When i will able to buy viofo a119 ?

AFTER READING WHAT YOU WROTE: I am hesitant and a bit leery of purchasing the A119 . I do not want to end up with an "a119" knock off. Some Sellers may be ordering that item from different manufacturers. Who knows if I order the A119 what would I receive , the real A119 or a knock off? My opinion is to pay a bit more and buy a Street Guardian SG9665GC v2 2016 edition. You know you will receive the authentic SG9665GC v2 2016 edition with a Seller that is always close by and who deals out of USA not China. So if it is a wedge design you want think about the SG9665GC v2 2016 edition. If I can be assured that I would get a genuine A119 I may buy it. But who knows?
What Viofo said was if you want the A118-C, Spytec sells the authentic model. If there is any question about getting an authentic A119, you can go to the Viofo website and find where to buy it.

What Viofo said was if you want the A118-C, Spytec sells the authentic model. If there is any question about getting an authentic A119, you can go to the Viofo website and find where to buy it.
Thanks for your input. Will definitely contact Spy Tec, Because they sell on Amazon.CA

Is the spy tech version on amazon manufactured by viofo? I noticed the pictures don't have the Viofo branding on the dash cam.

@viofo
What do you mean by "original"? Does that mean authentic? Not fake? Not counterfeit? Not some unknown generic? Or does "original" mean some older, pre-production or prototype version? Is the only difference that the Spytec A119 just doesn't have the VIOFO logo? What else is different about it?

Please be clear: is this A119 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01HMZVYLY) the EXACT SAME A119 as the VIOFO A119 currently on foxoffer.com?

And if it is indeed the same A119, how will future firmware updates be handled? Will the Spytec A119 be able to use the same firmware updates as the VIOFO A119?

@spytec
Are you shipping the A119 from US or China? If I order today, do you actually have them in hand and I am going to receive it in a few days? Or will it actually ship from China and I'll be receiving it in a few weeks (to central US)?

Thank you.
The original mean is produced by us, not from other manufacture, as I said before, we are the first who introduced the A118 or B40 capacitor version to the market.
If it is coming from us, it will get continuous support and firmware update. Also we planned improving the A118C in near future, but other manufacture does not care such improvement.

Currently SpyTec have VIOFO version on Amazon, so you can trust them, but they have plan to make SpyTec version, at least their version will come with better detailed manual.

AFTER READING WHAT YOU WROTE: I am hesitant and a bit leery of purchasing the A119 . I do not want to end up with an "a119" knock off. Some Sellers may be ordering that item from different manufacturers. Who knows if I order the A119 what would I receive , the real A119 or a knock off? My opinion is to pay a bit more and buy a Street Guardian SG9665GC v2 2016 edition. You know you will receive the authentic SG9665GC v2 2016 edition with a Seller that is always close by and who deals out of USA not China. So if it is a wedge design you want think about the SG9665GC v2 2016 edition. If I can be assured that I would get a genuine A119 I may buy it. But who knows?
There is only one version A119 in the market and produced from us, we do design and development for A119, I don't think there is copy version in the market now.
For B40 or A118C, the case is designed by other company, we buy the case from them instead of copy and produce the case by our-self like other manufactures.

AFTER READING WHAT YOU WROTE: I am hesitant and a bit leery of purchasing the A119 . I do not want to end up with an "a119" knock off. Some Sellers may be ordering that item from different manufacturers. Who knows if I order the A119 what would I receive , the real A119 or a knock off?

there is no knockoff A119 at this time, it took many months (almost a year) before the copy version of A118C came to market, the same factories that did that copy might try and copy the A119 but I know that right now there's no copy and they have no access to get the tooling to be able to make their own, the A118 tooling was available from a few different sources so it was easier for them to cheat with that one

The original mean is produced by us, not from other manufacture, as I said before, we are the first who introduced the A118 or B40 capacitor version to the market.
If it is coming from us, it will get continuous support and firmware update. Also we planned improving the A118C in near future, but other manufacture does not care such improvement.

Currently SpyTec have VIOFO version on Amazon, so you can trust them, but they have plan to make SpyTec version, at least their version will come with better detailed manual.

I appreciate the reply but I don't care about the A118 or its history. Your reponses are almost entirely about the A118. Either that or I find it painful to figure out whether you're talking about the A118 or A119 from one sentence to the next. My entire post was about the A119. Your response was almost entirely about the A118. Again, I only care about the A119.

Let's try this another way.

1. (A119 only) Please confirm this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/B01HMZVYLY is the EXACT SAME A119 as the VIOFO A119 currently on foxoffer.com.

2. (A119 only) What is different about the one Spytec is selling aside from no VIOFO logo (link above)?

3. (A119 only) How will future firmware updates be handled with the one Spytec is selling (link above)? Will the Spytec A119 be able to use the same firmware updates as the VIOFO A119 or will there be compatibility and/or other issues?

Please just simply and clearly and answer these 3 questions. I don't mean to be pedantic about this but I simply want clear, unequivocal answers so I can be confident about my purchase. I plan to buy at least 1o of these so I want NO CONFUSION!

Thank you

Hi,

We only have stock in the US for the non GPS model on our Amazon.com product page. The A119 will ship from the US (We are located in the US).

Thanks!

Ok. Thanks for the reply on the shipping and stock. I'm still waiting to find out/understand EXACTLY what is/is not different about the one you're selling.

I appreciate the reply but I don't care about the A118 or its history. Your reponses are almost entirely about the A118. Either that or I find it painful to figure out whether you're talking about the A118 or A119 from one sentence to the next. My entire post was about the A119. Your response was almost entirely about the A118. Again, I only care about the A119.

1. (A119 only) Please confirm this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/B01HMZVYLY is the EXACT SAME A119 as the VIOFO A119 currently on foxoffer.com.

2. (A119 only) What is different about the one Spytec is selling aside from no VIOFO logo (link above)?

3. (A119 only) How will future firmware updates be handled with the one Spytec is selling (link above)? Will the Spytec A119 be able to use the same firmware updates as the VIOFO A119 or will there be compatibility and/or other issues?

Please just simply and clearly and answer these 3 questions. I don't mean to be pedantic about this but I simply want clear, unequivocal answers so I can be confident about my purchase. I plan to buy at least 1o of these so I want NO CONFUSION!

Thank you
Currently the Spy Tec version is same as VIOFO version, even in future they make their own brand version, the firmware will be compatible or sync with our version.

they have plan to make SpyTec version, at least their version will come with better detailed manual.

Hey @viofo - I know a guy who spends a lot of his time at work writing technical documentation - some user-facing, some for internal use or IT staff only. This guy is a native English speaker, and can make his documentation as simple or as complex as needed. He also likes to take things apart and see how they work. You know this guy too - he is/was one of the people in the A119 pre-production test. His avatar/icon here is a guy playing with fire. :D He can probably help you make a manual written in proper english and with plenty of detail.

(actually that photo is me simply putting another log on the campfire, which stirred up a bunch of sparks, but because it was such low light, it's very blurry and the sparks look really cool)

as for @spytec - i am a satisfied customer of theirs. my first real dashcam (the original battery A118, before the A118C even existed) came from them. They're in New York, so shipping is fast. I say "real" because my first actual dashcam was an F70, which i bought from some random seller on ebay, and it was a piece of junk. i mean, the F70 was better than nothing, but only during the day. at night it might as well have been unplugged - the video was worthless.

that same A118 still works fine today (which is surprising considering the texas heat - i haven't even had to replace the battery yet!), and I plan to install it as a side-facing cam in my truck now that I have the pre-production A119 facing front.

and when @viofo says that spytec will make their own brand... all that means is the logo on the body of the camera will be different, and maybe the box and bootup logo will be different, but that's it. the core device will still be the same. that's how it usually works with cameras like this which are sold wholesale.

...This guy is a native English speaker...
He seems to use a lot of spelling mistakes, and strange words in odd places for a "native English" person, even in that sentence the use of the word "guy" is not real English, should be "person" :D

there is no knockoff A119 at this time, it took many months (almost a year) before the copy version of A118C came to market, the same factories that did that copy might try and copy the A119 but I know that right now there's no copy and they have no access to get the tooling to be able to make their own, the A118 tooling was available from a few different sources so it was easier for them to cheat with that one
Finally.... someone stepped up with a logical simple explanation. After the above reply we should just put all this to bed now knowing now 100% that Spy Tec is selling the genuine A119. Thank you jokiin

Thank you
O my God!!! it's just a dash cam. Read what jokiin replied to make u feel better.

Last edited:
He seems to use a lot of spelling mistakes, and strange words in odd places for a "native English" person, even in that sentence the use of the word "guy" is not real English, should be "person" :D
that guy apologizes for not running his informal internet forum posts through a spelling and grammar checker before posting them. :p

as for the use of "guy" - i don't mean the name soome men have in France, pronounced GEE with a hard G sound...

Edit: I also never mentioned anything about the King's English... which reminds me of this anecdote:

Teacher: Johnny, "Ain't" is not a proper word in the King's English.
Johnny: Sure it is, ma'am. Elvis used it all the time!

Last edited:
the Viofo product is what Spytec are selling right now, there is no other variant at this time

Thanks... but
Are the 2 related?
Who will service it if need be? here in the US or in China?

Thanks... but
Are the 2 related?
Who will service it if need be? here in the US or in China?
No one will service it After the 1 yr warranty ends, your a119 becomes a throw away if it breaks Soooo take out the extended warranty

No one will service it After the 1 yr warranty ends, your a119 becomes a throw away if it breaks Soooo take out the extended warranty
If it breaks during the 1 yr then I think it will be replaced, but u need to verify that Try to deal with a USA seller its better for u

We will provide warranty support for 1 year on the A119.

On Amazon It says:

"Package includes: 1 x A119 Car Camera 1 x Non GPS Mount 1 x GPS Mount (Optional) 1 x Dual USB Car Adapter 1 x USB Cable 5 x Clips 1 x Mount Detaching String 1 x User Manual"
I assume all of the above are included with the A119 at no additional cost...

What is a Mount Detaching String?

What kind of mount? suction?
How much is the GPS Mount? Is that all you need for the A119 to become GPS functional?

How about SD card?

Amazon does not show accessories Pics.

Back