Will there be a US/International version?

ThatGuy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering if Xiaomi have confirmed if they will be releasing a US/International version of this dash cam?

at a guess Amazon will do it, they picked up the action cam so I would think they would do the car cam as well

Amazon already doing "Amazon" branded rechargable batteries and few other stuff, so it will be not surprisd if they go with dashcams soon.

Amazon already doing "Amazon" branded rechargable batteries and few other stuff, so it will be not surprisd if they go with dashcams soon.

I don't think they'd rebrand it, just sell it as they have done with the sport cam which is available direct from Amazon, Xioami don't deal with small sellers at all, the ones you see selling these products internationally buy from local sellers and resell, they're not through official channels

Just wondering if Xiaomi have confirmed if they will be releasing a US/International version of this dash cam?

At best at the end of March it will be released with English language..

that ad also says it's an Ambarella chipset, so how accurate are the specs they've listed then :rolleyes:

I didn't get that when I saw the item, I just wanted to let you guys know, are there knock-offs for this product then?

OR what else do you mean about the accuracy?

read the full description, it's listed there

as for accuracy, very often they just cut and paste specs from other models they list and don't pay any attention if what they write is correct or not, always a risk with these Chinese sellers

read the full description, it's listed there

as for accuracy, very often they just cut and paste specs from other models they list and don't pay any attention if what they write is correct or not, always a risk with these Chinese sellers

OK, thanks. Is there a list of certified sneller for this item?

OK, thanks. Is there a list of certified sneller for this item?

from what I understand Xiaomi do not support any of these small sellers, it's all bought locally and resold, while that makes it difficult to know where to buy from I'd probably suggest buying from one of the known offenders rather than some random seller that you've never seen any feedback on, as Jack Ma the owner of Alibaba says, only 1% of their sellers are bad guys, unfortunately they have 500 million people selling on their platform so that's still 5 million bad sellers, I'd probably wait for it to turn up somewhere where there are better protection mechanisms in place like eBay or Amazon, purchasing elsewhere I think you only spend what you're prepared to lose

Geekbuying currently accepts pre orders for Xiaomi's dashcam. Price is 71.99$ and stock is in Hong Kong.

my APP has English UI:
screenlyl.png

screenkgk.png

That's official xiaomi android app? iOS app only in Chinese

For sure the international version will remain big and so visible from inside and outside of the car. :D Maybe they will release also in the XiaoYi Yi action cam green color. Maybe pink from some ladies???

enjoy,
Mtz

So how is this camera as a action camera? Because it seems better then the normal yi but dont know bout battery details etc but atleast it has a screen.

So how is this camera as a action camera? Because it seems better then the normal yi but dont know bout battery details etc but atleast it has a screen.

No, it's not an action camera, it's a dashcam, though it can be used as some kind of action camera but you'll have to use a power bank.

Back