eff688c50ced.png

BlackVue DR550GW-2CH - official firmware
http://s018.radikal.ru/i514/1504/78/604cde250e25.png

a77369ebeaf0.png

BlackVue DR550GW-2CH - custom firmware 1.5

http://s013.radikal.ru/i322/1504/a1/c25e2e4f6e77.png

1c038b84b70d.png

Last edited:
Your team did quite good with custom BV firmware, but based on this comparison I do see that Rick's team of engineers got better image quality than custom BV, at least based on this footage. ( no offence to your BV custom firmware developers, they do a good job anyway from original FW )

Need a lot of work on the sharpness/clarity at night + + need to find the color balance when you turn on the headlights (becomes darker around)
I hope Rick will do it.

Your team did quite good with custom BV firmware, but based on this comparison I do see that Rick's team of engineers got better image quality than custom BV, at least based on this footage. ( no offence to your BV custom firmware developers, they do a good job anyway from original FW )

I'd like to see how we compare to the standard Blackvue firmware results

Such comparisons are a gold mine of information and are far better than words alone - at my pre-purchase stage I spent a lot of time looking at such posts which helped me narrow down my list of possibles. Have to say I do not do a lot of 'night driving' other than my part time chauffeur work (not in my car) so the daytime footage always had more interest for me added to which the availability of a genuine and sound customer all-round support made my decision so easy...:cool:

good catch ;)

afYVH.jpg

f78543f204ec.png

How does this look as far as shot aligment goes? Too much sky? Too much dash?

How does this look as far as shot aligment goes? Too much sky? Too much dash?

that's about where we normally say to have it, if you want to pull it up a bit from there to cut down on the reflections just see how you go for white balance, there's no hard and fast rule that works for every situation but where you have it now is the starting point

that's about where we normally say to have it, if you want to pull it up a bit from there to cut down on the reflections just see how you go for white balance, there's no hard and fast rule that works for every situation but where you have it now is the starting point
Thank you! I really like my cam thus far. Here's my very first "on the highway" video clip from this morning.

Just checking in. I'm a first time camera owner, purchased from Pier28 and can say I'm extremely pleased overall. Shipping was super fast to Canada and no border/customs issues. Came straight to the door.

The package is great, the camera is much smaller than I anticipated. Build quality seems good too. Doesn't have that hollow, rattly Chinese manufactured feel to it. Definitely a good design. As a first time buyer I think this is just what I was looking for. Very retail.

Install was relatively simple. I was a little nervous committing to sticking the mount on the windshield, but found a good spot first try. Plenty of cable to run to power. I haven't hooked up the GPS yet, not sure if I'm going to bother. I like to keep the interior tidy if I can.

The only thing I would have liked is a lower profile 12 volt adapter with a smaller or dimmer LED, but I suppose I can look around for one of those.

All in all, good job by manufacturer and seller!

The only thing I would have liked is a lower profile 12 volt adapter with a smaller or dimmer LED, but I suppose I can look around for one of those....

Same issue in my wife's car, solution - black electrical tape.

Is it possible to enable the GPS for time and location only, and exclude the speed data completely? Or include the speed data, but have the option to completely sever that information?

Back