Wide Angle Lens and Dash Reflections

liveinxs

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius ActionCam, Front, Rear and both Sides
20141015_105714.jpg
Just curious, if anyone have noticed an increase in dash reflections, while using the Mobius with the Wide Angle lens , as opposed to the Regular Lens..

i just installed my Mobius using a custom bracket that i fabricated, thinking it would eliminate the reflections, and even though the lens is within a hair of the glass, i am still getting reflections...

i think i am gonna try the Black Dash Cover route...

Last edited:
windscreen angle doesn't change so reflection will still happen, what exactly gets reflected though is more the point, varies by vehicle type

Yes I am thinking it's the angle of the windshield, that causes the reflections, my Durango has a very steep slope, whereas my Jeep Wrangler had a nearly vertical angle....

A good example of what is causing our reflection issues
Screenshot_2014-10-16-22-28-38.png

Yeah the angle is a killer, I have a long sloped windscreen and have nightmares with reflections.

CPL filters or something like a dashmat are the best options in scenarios with sloped windscreens.

VW_Passat_CC_R-Line_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht,_7._April_2011,_Velbert.jpg

20141015_105714.jpg
Just curious, if anyone have noticed an increase in dash reflections, while using the Mobius with the Wide Angle lens , as opposed to the Regular Lens..

i just installed my Mobius using a custom bracket that i fabricated, thinking it would eliminate the reflections, and even though the lens is within a hair of the glass, i am still getting reflections...

You may need to point that Mobius down a bit. The picture makes it look parallel to the ground. Pointing it down a bit helps exposure

You may need to point that Mobius down a bit. The picture makes it look parallel to the ground. Pointing it down a bit helps exposure
i will definitely try that, maybe that will reduce reflections....

i am still believing that the wide angle lens is a big problem causing reflections, reason i say that is, i viewed some of my older footage, when i was using the G1W, and the reflections were nearly zero, but with the Mobius, that are pretty severe....

i just ordered a Black dash cover, hopefully that helps, and also i am gonna be ordering another Mobius, but this time with the "A" lens, and try that in place of the "B" lens in the front location...

if that works, i plan on buying a replacement "A" lens, and replace the wide angle lens, they seem to be inexpensive...

Sorry for my dumb question, but... what is a "Black Dash Cover" ?
Have you got a link ?

You can try using a polarizing lens. You can create your own with the lens cap and a polarizing filter (from 3d glasses).

And here is a video that shows the difference it makes (at 2:14, the filter is taken off and you can see the difference in the reflection):

20141015_105714.jpg

The best remedy for the Reflections is a "Dashmat", found on Amazon. I have one in all of my vehicles. Eliminates almost all of the reflections and cuts down on heat during the summer months!

The best remedy for the Reflections is a "Dashmat", found on Amazon. I have one in all of my vehicles. Eliminates almost all of the reflections and cuts down on heat during the summer months!

Yes, i heard, in fact, i will receive my dash cover , this Wednesday, in fact to further eliminate reflections, i painted the plastic windshield pillars, which were grey, Flat Black, using interior trim paint, and the pillars of disappear, in the windows, zero reflections.

Back