Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

A118 recently replaced an old 720p X8L. Interestingly enough they both use the same GPS module.

Don't mind the dirty windshield, they are impossible to keep clean during a Montreal winter.

Outside view:

Close up:

Inside:

Pat

Reactions: Mtz
A118 recently replaced an old 720p X8L. Interestingly enough they both use the same GPS module.

Don't mind the dirty windshield, they are impossible to keep clean during a Montreal winter.

Outside view:

Close up:

Inside:

Pat

That white thing above the mirror gives away your camera!

BTW how is it compared to the hero 2?

That white thing above the mirror gives away your camera!
BTW how is it compared to the hero 2?

Yup, I don't mind that, I want my camera to be visible... it's more there as a deterrent to vandals while my car is parked at work than anything else.

It's quality isn't up to par with the GoPro, but it's close enough for the use I have.

Yup, I don't mind that, I want my camera to be visible... it's more there as a deterrent to vandals while my car is parked at work than anything else.

It's quality isn't up to par with the GoPro, but it's close enough for the use I have.

Might as well get a G1WH lol

Might as well get a G1WH lol

My ultimate goal to have my dashcam discrete as possible of course it won't 100% but it'll be dame near. I'll be looking at the Mobius and the Mini 0805 for my next dashcam.

slipped in a reverse camera !!!

BILD0978.JPG

fed that to a 7 inch mirror mount.... set at each line 2ft from rear of car...

BILD0979.JPG

then hooked up my rear dashcam which now gives a better picture with brightness contrast and colour reduced.....( I ve learned to drive with the picture mirrored )

BILD0980.JPG

Attachments

• BILD0978.JPG
    BILD0978.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 21
  • BILD0979.JPG
    BILD0979.JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 19
So as I understand it when using your RVM during driving you also see that Dash Cam gubbins there as well?

Here is my G90 final mounting place. It took me many months as you know the G90 has a poor mount. Finally, I bought a GPS mounting adhesive plate and placed it on the black dotted area and used vaseline. I also used a cigarette socket with usb ports to connect my dashcam, which fixed the issue with radio interference. My dashcam does have battery issues now. The G90 is bulky and is noticeable from the outside but it works for now at least.

dashcam.jpg dashcam3.jpg dashcam2.jpg

Here is my G90 final mounting place. It took me many months as you know the G90 has a poor mount. Finally, I bought a GPS mounting adhesive plate and placed it on the black dotted area and used vaseline. I also used a cigarette socket with usb ports to connect my dashcam, which fixed the issue with radio interference. My dashcam does have battery issues now. The G90 is bulky and is noticeable from the outside but it works for now at least.

View attachment 11224 View attachment 11227 View attachment 11228
I like dashcam that's noticeable from outside.
People change their behavior and be careful while driving once they see it. :D

I like dashcam that's noticeable from outside.
People change their behavior and be careful while driving once they see it. :D
yea well maybe visible while driving, but while parked, i want it discrete! too much theft and cars being broken into to risk while parked.

yea well maybe visible while driving, but while parked, i want it discrete! too much theft and cars being broken into to risk while parked.

Debatable. Why steal a plastic looking Mobius for example? If people go running a ruddy GoPro like newbies seem to think is the way forward, then yes, please steal it! I have had no qualms leaving my Mobius up for last 13 months. But then I have spent 95% of my time in North/East Essex and it isn't that rough, and it only cost me £50.

Guys, I am looking for a way to mount a Mobius as a rear dash cam. I feel the best spot is on the head liner. I am thinking of attaching a small magnet that is fixed to the headliner using a 3 M tape. I already have these Scoshe mounting plates inside the camera. My biggest concern is whether the 3M tape will damage the headliner when I try to remove it at a later point. Anybody has any experience or suggestions on this?

I initially fixed my Mobius to the headlining using 3M Dual Lock Reclosable Tape SJ4570. The inability to aim the camera optimally, & the weakness of the bond with the headlining material made this location impractical.

View attachment 1858
If you use 3M tape, won't it damage the headliner when you take it off?

Hey everyone!

This is my setup in my Subaru Forester 2014. Dual (pro tempore?) Mini 0803 + Mobius in front and Mobius in the rear.

piNXD95.jpg

Rear: Mobius B
qypene7y.jpg

What mount did you guys use for the rear Mobius?

Last edited:
I bendt some thin metal, taped it to the mobius, and then put a neodymium magnet on the metal frame of my hatch in the back.
The lens is 1 - 2 mm from the glass and i have none of the heater elements in the footage, works like a charm and easy to pull when i need to get footage of it.

My ultimate goal to have my dashcam discrete as possible of course it won't 100% but it'll be dame near. I'll be looking at the Mobius and the Mini 0805 for my next dashcam.

You could get 0806 instead

Last edited by a moderator:
... What mount did you guys use for the rear Mobius?

Hey Unni.

I used this one, from a JVC Adixxion GC-XA1.
iUmw7uS.png

And this is the final setup in my 2014 Subaru Forester.
DKljpxQ.jpg

TRCN2GY.jpg

72yzFhm.jpg

NlEQkLw.jpg

r1Jun2K.jpg

qJsnMto.jpg

Y2oPK4g.jpg

uIof4p1.jpg

CKbQjMz.jpg

Last edited:
Back