I'll try and post some pictures in a little bit.

Correct, an angle plug would be nice for non-GPS units. I have some on order and will include them with all the A119 (GPS and non-GPS) when they arrive. Angle plug could still be useful for GPS units if your able to mount the camera up really high.

Did u find that the video was a bit hazy (blurry)? Maybe It's my eyes but it seems not to be so sharp. Did you remove the protective plastic covering the lens? It has a good color but not as sharp that I had expected. I was comparing it side by side to the video of the Street Guardian SG9665GC V2

Viofo posted that clip 2 days ago ... ( I will be getting mine Tuesday: Prime shipping with Amazon 2 day... what a difference from gb 33 days!)

I am getting the A119 mostly for the Capacitors, to see how it compares to Battery type... and I am done buying anymore, until I can justify spending $300 on OPIA 2

Here's another compare between A119 and A 261 (I have one, which I can compare with) :

I find the A261 is a little sharper (pic), and A119 has better colors, but a little darker.

To buy before it's all gone by Monday:

Only 7 left (yesterday they had 13 listed)....

or this from unknown place:

by Blueskysea
Price: $96.49 & FREE Shipping

Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.
Estimated Delivery Date: Aug. 10 - 26
when you choose Standard at checkout.
In Stock.

Ships from and sold by BAIKLOV.

It sounds even scarier than GB.

Last edited:

From the skimpy manual:

Note:

① For GPS version mount, please insert the USB plug into the USB port on the mount.

② For non-GPS version mount, just insert the USB plug into the USB port on the camera.

My foxoffer.com arrived yesterday in NYC. Getting close now.

Got mine today from FoxOffer. Packaging was adequate and the camera itself seems very nice.

Viofo posted that clip 2 days ago ... ( I will be getting mine Tuesday: Prime shipping with Amazon 2 day... what a difference from gb 33 days!)

I am getting the A119 mostly for the Capacitors, to see how it compares to Battery type... and I am done buying anymore, until I can justify spending $300 on OPIA 2

Here's another compare between A119 and A 261 (I have one, which I can compare with) :

I find the A261 is a little sharper (pic), and A119 has better colors, but a little darker.

To buy before it's all gone by Monday:

Only 7 left (yesterday they had 13 listed)....

or this from unknown place:

by Blueskysea
Price: $96.49 & FREE Shipping

Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.
Estimated Delivery Date: Aug. 10 - 26
when you choose Standard at checkout.
In Stock.

Ships from and sold by BAIKLOV.

It sounds even scarier than GB.
Ambarrela in A261 render yellow, novatek in 119 render green.
A261 have a larger FOV than 119. But the detail of A261 has as fully as 119 has.
Do you have another footage ? night footage in side by side comparission ?

Last edited:
Ambarrela in A261 render yellow, novatek in 119 render green.
A261 have a bigger FOV than 119. But the detail of A261 has as fully as 119 has.
Do you have another footage ? night footage in side by side comparission ?

yes... here it is:

But this is my best clip: almost perfect for the price:

yes... here it is:

Hmm, the night time video quality of the A119 doesn't look that good to me compared to the other one. I thought it would be a big improvement over the A118C, but doesn't look like it to me. Not sure if I'm going to regret the order that I already placed.

Hmm, the night time video quality of the A119 doesn't look that good to me compared to the other one. I thought it would be a big improvement over the A118C, but doesn't look like it to me. Not sure if I'm going to regret the order that I already placed.

it is a lot better at night than the 118, YouTube isn't a great place to judge at the best of times

why ? But the A261 has a better image quality ?

Clear.jpg

I meant the A119 Video (by itself) is clear/natural vibrant colors, even on a cloudy day... you can read the 7-Eleven SIgn sideway and the blue Pick up license plate from a distance (In this Pic), not to mention the Taxi; No glare/halo from the REd Light (though the side Light Poles show some distortions)... no yellow tint like A261.

Let's hope that they used half way decent Capacitors which will not fail very quickly... all in all it looks like a very decent Cam for $85.

Last edited:
Back