Who's looking forward to the new 622 coming out?

In the old days i used single cameras on all 4 sides, but now as double systems are a option i use those, so my F&R system are the SG9663DC, and my side cameras are the test sample i was sent of the K2S system.

I talk about the side camera install in this video.

in the video above where i talk about the side system install you can just make out the dock for my phone on the driver side door, it is a made up dock made with the suction cup and arm from a original Samsung galaxy 2 car dock, onto which i have put a universal brodit phone dock as my phone now need USB C and are larger.
The phone film strait back and can only be turned outwards a tiny bit, but mainly as i dident think of this option when i made it, and also the front camera which would be used are fairly wide angle.
The dock sit so close to the steering wheel i can touch the screen and not take my hand off the steering wheel if you pause the video above at 3:49 you can see the phone dock to the left of the head rest.
I have never tried it out, it is rare i get pulled over and when i do i get out of the car to face them as i have a hard time with people leaning in over me, + it is no problem to do that here in Denmark.

Last edited:
I have the best wishes for the 622, but not so much any hope for those wishes to transpire. No new cam or cam series is entirely without it's problems and issues but it seems to me that Nextbase hasn't been addressing those as well as it did in the past when we had Tiffany being very active here on DCT helping folks. Can't say if her going away was a cause or effect, but it's clear that it was that point in time when things began to change with Nextbase, and seemingly not in a good way. So I too am looking forward to the 622- just not expecting much when it occurs :( That's a shame as I'd always wanted them in the US market whuich they have done, but not done as well as I'd expected them to do.

Time will tell what we get as it always does. Nextbase needs a real winner right now, maybe this will be it.

Phil

In my opinion Nextbase need to move away from the ball joint style mounting system and adopt their 380 design with a solid mount that eliminates vibration. Add to that the latest resolutions, bitrates and a CPL facility.

I have always brought my dashcams indoors to offload the footage. With the Nextbase 402 and 412, every time they were re-mounted they had to be realigned because the balljoint had moved.
Another side effect of a ball joint is camera shake made worse by the camera body on a stalk.

I turned down an 'offer' of a 422 because I could see from the design that it was back to square 1 as I was running the solid mount capacitor based 380. That prompted me to research the market and I'm glad I did.

Does anyone know if Nextbase has an update on when they're releasing this dashcam?

For anyone wondering, I emailed them today and they said the tentative release is in July now.
Nice, not long now! Looking forward to seeing the reviews on it when people get their hands on it and if it's much better than the 612 4K and if it's worth the upgrade from the 522 given the extra cost.

in the video above where i talk about the side system install you can just make out the dock for my phone on the driver side door, it is a made up dock made with the suction cup and arm from a original Samsung galaxy 2 car dock, onto which i have put a universal brodit phone dock as my phone now need USB C and are larger.
The phone film strait back and can only be turned outwards a tiny bit, but mainly as i dident think of this option when i made it, and also the front camera which would be used are fairly wide angle.
The dock sit so close to the steering wheel i can touch the screen and not take my hand off the steering wheel if you pause the video above at 3:49 you can see the phone dock to the left of the head rest.
I have never tried it out, it is rare i get pulled over and when i do i get out of the car to face them as i have a hard time with people leaning in over me, + it is no problem to do that here in Denmark.

@kamkar1 good videos. What is this K2S system you mentioned?

No the video of me getting pulled over by the cops was taken with the mini0906 i was testing at the time. ( front and rear ) the side cameras at that time was ( R ) innovv C3 that have not sold for long, and on the (L) side i had a mobius.

The other 2 videos above are from the K2S system usede as side cameras ( + SG9663DC front & rear )

Not long now until it's out in the wild..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200708-230237_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200708-230237_Samsung Internet.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 15
I've heard nothing official yet from @NextBase Support so until then, I'll expect it wenh it reaches the masses...

I am inclined to think nextbase got burned on new hardware ( SOC ) too
That 4 channel system Thinkware demoed, well it is also still vapors.

Not long now until it's out in the wild..
That seems rather expensive for a single channel camera, rear camera at extra cost... It had better be better 4K than the cheaper Viofo A129 Pro that comes with rear camera included. Or does it include some great, indispensable, cloud features not found on the Viofo?

That seems rather expensive for a single channel camera, rear camera at extra cost... It had better be better 4K than the cheaper Viofo A129 Pro that comes with rear camera included. Or does it include some great, indispensable, cloud features not found on the Viofo?

It has Alexa, What3Words, a new Extreme Weather Mode, Digital Image Stabilisation, 5GHz Wi-Fi, offering Dual 2.4GHz + 5GHz, and their exclusive Emergency SOS system.

That'll account for a chunk of the cost.

Faster wifi, though i doubt i will use it much sound good, those other things however, dont have my interest at all, but will probably be eye catchers for a whole lot of people.

I know this camera isn't out so no one can say for sure but does anyone have any experience with the Thinkware vs Nextbase lines in general? I have the Thinkware U1000 for one car, and want to get a dashcam for a second, I was originally just going to get a second U1000 and call it a day but then I saw this 622GW and thought I would wait it out. I don't have any experience with Nextbase though so not sure if there's any major pros/cons against them vs Thinkware on a high level.

unproven but the Nextbase 'may' have better video quality, remains to be seen if they have or not, that said the Thinkware have less reliability issues, that should be a greater concern in the choice of any camera

Nextbase Support seem to have vanished off here.

They certainly don't have the presence they once did which I feel is a serious error on their part. But given the overall state of their new series of cams whoever they put here would be very busy (and maybe very bashed) trying to deal with the issues. I think it safe to say that all of us would love to have Tiffany back- she was awesome :love:

Phil

Back