Will there be a US/International version?

Maybe because will be again a problem because of searching. When I was uploading videos from Yi cameras I didn't know what name to use for titles because people are searching for XiaoMi, not for Yi or XiaoYi. Sometimes I used XiaoMi but added tag with XiaoYi.

But we can see that official page it not contains even the XiaoYi as brand name, just as website owner. I think XiaoMi got so mad and put a pressure on them to remove also the XiaoYi name.

Finally, the Yi idea was great just for making money. They used something (Yi) very close to Mi from XiaoMi, then spread the hoax that their Yi camera is a XiaoMi thing. Then greedy chinese online stores saw this hoax as a good business because of low price and advertised a lot.

Hey, bloody, you know what you're talking about ???
If you don't know, say you don't know but no guessing OK ??

XiaoYi Dash Cam is manufactured under the Xiaomi Corporation, the 2nd largest Mobile Phone Manufacturer in the World.
You're listening right ???
Do you want to attend my Chinese class ???

XiaoYi Dash Cam is manufactured under the Xiaomi Corporation
Guessing is free in a free world. In HK is not?
Prove me that.

There are some big brand companies which stopped the production but which are allowing some no-name manufacturers to use their name, I know this from my DVD Players experience. For example Hitachi electronics can not be made by Hitachi but by some obscure manufacturer which is using legally their name. In Romania their DVD Players were imported by some guy which was making them in China under the Hitachi name. The quality was almost OK, but not at Japanese standards, because using cheap materials, no firmware support. That guy can make that products at any factory.

If the Yi cameras are made by XiaoMi then we should see XiaoMi brand name on their cameras, gift boxes and the Yi products on the Mi.com website. Why they avoid to put their well known name on cameras? Are shamed about camera products?

Hey, bloody
Do you want to attend my Chinese class ???
Class of what?????? Jiu Jitsu????? Muay Thai????? MMA????? K1??????

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
If the Yi cameras were made by XiaoMi then we should see XiaoMi brand name on their cameras, gift boxes and the Yi products on the Mi.com website.
They are on the Chinese website though mate:

http://www.mi.com/smart/

The English version of the website misses many products that are on the Chinese site.

I know why Romania is still producing Vampire nowadays.

Reactions: Mtz
Seriously, let's not let egos to post in our place. I came on these forums for the vast amount of information and for the great commutity it seems to be here. Let's try to make our posts useful for others.

Paradox, here is a nice place, no problems at all. Fanboys are everywhere!

I know why Romania is still producing Vampire nowadays.
At least there is one thing in the world that China can not make it! :p

enjoy,
Mtz

I'm ordinary consumer like everyone of you. Unfortunately I read Chinese more than each of you.
As for the background story of Xiaoyi Dash Cam, we know much deeper. From the early days that we're surprised to see the Xiaomi crowd funding in Taobao during 2015 year end to its launching with early bird special price reduction in February 2016, we really know the story behind.

I'm with technical background do respect the technical expertises here. But I couldn't tolerate any unwanted stories spreaded around.
China is really changing now. It's getting weathly to a point that it may not need to export everything first to get those monies. After all, there's huge internal demand of those dash cams.

If anyone of us isn't a fan boy of Xiaoyi dash cam, why should we gather around and discuss it here?

I'm happy to do free Chinese translations to you guys.

In china, they are selling it to the customers at 47,5$ (not included shipment). Pretty shock.

Last edited:
I'm ordinary consumer like everyone of you. Unfortunately I read Chinese more than each of you.
As for the background story of Xiaoyi Dash Cam, we know much deeper. From the early days that we're surprised to see the Xiaomi crowd funding in Taobao during 2015 year end to its launching with early bird special price reduction in February 2016, we really know the story behind.

I'm with technical background do respect the technical expertises here. But I couldn't tolerate any unwanted stories spreaded around.
China is really changing now. It's getting weathly to a point that it may not need to export everything first to get those monies. After all, there's huge internal demand of those dash cams.

If anyone of us isn't a fan boy of Xiaoyi dash cam, why should we gather around and discuss it here?

I'm happy to do free Chinese translations to you guys.
We don't need. We have google translater. ;)
I think all manufactures have to take this news very seriously.

Last edited:
In china, they are selling it to the customers at 47,5$ (not included shipment). Pretty shock.
Wanna know why the price is $ 47.5 ???

Chinese can't made alot of thing. Ex:
@Alan Chan I see very clean your proud about mighty China. But in HK, can't you still able to made anything like this ? Do you remember this ?
Chip A7 was invent by american company. Sensor Sony by Japanes company. Your simple work is putiing them together.

Nothing politics. Just remember that.
No trash talk.

I purchase valuable products no matter where it comes from.
Got a lot of Japanese products myself. My Clarks were made in Vietnam.

Why don't you assemble and make a Xiaoyi in Vietnam instead of Talking here ???

This price can be good for Asian market and XiaoMi fans. For people from rest of the world and for the ones which have experience in dashcams the form factor is more important and they will not buy it just because is too big, too visible, no matter how good are the specs or the price. I will not buy such camera even for $10 and if is made by NASA. For an american customer, for example, is not important if it is $50 or $60, for him is more important to fits its needing and most of them will buy just because of XiaoMi (not XiaoYi) name and for Yi good marketing idea, a CMOS with good specs. If will take out the XiaoMi name and the specs of its CMOS we will obtain an ordinary camera which can be sold cheaper than $47,5 China price of Yi.

Again, the best ”move” of XiaoYi dashcam was to use this Aptina sensor which is looking good in specifications, on paper, but if the CMOS is not followed by a good quality lens that specifications will be in vain. And until now the lens are poor, going out of focus. Poor lens can be a reason of low price, not only what jokiin wrote or Alan knows.

enjoy,
Mtz

They reduced the price by cutting reseller too. Only one store in alibaba and taobao. No mediate reseller in china. The price they sell to everybody in china is the price they will sell to amazon or any one. No more discount. They sell it directly in the china market on internet. Yi action cam is selling at 61$ in china market.
I guess it'll be at 60 - 70$ when selling at amazon. It's still a very good price.
There always have some greed people who like cheap things.

This price can be good for Asian market and XiaoMi fans. For people from rest of the world and for the ones which have experience in dashcams the form factor is more important and they will not buy it just because is too big, too visible, no matter how good are the specs or the price. I will not buy such camera even for $10 and if is made by NASA. For an american customer, for example, is not important if it is $50 or $60, for him is more important to fits its needing and most of them will buy just because of XiaoMi (not XiaoYi) name and for Yi good marketing idea, a CMOS with good specs. If will take out the XiaoMi name and the specs of its CMOS we will obtain an ordinary camera which can be sold cheaper than $47,5 China price of Yi.

Again, the best ”move” of XiaoYi dashcam was to use this Aptina sensor which is looking good in specifications, on paper, but if the CMOS is not followed by a good quality lens that specifications will be in vain. And until now the lens are poor, going out of focus. Poor lens can be a reason of low price, not only what jokiin wrote or Alan knows.
ow price only comes about by making some sacrifices, component quality takes a hit when this happens

You guys still don't know the politics behind. It's more than technical. Nothing about the quality thing. So Engineer won't be Entrepreneur !!!
OK give you some hints. Is Banggood or GearBest still selling the Xiaoyi Dash Cam with the Red Ribbon?

IMG_5546.JPG the Xiaoyi Dash Cam with the red ribbon ???

Its not riddle. The story is behind the red ribbon !!! So much to say.
Wanna learn Chinese now ?

On the box I saw from the first time after I received the camera, two things which are not in chinese:
1. I see 1296p which is almost a lie because it is interpolated from 1080p. I don't know any camera from latest years which are using this stupid trick to interpolate a video.
2. And I see www.xiaoyi.com. Nothing about XiaoMi. If is made by XiaoMi, why not using www.xiaomi.com ?

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
jokiin, I did ask a question and said the story is behind the red ribbon.
If you want to do business in China, its more than just technical. Surely everyone knows that. If I carry on further, that'll underestimate the intelligence of this group.
My style is not hanging around but explicit.

If somebody is coming back with that kind of unnecessary comments, I assure you I won't be here.

Back