which one to meet my criteria?

johnnyle

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello everyone, this is my 1st post in this forum, although I have been following, reading posts in here for a while. I want to get a dash cam for my new car and not sure which one to choose from. After reading some posts in here, I think the Street Guardian would be a good brand to go with, however, I am having trouble of picking the right model.
I was surfing on their website, and I found apart from the SG9665GC V2, which has been recommended to people quite a lot in here. There is also a model called SGZC12SG v2, as well as SGZC12SS. I am not sure which one to go with.

Price:
SGZC12SG v2 is around AU$ 388 (ebay)
SG9665GC V2 is around AU$240 (ebay)
and couldnt find the price for SGZC12SS.

I only noticed the difference of these models is the SG9665GC V2 doesn't have the touch screen. Not sure if there are any other difference between them. if yes, is it worth the AU$150?

My needs is just a dash cam with good video day and night, reliable coz I dont want to buy one and have to replace it in only a few months or after a year.
Another concern is that I live in Perth, Aus. and I heard that the temperature in here during the summer is very high. I wonder if these model can handle daytime driving under that heat?

Thank in advance. and this is my 1st post so sorry for anything mistake or typo I have made.

Thanks again.

Welcome to the forum @johnnyle Street Guardian is an excellent brand with outstanding customer service and support. I have the SG9665GC and have found it to be a great camera. Good luck

Welcome to the forum @johnnyle Street Guardian is an excellent brand with outstanding customer service and support. I have the SG9665GC and have found it to be a great camera. Good luck
Thanks mate, I read a few post and all positive feedback too. Just now considering these options as only the SG9665GC is reviewed in here, not the others.

If you want a discreet dashcam, you may choise SG9665GC with small LCD.
If you want a reliable dashcam with parking mode which can record even when you are not around. You may choise SGZC12SG. If you want dual cam: front and rear, you may choise SGZC12RC.
All of SG cam is reliable and pretty easy to install.

If you want a discreet dashcam, you may choise SG9665GC with small LCD.
If you want a reliable dashcam with parking mode which can record even when you are not around. You may choise SGZC12SG. If you want dual cam: front and rear, you may choise SGZC12RC.
All of SG cam is reliable and pretty easy to install.
hi, all of them should be ok if operating under high temp condition,right?

Back