Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

Great job on the Mobius; I'm looking into the mobius myself. How difficult was it to mount and hardwire? Also what is the viewing angle? Thanks.

Great job on the Mobius; I'm looking into the mobius myself. How difficult was it to mount and hardwire? Also what is the viewing angle? Thanks.
Thanks Man, it's a pretty good camera from what I can tell after only a few days of use.
As far as the difficulty is concerned, I consider myself fairly mechanically inclined, and I drive a seven year old American truck which might not be as well put together as its European or Japanese counterparts, so for me it was easy.
For the viewing angle, I'm not totally sure what you are referring to. There is a picture on post number 454 that shows what my camera sees if that is what you mean.

There is a couple of options with the mobius cameras, there is a narrow and wide option A/B lens.
The grey gooo between my ears havent stored any exact angle numbers, the wide "B" is prefered among ppl as it is a little better at night.

I'm looking into the mobius myself ... what is the viewing angle?

Mobius has a choice of 2 lenses. Horizontal Field of View (HFOV) = 85deg (standard lens A) & 116deg (wide angle lens B). Not only that, but you can alter the angle of view for each Mobius lens 3 ways via selection within firmware. The Wide Angle lens, for instance can vary from 116deg (1080p/30) to 63deg (720p/60).

Mobius has a choice of 2 lenses. Horizontal Field of View (HFOV) = 85deg (standard lens A) & 116deg (wide angle lens B). Not only that, but you can alter the angle of view for each Mobius lens 3 ways via selection within firmware. The Wide Angle lens, for instance can vary from 116deg (1080p/30) to 63deg (720p/60).

Thanks. Which lens comes standard with the mobius? I'm assuming the other lenses are sold separately. Other dashcams have like 135 degree or above viewing angles so would what the mobius has be sufficient enough?

Thanks. Which lens comes standard with the mobius? I'm assuming the other lenses are sold separately. Other dashcams have like 135 degree or above viewing angles so would what the mobius has be sufficient enough?

Choose standard or wide angle lens when selecting which Mobius to buy.

Most DashCams quote diagonal field of view figures, which gives a misleadingly exaggerated impression of the actual FOV.

The standard Mobius lens is possibly the narrowest in use as a DashCam, nevertheless it's very popular.

The wide angle lens is about the same as the typical DashCam in terms of actual FOV. Example...

(Mobius B is bottom left)

here is my Mobius installation to the rear. very stealth. hardly see it. mounted it under the roof lining with 20cm lens extension.
and a picture of the image it records. probably try a wide angle lens on it soon, I have one here.

Attachments

• IMG_9301_.jpg
    IMG_9301_.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_9303_.jpg
    IMG_9303_.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 273
  • Mobius-rear-view.jpg
    Mobius-rear-view.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 251
wozzzzza your 'very stealthy' installation - how difficult is it to get at the camera to retrieve the card?

wozzzzza your 'very stealthy' installation - how difficult is it to get at the camera to retrieve the card?
just a matter of take a clip out, lining drops down a bit, put a few fingers in and pull out the Mobius that's got a magnet holding it to the roof, eject card. done.
im getting a SD Card extension cable soon, on order, will use that, 60cm, put it in an easier to access location so I don't have to touch the roof lining any more.

Okay - I just wished I could get my roof lining down enough to push a cable in let alone fit such a small camera as that.

Great job on the installation; just curious where did you buy your mobius? I was thinking straight from the manufacturer. Also would you recommend also buying a car installation kit for the mobius? That would come with a mount, car charger, etc. Thanks in advance.

Choose standard or wide angle lens when selecting which Mobius to buy.

Most DashCams quote diagonal field of view figures, which gives a misleadingly exaggerated impression of the actual FOV.

The standard Mobius lens is possibly the narrowest in use as a DashCam, nevertheless it's very popular.

The wide angle lens is about the same as the typical DashCam in terms of actual FOV. Example...

(Mobius B is bottom left)

Looks very clear, I'm surprised mobius can stand up to the panorama very well at night

Panorama G

Pic taken with car facing full afternoon sun

34j9nc3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking cam, but im sure it will soon be covered in road dirt mounted there!

You are right, it got dirt the end, but people just wont to have fun to see what can record in this position.

The C3 has mounts to put it anywhere. ;)

Back