Who are you? What is new these days?

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am here super late at night in my time zone, and been curious. I joined this forum I think in 2014*. Spawned my youtube channel back in that year. Rock from Innovv was the first to reach out to me and see if I wanted to review a dash cam after I posted a pretty terrible blackvue dr550 review that year. I don't know what happened to him or Innovv because it seems they don't have an account here anymore. @BlackboxMyCar also reached out to me to see if I wanted to review dash cams and that started a long relationship between them, blackvue, thinkware and so on.

Over the years though I have drifted from the forum and kept on youtube. @kamkar and I talked quite a bit back in the day and see you are still very active. It seems like some haven't been active these days. I know Rick passed away, RIP.

@Vortex Radar I had followed for radar detectors and has become a fantastic reviewer of dash cams, and see you have been pretty active here.

I have just been curious though, do we still have the community that we had half a decade ago? @OCD Tronic @Street Guardian USA

I lurk here now mostly, but it seems like there are still some hardcore old school original members who do some dedicated testing but at the same time I wonder how much do we influence the market? I know @viofo is very active here which I appreciate.

If you remember me from years past, I would love to hear comments about the past or what's new.

O yes still going strong here, and for the fact i have threatened to wind down several times in the past years.
There are some new people trying to help out and thats just fine to have some new strong backs on deck

I installed a new camera in my car as late as yesterday, this is my first time with a Vantrue system ( Element 2 ) i already have my inboxing video up.
Got caught out ( installing on a parking lot ) by a severe sudden rainfall, so the rear camera are installed a little skewed, but it will be fine.
Also got some nighttime in town footage in, and my plan are to set out soon around noon to get some daytime footage, even if there are also a 50 % eclipse of the sun supposed to happen then, probably not something i will get on record as there also are some clouds to deal with.

I am not sure if i influence people to do anything, i hope not, but if i can be part of people making their own decisions on what to try, then i am all game.

I was choked we lost Jokiin / Rick, i really liked that guy, for sure a guy i would have looked up if my path brought me to Australia again.

Lately it is pretty uneventful to test cameras, my last ones have been from Viofo, and i cant really say much negative about them, they just chug along and do what they are supposed to do, right now i have the A229 and A 119 mini on my windscreen too.

Your comments/testing kamkar are appreciated. (y) But I agree there seems to be less trouble with the known brands, once installed work well enough and just keep on ticking.

I am here super late at night in my time zone, and been curious. I joined this forum I think in 2014*. Spawned my youtube channel back in that year. Rock from Innovv was the first to reach out to me and see if I wanted to review a dash cam after I posted a pretty terrible blackvue dr550 review that year. I don't know what happened to him or Innovv because it seems they don't have an account here anymore. @BlackboxMyCar also reached out to me to see if I wanted to review dash cams and that started a long relationship between them, blackvue, thinkware and so on.

Over the years though I have drifted from the forum and kept on youtube. @kamkar and I talked quite a bit back in the day and see you are still very active. It seems like some haven't been active these days. I know Rick passed away, RIP.

@Vortex Radar I had followed for radar detectors and has become a fantastic reviewer of dash cams, and see you have been pretty active here.

I have just been curious though, do we still have the community that we had half a decade ago? @OCD Tronic @Street Guardian USA

I lurk here now mostly, but it seems like there are still some hardcore old school original members who do some dedicated testing but at the same time I wonder how much do we influence the market? I know @viofo is very active here which I appreciate.

If you remember me from years past, I would love to hear comments about the past or what's new.

Hey Jon, long time no talk. It's been a while! We're still doing our thing as always on YouTube. Gotta keep pushing. Been testing out some new dash cams lately - if you're still doing your thing, reach out to us. Happy to work with you again.

Looks like TapaTalk is no longer supported.

Is there a way to be notified via email when tagged? I used to rely on TapaTalk. I’m only just now seeing this.

Hey Jon, long time no talk. It's been a while! We're still doing our thing as always on YouTube. Gotta keep pushing. Been testing out some new dash cams lately - if you're still doing your thing, reach out to us. Happy to work with you again.
Viofo is sending me the A139 pro, and blackvue their new battery.

I hope to buy the 2023 Prius and have a car to test in again because after I sold my 2007 Prius about 18 months ago, its been a pain in the butt testing 2 channel cams in my truck with the topper.

Yeah a topper do put a damper on things like that, though i must admit if i was to get a truck again i would also again get a top for the bed.

We are building a mountain, and we will paint it that sandstone brown next summer.
Thats for our G-scale trains in the field at my friends place.
When it come to things like that we Danes can not play ball in any way. all we have are a few berms of dirt pushed up during the last ice age.

Only + we are not as flat as the Netherlands, but then again if all ice melt, mainland Denmark will get very small and we will have to move to our not small island in the north Atlantic ( Greenland )

A new Blackvue battery? Definitely interested in more details about that - starting to look at battery packs again for upcoming vehicle purchase(s)... Getting a 2023 Toyota Sienna as an additional vehicle to the family fleet and thinking about a 2023 Toyota Prius (or Prius Prime) to replace my 2021 VW ID.4 ;)

A new Blackvue battery? Definitely interested in more details about that - starting to look at battery packs again for upcoming vehicle purchase(s)... Getting a 2023 Toyota Sienna as an additional vehicle to the family fleet and thinking about a 2023 Toyota Prius (or Prius Prime) to replace my 2021 VW ID.4 ;)
i put a reservation down on the 2023 prius, don't know if there is already a long list or anyone at all. the dealer has several 2022 prius limited and primes available so I am hoping there isn't a list.

Man you change car more often than i change underwear,,,,,, even when i was making money as a working man.
Of course in Denmark buying or operating a car,,,,, not as dirt cheap as in the US

i put a reservation down on the 2023 prius, don't know if there is already a long list or anyone at all. the dealer has several 2022 prius limited and primes available so I am hoping there isn't a list.

I haven't contacted any dealers about ordering the Prius yet. Unfortunately in California, it's difficult to find a dealer who will accept order at MSRP without trade-ins or markup. I'm on a waitlist for the 2023 Sienna and was told it'll take 6 to 12 months.

When i got my current car, i went to the dealer did a test drive ASO, and then i said ill take it.
They then said OK NICE, it will be a few months, i said why, they said so you can get the paint you like, i said the red one are just fine.
They said " O " but metallic paint ASO,,,, i said " i dont care, give me red car "

Really this side of a major lottery win i couldent care less what color my car is, well as long as its not pink or some other ghastly color, and it sure as hell dont need to be metallic.
Buying a dream car, that would of course also entail color, so in my case flat black or maybe flat black flat army green, CUZ my dream car is a 12 - 15 ton APC not a regular car, and sure as hell not a sports car.

When i got my current car, i went to the dealer did a test drive ASO, and then i said ill take it.
They then said OK NICE, it will be a few months, i said why, they said so you can get the paint you like, i said the red one are just fine.
They said " O " but metallic paint ASO,,,, i said " i dont care, give me red car "

Really this side of a major lottery win i couldent care less what color my car is, well as long as its not pink or some other ghastly color, and it sure as hell dont need to be metallic.
Buying a dream car, that would of course also entail color, so in my case flat black or maybe flat black flat army green, CUZ my dream car is a 12 - 15 ton APC not a regular car, and sure as hell not a sports car.
I am picky, I figure if I am spending a lot of money I don't want to see my car in a color on the road making me think "I wish I got that color" haha.

I joked that my dream car as a kid was a Lamborghini diablo and my dream car as an adult in his 30s is a hyundai ioniq hybrid. :ROFLMAO: but hyundai killed the ioniq hybrid, and the 23' prius looks much better so now it is my "dream car". So many people are like "WHY WOULD YOU GET A PRIUS?" After having my 07' I can't go back to a regular sedan. The liftback is too convenient, and I don't care about sports cars either. I just want a very good commuter car/grocery getter. SUV's IMO are over rated, most are just tall cars with worse fuel economy.

The Prius seem to be a popular car in the US, over here in little old Denmark you barely see them.

I think if i really wanted the color to be special i would mix it myself, and apply it, or get my friend that have more experience with automotive paint to apply it.
And i would probably forget what parts i have mixed the paint off, so come time to repaint a dented fender i am screwed.

I have never owned a sedan, it have all been hatchback or pickups / SUV

ATM my main want is a higher seating, to facilitate easy entry and exit, that is why i got my current Suzuki car as it is a bit higher than regular cars, though not SUV / 4X4 or truck high for the driver.

A dream APC,,,,, i would probably also have to fit a ladder to get up into it, or maybe a electric platform, these are generally also not "slide right in" vehicles as they are made for fit soldiers and not silly old decrepit Danish men.

I would also take a older Buick Riviera, with a 572 CUI engine in it, just to make tree huggers fall over and cry when i roll by.

In Denmark cars use to carry a 180 % tax, thats beside the 25 % sales tax, in essence you got 1 car but paid for 2, this is only the same with extremely non green cars, electric cars barely carry any of that tax
Also gas price, well right now it is +2 USD here ,,,,, for 1 liter, and it take 3.7 of those to get a gallon.

The Prius seem to be a popular car in the US, over here in little old Denmark you barely see them.

I think if i really wanted the color to be special i would mix it myself, and apply it, or get my friend that have more experience with automotive paint to apply it.
And i would probably forget what parts i have mixed the paint off, so come time to repaint a dented fender i am screwed.

I have never owned a sedan, it have all been hatchback or pickups / SUV

ATM my main want is a higher seating, to facilitate easy entry and exit, that is why i got my current Suzuki car as it is a bit higher than regular cars, though not SUV / 4X4 or truck high for the driver.

A dream APC,,,,, i would probably also have to fit a ladder to get up into it, or maybe a electric platform, these are generally also not "slide right in" vehicles as they are made for fit soldiers and not silly old decrepit Danish men.

I would also take a older Buick Riviera, with a 572 CUI engine in it, just to make tree huggers fall over and cry when i roll by.

In Denmark cars use to carry a 180 % tax, thats beside the 25 % sales tax, in essence you got 1 car but paid for 2, this is only the same with extremely non green cars, electric cars barely carry any of that tax
Also gas price, well right now it is +2 USD here ,,,,, for 1 liter, and it take 3.7 of those to get a gallon.
They are popular but also very unpopular hah. Whenever I tell people i have (had) or plan on buying a new one every is always like "WHAT? Why would you get a prius?"

I like a practical car, one with a lift back too for good storage. I don't like regular sedan trunks.

Apparently a lot of guys with hopped up diesel pickups like to "smoke out" any prius at any intersection.

Myself, I do not even notice the difference between one puddle jumper and another.
Although I would like better mpg I will use more fuel to get the stability of Rear Wheel Drive.
Small cars are all front wheel drive which equals junk in my estimation. RWD for life.

When i had my Mitsubishi pickup ( EXT cab )
Well 90 % of the time i did not have 4x4 engaged, so mainly drove that in RWD
Just rwd in the winter was good fun even if it was a ship when i put it sideways ( happened often )
Aside for the Mitsubishi and my first car the Volvo 121, then all of my cars have been fwd, which i feel are much safer than rwd.

In a fwd car i can do things on ice / snow with the hand brake and throttle / gears that i would never be able to do with a rwd car, basically just point the front wheels where you want to go, no matter the angle / direction of the car.

When really throwing down in my Opel not so hot hatch in the 90ties, well i could be in 2 gear, then a split second later in REV gear, only to be in 2 gear again, or any other combination of the 2, and do things you only see / use to see due to CGI, kick ass stuntmen do in movies.
Pretty easy to do a full 360 while driving / sliding in one direction, and i am sure if i had more space i would have been able to do a dual 360, though then you need higher initial speed than 2 gear would give you.

In this perspektiver i do miss snow in winter, though now with stupid electronics in the car that ruin everything.

Back