Why no Street Guardian models on the Dash Cam Comparison page ?

Zelig

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Given all the time and effort jokiin puts into this place (not just pushing his own barrow - I have seen plenty of posts from him helping users with cameras from other manufacturers too), why aren't there any Street Guardian models listed on the Dash Cam Comparison page ?

I sure at some stage they will be there. Maybe admin is too busy at the moment which is understandable.
Most important is what kind of feedback is on the forum from end user.

probably is on there but too high up you cant see it, no real comparison, its too good to compare to the rest.

Given all the time and effort jokiin puts into this place (not just pushing his own barrow - I have seen plenty of posts from him helping users with cameras from other manufacturers too), why aren't there any Street Guardian models listed on the Dash Cam Comparison page ?

Good post Zelig, I often wondered that myself.

Yes, this is not normal.
I also searched but not found.
need to write a message to the admin, let them fix it.

When I started this site the focus has been on finding the best dashcam for the $. So for the Chinese models, I try to search for the "generic" version and build a page for it. This is the model I have followed since the site was started and I will continue to follow. For example, the Street Guardian SG9665GM is on the B40/A118 page. The SG7LA50G is on the CDV300x page.

However there are 3 other models that I need to add.

SG9665GPS - Need to add this to the B40/A118 page
SGZC12SG - Need to add to the Panorama II/S/G page
SG9665GC - This one deserves a page on its own, since it does run different hardware than the B40. Will work on that shortly

Also need to add niko's store on the where to buy!

SG9665GC - This one deserves a page on its own, since it does run different hardware than the B40. Will work on that shortly

Actually we're (more specifically me) guilty of a typo on this one, website, packaging etc is being updated for next production, we don't use the same NT96650 processor as the SG9665GM and SG9665GPS and the B40 variants, we're actually using a higher end processor, the NT96655 so it's not just the sensor and lens that are responsible for the better performance, it does use the better processor as well

Last edited by a moderator:
DashCamMan, SG9665GC and B40/A118 - these are completely different levels of video, quality toppings etc..
good quality by definition can't be cheap

I agree and will create a page for it. Hopefully within the next week.

And a small correction.
This is a 2015 model. The sales start March 23, 2015.
If I'm wrong, Rick will correct me

we started work on it April 2014 but yes March 2015 was when the final version was first released for sale

we started work on it April 2014 but yes March 2015 was when the final version was first released for sale
We typically celebrate the anniversary of the delivery (birth) and not the conception. Besides, that would be a rather awkward conversation. :confused:

Chinese astrology is based on conception date isn't it?

Chinese astrology is based on conception date isn't it?

Not Chinese astrology, more precisely the lunar birthday of a person begins on the date of conception, not on the date of birth. But just let us keep it simple here, so date a dashcam on the date that is being released on the market (just like cars). Otherwise jokiin could just make up any random date e.g. he could say he had this bright idea of this device written down on a piece of toilet paper when he was just a 10 year old kid while doing the dump in the toilet :p

Posting that description on an internet forum is called an 'efoo' ;)

Hehe, not sure what you mean by that. Sorry if my description was a bit crude :D

If new firmware or new gift box will be released very soon I think is better for SG to wait a little more.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back